What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

I haven't given up. Sure, they were flat. I am just still waiting for a reason to believe Mary can lead them to be true contenders. Who knows, maybe they can get on a run going into the finals behind some individual brilliance and momentum, or maybe the forwards will somehow get their early season legs back under them. I think many fans are simply waiting and wanting for the Dragons to give the appearance that they are a structurally well coached and well-selected side.
I'm waiting for an 18y.o Swedish model to fall in love with me.
Let's see which one happens first?

Bench
If McIdiot picks the same 17 next week that will prove that he has no idea, no plan.
One thing we badly need is a new captain now. What happens when we get a try scored against us the whole team is behind the try line like a bunch of headless crooks.
Give the capitancy to Tyson. He, at least gives it his all.

Old Timer

Coach
Lets see how we go mate. The cohesiveness we had earlier this year may not be gone for good... By the way, where did it go do you think?

Same thing happened in 2011 didn't it... Our form just dropped and we had nothing...must've been Bennett's fault.
The cohesiveness has gone because other teams worked us out and now put us under pressure and deny us time & space.
Because our “planned”” attack is somewhat 1 dimensional and we lack variety we can be shut down easily and only individual brilliance can make the necessary difference.
2011 Bennett announced mid season he was leaving and morale dropped alarmingly
I also think the Gasnier fiasco caused some issues as well.

ozbuck

Juniors
As has been a few times under Mary, that was the peak! The grand final. The big games. The May/June premiership trophies that Saints seem to win a lot of lately. The side looked extra good this year, because of Graham and Hunt. Then came Origin and here we are.

I truly hope they figure it out. Unfortunately, Saints don't have a coach that is able to say "JDB, you can use a week off. We need you in September, mate", or "Florence, sit out this week, we need another forward on the bench". These type of things come back to bite you. We also know, Mary hasn't shown a plan B strategy wise, pretty much ever.

I think they will beat the Cowboys in a close one, then hopefully they start to get their legs back and scrape into the top four and turn it on in the finals.

My point is that cohesive strong play isn't a 'thing' that goes some other place... What it is an attitude, a mindset, a momentum. That needs to start building again. The players have to come together and figure that shit out too.

Just look at P.Green at the moment with the cowboysz and Bennett with us at the end of 2011...sometimes it doesn't matter about the creditials of a coach...players also have to carry their weight too

ozbuck

Juniors
Year and years and years of this total rubbish against team we should easily beat.
When is this going to stop?

McGreagor has proved himself, time and time again, totally incapable of getting the team up for big games.
And when I say "big games" I mean games we should and need to win.
It's just not in him.

Wherever we finish this season we will not win a finals match with the attitude he passes onto the team.

What is that attitude? Are you listening to his conversations in the changerooms?

What attitude was he passing on earlier this year?

ozbuck

Juniors
The cohesiveness has gone because other teams worked us out and now put us under pressure and deny us time & space.
Because our “planned”” attack is somewhat 1 dimensional and we lack variety we can be shut down easily and only individual brilliance can make the necessary difference.
2011 Bennett announced mid season he was leaving and morale dropped alarmingly
I also think the Gasnier fiasco caused some issues as well.

Parra, Tigers, and even the storm didn't put us under pressure when we had the ball. We just weren't on the front front, upbeat, and confident. If we played those teams with the same cohesiveness as earlier this year we would have won well I believe.

Exactly right about 2011, still those saying its 100% on Mary right now don't hold those same standards to Bennett that year. Same thing though...drop in form at the end of the season. I remember been Bennett's saying they (the players) need to figure this out..m he realises that he can't do everything and that players need to pull their weight too. EVERYBODY counts within a TEAM.

to_ddeath

Coach
After over 4 years in that box, I think the 'players are responsible' line has been trotted out way past expiry.
The bloke now has 'the team he wants' yet we're seeing the same old crap attack & edge defense issues that have been there from the outset.
Please, it all comes back to the 'coaching'. Hard, ugly realities need to be faced here....

BennyV

Referee
Actual photo of ozbuck right now:
images

What is that attitude? Are you listening to his conversations in the changerooms?

What attitude was he passing on earlier this year?

I don't need to listen in on the conversations.
I have eyes, you can see the poor attitude and preparation every time they run onto the feild against weaker teams and the results show it.
They only started playing football in the last ten minuites against the Tigers, they were woeful for the first 70.

How many times this year have we let in the first try?
How many games have we scraped a win with individual brilliance getting us out of jail against terrible football teams?
How many times have we all said "we should put 50 on them" only to lose, or just win in the dying seconds?

It's poor preparation and attitude, that comes from the top down.

Parra, Tigers, and even the storm didn't put us under pressure when we had the ball. We just weren't on the front front, upbeat, and confident. If we played those teams with the same cohesiveness as earlier this year we would have won well I believe.

Exactly right about 2011, still those saying its 100% on Mary right now don't hold those same standards to Bennett that year. Same thing though...drop in form at the end of the season. I remember been Bennett's saying they (the players) need to figure this out..m he realises that he can't do everything and that players need to pull their weight too. EVERYBODY counts within a TEAM.
Rose coloured glasses?
We fell apart in 2011 due to Bennett having one foot out the door, ageing players having already won thier premiership and a roster all wondering who Uncle Wayno would take to Newcastke with him.

Right now we have the "roster Mary wants" and no more excuses, but all we ever get are excuses.
4 1/2 years of the same rubbish game plans that work for the first 10-15 rounds until teams do thier homework, a term foreign to Mary, and work out how to beat us.
Then when we start losing we get the same "cut, paste, repeat" from out "coach"

hazzbeen

Bench
I have come to a conclusion , Mary really is a Genius he is still coaching he has fooled everyone and more than likely get an extension to his contract ...... GENIUS ....

getsmarty

Immortal
I have come to a conclusion , Mary really is a Genius he is still coaching he has fooled everyone and more than likely get an extension to his contract ...... GENIUS ....

Be careful Hazz....I can see this happening...Doust probably has the contract on his desk right now...LOL

P.S In all seriousness we have set up a structure which no outside coach of experience would want to get involved in..eg..they cannot bring in their own people...you are stuck with Hornby/Young etc...just ask I.Cleary.

That's why McGregor is here to stay...if he gets punted, another old boy (Hornby/Young) or rookie outside the club gets the gig...its a catch 22. THANKYOU DOUST.

hazzbeen

Bench
Be careful Hazz....I can see this happening...Doust probably has the contract on his desk right now...LOL

P.S In all seriousness we have set up a structure which no outside coach of experience would want to get involved in..eg..they cannot bring in their own people...you are stuck with Hornby/Young etc...just ask I.Cleary.

That's why McGregor is here to stay...if he gets punted, another old boy (Hornby/Young) or rookie outside the club gets the gig...its a catch 22. THANKYOU DOUST.
Mate stop scaring me Nightmare ....

Bench
In his eyes McIdiot has proved himself as a coach.
His plan resembles the movie Titanic, he is just shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic and we know how that ended.

Last edited: