What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Gareth67

First Grade
Widdop is by far the best player we have at the moment. He is the only one that looks really dangerous and is having a real crack.
Hunt looks like a passanger.
JDB is going through the motions.
Without Widdop we wouldn't be where we are today on the table.
I don't think that he is a good captain but he is a great player.

Most certainly agree with you on that Crush , Widdop has always been that touch of class that has shined through over some rather bleak seasons of late . As for Hunt , if he can regain his confidence ( and I am sure that is his problem) then he should be able to renew his attacking combination with Widdop that made them so devastating earlier on this season.

For what it is worth Michael Ennius wrote a piece in today’s Telegraph about “ how the Dragons can regain their lost mojo . For mine he was very close to the mark in just what the Dragons problems are at this point in time .

Needless to say that the heavy load of SOO commitments have played their part in our decline on the ladder and also how that some of the forwards appear to be tired . Rest and recuperation- as other clubs have already done for their own rep players , and the Dragons will bounce back .

Como Connection

First Grade
Most certainly agree with you on that Crush , Widdop has always been that touch of class that has shined through over some rather bleak seasons of late . As for Hunt , if he can regain his confidence ( and I am sure that is his problem) then he should be able to renew his attacking combination with Widdop that made them so devastating earlier on this season.

For what it is worth Michael Ennius wrote a piece in today’s Telegraph about “ how the Dragons can regain their lost mojo . For mine he was very close to the mark in just what the Dragons problems are at this point in time .

Needless to say that the heavy load of SOO commitments have played their part in our decline on the ladder and also how that some of the forwards appear to be tired . Rest and recuperation- as other clubs have already done for their own rep players , and the Dragons will bounce back .
I refuse to buy Murdock papers so what was Mick's answer please.
CC

Gareth67

First Grade
I refuse to buy Murdock papers so what was Mick's answer please.
CC

My apologies Como Connection - it was in yesterday’s copy of the Tele. But essentially as I have written in the last paragraph of my post and that is for our SOO to be given time out to recuperate both physically and mentally. By so doing he firmly believes that our forward pack would regain that killer instinct that we had in the earlier phase of the season and ride roughshod over our opponents once again.

St Georgio

Juniors
Wayne Bennett is the greatest coach of all time.
BRONCOS 6 TIMES Premierships.
Media ravaged ST GEORGE DRAGONS 16 premiership Times another 16 premierships= 32.
NEW Zealand world cup champions!
English World Cup Winner!
McGregor under 6 Kiddies world Champ, what a wonderful person!

TruSaint

Referee
You don't have to buy Murdoch's papers. All you have to do is look up Foxsports on your phone, computer or tablet and then go to NRL news. That is what I do. I don't buy any newspapers any more.

Who owns Fox ?
Same thing mate.

Its not about buying the "paper" its about the content.

Como Connection

First Grade
My apologies Como Connection - it was in yesterday’s copy of the Tele. But essentially as I have written in the last paragraph of my post and that is for our SOO to be given time out to recuperate both physically and mentally. By so doing he firmly believes that our forward pack would regain that killer instinct that we had in the earlier phase of the season and ride roughshod over our opponents once again.
Thank you.
CC

ouryears

Bench
I'm not a troll. Just in disbelief the hatred for mary. A coach that has coached a team further then what that team was predicted to finish every year he has coached, not to mention cemented a top 8 spot three rounds ago, its funny the things people come up with just to support there argument that he should be sacked or is a shit coach

The guy can barely string 2 sentences together.

Wears a dumb smile on his face.

Can't figure out how to use the bench.

Has 51% winning record.

That's a loser!

Goodnight dreamer.

ouryears

Bench

Please tell me why other teams with heavy SOO commitments continue to win.

They can, we can't, so it's not true that SOO has affected us.
It's a falacy.

Widdop a shining star?
BS.

Please stop with the excuses and apologies, other top teams can do it, we can't.

Why not?

Gareth67

First Grade
Please tell me why other teams with heavy SOO commitments continue to win.

They can, we can't, so it's not true that SOO has affected us.
It's a falacy.

Widdop a shining star?
BS.

Please stop with the excuses and apologies, other top teams can do it, we can't.

Why not?

Point 1 Other teams continue to win as their coaches HAVE given their own SOO rep. a much needed break from the rigors of the game .

Point 2 As you have noticed- they are indeed winning and the reason for that is in 2 parts - as said in Point 1 plus they have good EXPERIECED young juniors that have filled the breech whilst their reps. are not playing . Our own lack that same amount of top grade game time - it’s called INEXPERIENCE .

Point 3 Widdop is / is not a class player all depends upon one’s own view , but the facts and stats speak for themselves . If not for Gareth Widdops attacking prowess , I am sure that the Dragons would not had scored as many tries as they have , which would equate to games being lost as a result which equates to less competition points . . .

Point 4 I have not made excuses nor apologies (?) for the Dragons performances , merely factors that may had contributed to a win or for that matter a loss .

Summary , ouryears your content of late has taken a turn for the worst , you were at one stage making valuable contributions to this forum , however you now seem hell bent on taking away anything that is good about the St.George Illawarra season thus far and for that matter from the very team that you say you support .

Everyone is entitled to their views / opinions and I have mostly done so in a respectable manner , perhaps it is time for you to do likewise and stop death riding YOUR Dragons .

Last edited:
The hair was a charity thing.
But your right, Widdop has a long history of going missing in tough games.
That's not the man you make captain.
I spoke out sgainst the idea of making Graham captain in his first year at the club, but by god we need someone with his fire and passion leading this team.
Perhaps Tyson, but I'm not sure about his on field talking ability, perhaps JDB?
Someone with fire, not excuses.
I apologize if there was a greater good cause for the hair but do you think he could find another way to support charity?

Look how the Warriors are on the Field, after a try there is a group hug and deep breathing.
I don't think that would be for us but we need someone on the Field to address issues that arise during a game.
After a try is scored against us someone needs to address the players. That would be a captains role. I don't think Widdop is capable of that. We need a captains who has a pair to get up the players behind the goal posts. Graham is one who could do that.
Graham is the obvious choice to be Captain because he actually knows what it means and what is required.
After that, I would seriously consider Sims who has the experience and maturity to take on that role.
I also think he leads by example and is a ferocious competitor.
I reckon the forward pack would run through a brick wall with him if he asked them to.

MilanDragon

Juniors
Graham is the obvious choice to be Captain because he actually knows what it means and what is required.
After that, I would seriously consider Sims who has the experience and maturity to take on that role.
I also think he leads by example and is a ferocious competitor.
I reckon the forward pack would run through a brick wall with him if he asked them to.

Well let’s be honest, Sims would probably smash the wall himself and the rest follow him. Both literally and metaphorically. The same could be said of Graham.

I can understand why Widdop was given the captaincy a couple years ago.. and it’s extremely hard to strip an integral member of your 17 of the captaincy.. so the only option is to introduce a co-captain?

Widdop definitely doesn’t come across as the ‘inspirational’ leader but he might well have the ear and respect of the playing group.. probably Samy would be best to comment on that.

Bench
If we slide any further down the ladder or are out early in the finals then McIdiot has to be sacked.
He got the roster he wanted. So no excuses.