What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Banjo2014

Juniors
What do you think about Darius Boyd's endorsement of JD for the next Bronco First Grade Coach.

Overlooking Kevin Walters again.

Boyd also said that he would remain at the Broncos if Benno leaves.

Fox Sports - McGuire to Manly, Siebolt to Broncos, Brandy stated that Trent will not be at Penriff, Wayne to Dragons leaving McGregor to Coach the Brighton Seagulls.

Dragon Blood

Juniors
Whilst in the car on that MMM show with MG, they had some bloke called Dobbo on who is like the Broncos snitch for MMM and channel nine. He said that there was some sort of BBQ drama involving Bennet hosting the BBQ and only inviting Darius but no other players or officials.

I may have heard it wrong cos I wasn't really paying attention about the BBQ stuff but then he said the situation at the Broncs and Bennet was toxic and next year as coach would be untenable at the Broncos.

He also mentioned a bunch of players with "out" clauses if Bennet was to leave.

Proceeded to say that Doust will leave us with a parting gift with Bennet as Dragons coach next season.

I'm sure there would be a podcast of MGs Wednesday show on the MMM website if anyone is interested.

Last edited:

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
What do you think about Darius Boyd's endorsement of JD for the next Bronco First Grade Coach.

Overlooking Kevin Walters again.

Boyd also said that he would remain at the Broncos if Benno leaves.

Fox Sports - McGuire to Manly, Siebolt to Broncos, Brandy stated that Trent will not be at Penriff, Wayne to Dragons leaving McGregor to Coach the Brighton Seagulls.

Wow, Have Brighton slipped that much, wow!

LINESPEED

Juniors
They did just build a new canteen down at Brighton, maybe Mary could offer to paint it, sweeten the deal.

History will record that the 'mentor' love given to protégés Aitken & Lafai ultimately cost McGregor his stripes - flagellant that he is

The halftime TV images last week told the tale of a lost dressing room - on many levels

Last edited:
History will record that the 'mentor' love given to protégés Aitken & Lafai ultimately cost McGregor his stripes - flagellant that he is

The halftime TV images last week told the tale of a lost dressing room - on many levels
I’m sure the new guys at the club look around that dressing room at players like Lafai, Aitken, Latimore and wonder to themselves “how are you still in this team”

zombiebloodlust

Juniors
DkrWFRxV4AAkyEq.jpg

zombiebloodlust

Juniors
Article in the Herald today. One for the "Funny Cos It's True" files:

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/al...-in-this-latest-shake-up-20180815-p4zxok.html

Paul McGregor
Has a year to run on his Dragons deal, but the pressure is on after yet another late-season fade. There is already speculation about Wayne Bennett returning to the Red V and will need a strong finals campaign to secure his position.

The club is going through an ownership change, further clouding the direction it is heading. Has a strong roster at his disposal, but is given little credit for assembling it after he was cut out of the retention and recruitment loop. Likely to struggle to find a head coaching role elsewhere when he finishes at the Dragons.

Bench
Even if we do go deep into the finals Bennet is the one that can make our team a force in the coming years.
If McIdiot stays next year he will still believe in the power game. I don’t see us being successful in the early rounds like we were this year.
There needs to be a critical look at our current first grade lineup, there needs to be some hard decisions about some of our current first grade squad. We have players that need to be moved on.

Even if we do go deep into the finals Bennet is the one that can make our team a force in the coming years.
If McIdiot stays next year he will still believe in the power game. I don’t see us being successful in the early rounds like we were this year.
There needs to be a critical look at our current first grade lineup, there needs to be some hard decisions about some of our current first grade squad. We have players that need to be moved on.
Yeah we do.
Thank god we got Latimore locked up for an extra year though.

Gareth67

First Grade

I knew that we had been playing badly , but those stats really bring it home , it’s a bluudy shambles . Until the players begin to show some enthusiasm and commitment in their performances they should not be wearing a jersey with the Dragon insignia on it . Replace it with their surnames on both front and back in big bold letters so as all may know just who they are when they make a mistake .

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I knew that we had been playing badly , but those stats really bring it home , it’s a bluudy shambles . Until the players begin to show some enthusiasm and commitment in their performances they should not be wearing a jersey with the Dragon insignia on it . Replace it with their surnames on both front and back in big bold letters so as all may know just who they are when they make a mistake .

GA67,
I wish somebody would present Mary with that table and ask him .....Do you still think your a good coach?

Gareth67

First Grade
GA67,
I wish somebody would present Mary with that table and ask him .....Do you still think your a good coach?

I am sure that penny is indeed beginning to rattle deep inside his grey matter , it has taken some time to get there , but I do believe that even he now realizes he doesn’t have what it takes to get the team back on track . So the real question is why doesn’t he do the honorable thing and resign ?

Who knows. - perhaps he will surprise everyone and do just that at seasons end , a forlorn hope nothing more . I am so disappointed at what has transpired over the last few weeks that I can not even bear to predict the outcome of the Tigers match on Saturday for the simple reason that I already have a good idea of the result .

St Georgio

Juniors
Wake me up when it's a done Deal with Wayne Bennett, there wouldn't be a better opportunity than right now to sign up the super coach, the fire in the belly to finish off his coaching career as a premiership winner over the next couple of years would be his burning desire. It's a must for Peter Doust knowing that he brought multiple premierships to the great St George Red V.

Latest posts