What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

WepnutV

Juniors
Lomax only played charity shield so far...Robson..minimal minutes off the bench...same for the others...

If your a fan of the coach you are entitled to your opinion....In my opnion there are more questions to be answered...anyway lets all enjoy the win...
Wrong.. lomax played three minutes in a nrl match..

BankstownDragon

Juniors
Based on the last 4 1/2 years he hasn't ticked all the boxes....Lets see if he can take us deep into the finals...I'm not convinced...

Agree the only we we can come close to winning this comp is:
A. Referees decide to call near everything in our favour.
B. Teams we meet in finals are devastated by injury or hit rock bottom poor form
C. We hit top form and our predictable Plan A works again (highly unlikely)
D. All three of the above!

Sorry but I've seen more than enough to know that this useless, selfish and STUBBORN coach cant make it happen.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Looks like Mary will defiantly be coach next season after Saturday's results puts Saints in the Finals series which I am sure was his and the club's target. He even has a chance to finish top 4 which is better than what we or the club would have expected.

Seeing Saints were hardly on any of these NRL experts top 8 predictions before the season started that will go in his favour.

If Seibold's rabbits loses next 2 and Mary finishes ahead of the bunnies Mary may even get coach of the year in the Daly M's. Now that will probably get him another extension.

LINESPEED

Juniors
Looks like Mary will defiantly be coach next season after Saturday's results puts Saints in the Finals series which I am sure was his and the club's target. He even has a chance to finish top 4 which is better than what we or the club would have expected.

Seeing Saints were hardly on any of these NRL experts top 8 predictions before the season started that will go in his favour.

If Seibold's rabbits loses next 2 and Mary finishes ahead of the bunnies Mary may even get coach of the year in the Daly M's. Now that will probably get him another extension.

Yeah Slippery, Johnston won't sack his good mate Mary unless there's a player revolt or members' boycott (that's been growing over the years).

There's been a sniff of discontent in the air- and the body language has smacked of disillusionment

I blame McGregor for Benny's loss of form, as 'play what's in front of you' has been the gist of coaching advice - and now, at the 11th hour, under immense pressure he very reluctantly accepts blame for the team FFS.

All the TV commentators bang on about lack of strategic thinking & Plan B (which requires a capacity for abstract thinking that's totally beyond the poor basta*d.
So, player revolt?
That's quite on the cards, as there's only so much stupidity players ( Benny, Graham & Mann, who's been coached by Bellamy, which probably explains Mary's petty disdain for him) can put up with - despite the fact that Mary has gone to great lengths to ensure loyalty via selection consistency with out of form players who politically back him in the media & wherever.

Over time player self respect must kick - and the fans considered?

And yes, Bruce is putting up the money - and money, or loss of it talks - and he must be worried about attendances and the yearly marketing damage Mc Teflon does to the Dragons' brand..
And I know dozens of fans refusing to renew membership until sanity prevails and Mc...is gone - sensible, ordinary people who can see what the club ignores re a chance to take the step up to a coach who can win a Grandfinal.

That's the bottom line in this game

So we'll see how long the self-confessed fraudster ( 'I shouldn't have been appointed?')
lasts - and if Brian baby has learnt something in his 20yr 'absence' (FMD he was rapturous about Mary's extension, so fellas, don't hold your breath!)

Last edited:

Banjo2014

Juniors
Nowhere near a fan of Macgregor's at all.

But he did well on the Fox interview - seems Kentie et all have his back.

Still think that he is not the fit for the Saints.

We were fairly ordinary against Balmain.

See ho we go against the Morris boys and Lewis this weekend.

LINESPEED

Juniors
Nowhere near a fan of Macgregor's at all.

But he did well on the Fox interview - seems Kentie et all have his back.

Still think that he is not the fit for the Saints.

We were fairly ordinary against Balmain.

See ho we go against the Morris boys and Lewis this weekend.

Yeah McLatken's future, & our sanity, probably now rests with the outcome of the White/Bennett meltdown, BJ's capacity to absorb/deflect the white noise directed at his man (now that he's in the CEO hot seat), the willingness of the Gordon investment to settle for mediocrity and now cringeworthy annual brand damage - and whether Bennett's missus wants to come to Sydney to escape a toxic Brisbane

Last edited:
Yeah McLatken's future, & our sanity, probably now rests with the outcome of the White/Bennett meltdown, BJ's capacity to absorb/deflect the white noise directed at his man (now that he's in the CEO hot seat), the willingness of the Gordon investment to settle for mediocrity and yearly brand damage - and whether Bennett's missus wants to come to Sydney to escape a toxic Brisbane
Which one of Bennett’s missus’s?

Just saw this thread still chugging along up the top of page 1.
Made me think, what would it take to make it disappear?
Premiership?
I reckon the staunch wouldn't see that as enough.
I can see it now "yeah he has won one now but what about those 4 years leading up to it? Sack McGregor!"
Oh no, I’d lay off the thread for at least a month, I’d have have too, I’d still be drunk.
But seriously, if he won a premiership I’d be happy to see him given an extension, month to month though.:D

Latest posts