What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
A question regarding Cleary: perhaps Cleary rejected the Dragons (as with most elite players the Club has approached recently), and this forced today's 'announcement'?

Before now, I hoped the dark years of 1986-'91 would never be repeated.

Contemporary times are far worse than that 'era'.

Doust's insouciance is killing the seminaĺ Dragons' name.

Tuddy

Juniors
Unbelievable. Add our voices to the hundreds that have already done so on Facebook and the St George Illawarra Dragons are going to have a very difficult time next year. I'm like everyone else, simply astounded that this has been the result of their so called 'review'.

The opportunity cost of this ridiculous decision will be immense and it just makes me so sad. I hope Doust and the board enjoy cashing their pay cheques next year knowing full well that it is adding to an already huge deficit that they helped create.

thebigredv

First Grade
If the cutters do well next year, the club cannot ignore JD as coach for FG
I agree JD is an improvement on Mary. So is a dead fish. But come one, it's reserve grade. Surely a club like the Dragons can once again land a proven first grade coach. JD may end up being an excellent FG coach, soon even but we need to get away from boys club mentality.

Having said that I will take him in a heart beat if it means no McGregor for one more day.

I agree JD is an improvement on Mary. So is a dead fish. But come one, it's reserve grade. Surely a club like the Dragons can once again land a proven first grade coach. JD may end up being an excellent FG coach, soon even but we need to get away from boys club mentality.

Having said that I will take him in a heart beat if it means no McGregor for one more day.
Thats it the Dragons are not a great club they haven't been in a very long time that 3 years of bliss was just a mirage in the scope of things.

No coach a good coach that is will come to the Dragons and be undermined by the dinosaurs who run the club.

People need to face the harsh reality the Red V has no pulling power anymore the club is fast becoming a relic of the past.

Bench
Thats it the Dragons are not a great club they haven't been in a very long time that 3 years of bliss was just a mirage in the scope of things.

No coach a good coach that is will come to the Dragons and be undermined by the dinosaurs who run the club.

People need to face the harsh reality the Red V has no pulling power anymore the club is fast becoming a relic of the past.

Hate to say it but agree 100%, it's gonna take years to crawl out of this hole, hope i live to see it

Dea

Juniors
Mary stays as coach but has a team of 4 watching over his action and making suggestions. Isn't that just a nice way of saying he has no idea as a coach and needs people who tell him what to do and hold his hand?

The team has gone backwards under his watch. We have no recruitment strategy and no player of value is interested in coming to the club and playing under him. There is nothing to indicate our performance will improve in 2017.

We don't need a committee, we need a coach!

Coffs dragon

Bench
Little brother, the Sharks are flying high under new management/board & their support base has increases dramatically. The flow on affect in revenue from the GF appearance will set them up as a powerful force into the future.
Our mob is the complete opposite in every way and we are suppose to be Big Brother. The only similarity we have being Big Brother is soon we'll be evicted from the NRL house like Newtown and Norths for gross incompetence. It's time to go Dragons!!!!

hewi

Bench
Mary stays as coach but has a team of 4 watching over his action and making suggestions. Isn't that just a nice way of saying he has no idea as a coach and needs people who tell him what to do and hold his hand?

The team has gone backwards under his watch. We have no recruitment strategy and no player of value is interested in coming to the club and playing under him. There is nothing to indicate our performance will improve in 2017.

We don't need a committee, we need a coach!

What really worries me would be say a start next year of say 5 wins in 8 of the first rounds and they give him a contract extension or we finish 7th or 8th and they extend him. The reality is quiet clear to see IMO and all and sundry here and that is Mary is hopeless. The board have now rolled the dice , by backing this clown if 2017 is a failure then they and Doust should go also. They have bet the house on him.

BennyV

Referee
What really worries me would be say a start next year of say 5 wins in 8 of the first rounds and they give him a contract extension or we finish 7th or 8th and they extend him. The reality is quiet clear to see IMO and all and sundry here and that is Mary is hopeless. The board have now rolled the dice , by backing this clown if 2017 is a failure then they and Doust should go also. They have bet the house on him.
We will not finish 7th or 8th. Consider that Roosters and Souths won't have another poor year like they did this year; both finished the year strong, would have a kick up the ass and will head back to the top of the table. Warriors were shaken up, will get RTS back and are likely to stay around the edge of the 8, if not higher. Tigpies young guns are a year older, and with Farah off their backs they will improve. Titans, Panthers both on the up.

We might sneak out of the bottom 4 if a few other teams really tank, and if the signings of McDonald and McInnes really excel. Otherwise, we will fight it out for the spoon.

dragonreddy

Juniors
We will not finish 7th or 8th. Consider that Roosters and Souths won't have another poor year like they did this year; both finished the year strong, would have a kick up the ass and will head back to the top of the table. Warriors were shaken up, will get RTS back and are likely to stay around the edge of the 8, if not higher. Tigpies young guns are a year older, and with Farah off their backs they will improve. Titans, Panthers both on the up.

We might sneak out of the bottom 4 if a few other teams really tank, and if the signings of McDonald and McInnes really excel. Otherwise, we will fight it out for the spoon.

We may be offering Brownie at Newcastle some hope of avoiding the spoon ,Ironic really !!

St Georgio

Juniors
I am extremely embarrassed to be following this team, I will not attend any games, I won't be buying anything relating to them as long as the status quo continues as is, this mob are totally arrogant, unfortunately we can't vote them out because I can assure like the premier of NSW Mike Baird they absolutely stink!

Forster Dragon

Juniors
Get over it and move on.We did win a premiership in 2010.You cannot win every year and all clubs will have lean years.The Sharks have had years of crap and will have more in the future.I will be back next year and will always support my team irreective of a few bad years.

hazzbeen

Bench
Get over it and move on.We did win a premiership in 2010.You cannot win every year and all clubs will have lean years.The Sharks have had years of crap and will have more in the future.I will be back next year and will always support my team irreective of a few bad years.
Good for you but a few more years of the same and you and I wont be supporting this once great club , they will be gone ......

1st & 10

Juniors
Red V 2017, not for me

This hurts , but none of my mates and family are renewing . Used to love watching the red v at Kogarah

Doust is nothing more than a struggling politician . His dad was a legend and I'm sure would be hurting if he knew what has happened to his life work

Ps - hate Melbourne , but please smack the bottom of the pretender peptide Sharks . The thought of Rothfield gloating makes me cringe .

dragonreddy

Juniors

Define a few bad years ?

1st & 10

Juniors
If the cutters do well next year, the club cannot ignore JD as coach for FG

No . No more rookie coaches . I grew up with Jason and played juniors with him, great bloke (great parties). Jason would be an upgrade over uncle fester, but not another rookie

But , haven't we learnt anything via Brown, price and McGregor ?