What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

emu62

Juniors
One thing that does make me wonder about McGregors mindset.

He's supposedly got this paint business, but if you're a successful first grade coach then who needs a paint business. He has one foot in each camp which makes me think he believes he'll never be a lifetime coach or the paint business is the outside influence he refers to when reading from his book of excuses.

Doust should join Mary in the paint business, as they have both done a wonderful job of
painting this club into a corner, currently of which there is no escape

TheOnlyTeam

Juniors
It seems from the news today that our reserve grade coach is more in demand than our first grade coach. Geez this is a depressing thread, and a dark time for the club.

On another note, to me, its the little things that speak volumes about how much a club is determined to improve upon past performance. Read an article this morning outlining when all teams returned to training. For a lot of teams (minus rep players), 1st week November was back to training. Not the Dragons though - we're 2nd week November. After the worst Dragon's season I've seen since the late 80's, you'd think they'd be champing at the bit to get back into things and prepare for the new season.
Ah, Mc Gregor, such an inspiring leader.
Paint has to dry in the sheds.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Paint industry explains a lot!! Like the Berger paints slogan "keeps on keeping on" Doust and Board have applied the same to Mary's coaching career.
And know wonder Mary's an expert at covering the cracks.

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
Wow yeah. Someone trying to stay positive. Terrible.
I'm a positive person and love life but the reason I am like that is i make sure I surround myself with winners and people who care, who don't blame others and work hard and have high values of integrity. These people are men and women with courage.

Sorry but our Board and McGreedy care for just one things - themselves.

Every year this forum starts with "squad is staring to look good".

I'm tired of failure. The facts are:

We have no notable experienced and talented spine that other clubs want.
We have a coach that has no idea and makes bumbling idiotic excuses for his own failures.
We let our talented juniors leave.
We sign the fish John west and all others reject.
We have a 4 man committee for gods sake.
We have a fool for a CEO.
We have a nepotistic Board that is in-bred.

Wake up the roses have no smell.

TheOnlyTeam

Juniors
Just a question. If we are successful next season and Mary gets an extension are we happy? We will not know what input the committee or JD had into this success so we have to keep paying them all? Strange situation. Seems like the board are doing what they can to keep Mary in a HC job.

dragonreddy

Juniors
I'm pretty sure McGregor came out and said he isn't a career coach,so with little hope of him going further next year will be one of him going through the motions to pick up his pay cheque.

The fact that he made so many excuses all year shows he isn't willing to face the truth and change his extremely poor coaching methods,I said it when he was appointed he has nothing to fall back on when times get tough because he has no experience ,and judging by this year he isn't bright enough to adapt on the run ,we got worse as the year wore on .

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
Chicago Cubs just made the Baseball World Series today - it has been 71 years of waiting. Their last appearance was in 1945 when they were given the "curse of the billy goat" by a disgruntled fan.

Let's pray hard people and let us hope that McGreedy doesn't coach us for much longer or we will be waiting 71 years to lift his curse.

Let's call dragons current curse the "Curse of the bumbling idiot".

Lethal25

Juniors
I am worried about all of this he's got 6 to 8 weeks chat.

What if we draw Newcastle twice in the first two months and the Tigers have a virus sweep through their camp like last season!

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
You guys should jump in the excited for 2017 thread.

Some of the quotes sound like McGreedy (looks like some fans are swallowing the bait):

"I see 2017 as a launch for 2018 (never heard that in years gone past)

"The squad is looking really good" (lol at our spine - really making the top clubs shake).

When are people going to realize how screwed we are - how is 2017 a rebuilding year when McGreedy is coach and why we don't have an established 7 is because we have a sh@t coach and what about letting bird go.....geez

grouch

First Grade
Wow yeah. Someone trying to stay positive. Terrible.
561838_v1.jpg

Sheridan Stand

Juniors

Great post.

Look at history. Do people think the French Revolution or Roman Empire collapse happened because the people stayed positive toward corruption.

Those revolutions happened because the people were courageous and stood up to the corruption and they fought for what was right.