What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Steve Smith

Crush

Coach
Pack your bags Smith, Warner and Bancroft. Go home you cheating pricks!
Smith is a crap leader. He can bat but that is where it ends.
Warner is a walking headine. He is the Todd Carney of cricket. He's Jarrod Hayne.
Bancroft said he was in the wrong place at the wrong time! Get stuffed, nobody made you cheat you f##k.
We will be called cheats everywhere we go now. In India, in England, imagine the crap they will dish out.
Embarrassed to be an Australian.
Sack Smith!!!

ouryears

Bench
Never liked the little FU##ER
Examples include our top and middle order regularly fail and Smith says the bowlers need to play better.

He ain't a leader, he is a wanker.
Now it's proven

Brutalitops

Juniors
I feel for Bancroft. He absolutely deserves punishment but I don't believe for a second any of it was orchestrated by him. Tough to be the new kid and be asked by your leadership group who you've watched play for years to cheat.

And we all know the implications of if he doesn't go along with it. This isn't team foreign to blacklisting players seemingly for no reason (Maxwell).

Coach has got to go, Smith needs a ban and lengthy strip of captaincy, Bancroft heavy fine and possibly miss a test or two

Gareth67

First Grade
What a sad day for Australian Cricket , bloody sad !
Agree with each of the above posts , in particular Red V for Life comments . Regardless of what sport our countrymen and women participate in - we play hard , but fair .
Their combined actions have given the ' baggy green ' a black eye that will be with Australian Cricket forever - shameful actions , unforgivable .

ouryears

Bench
Agree with each of the above posts , in particular Red V for Life comments . Regardless of what sport our countrymen and women participate in - we play hard , but fair .
Their combined actions have given the ' baggy green ' a black eye that will be with Australian Cricket forever - shameful actions , unforgivable .
Yes Gareth, spot on.
Can't believe Smith seems to think this was just an error in judgement and he says 'we will move on from this'.
He has no idea this is a career ending cheating act.
Dumb as shit to think 30 cameras would not pick it up.
Heads have to roll.
Today.

Last edited:

SEAT 1A

Bench
I feel for Bancroft. He absolutely deserves punishment but I don't believe for a second any of it was orchestrated by him. Tough to be the new kid and be asked by your leadership group who you've watched play for years to cheat.

And we all know the implications of if he doesn't go along with it. This isn't team foreign to blacklisting players seemingly for no reason (Maxwell).

Coach has got to go, Smith needs a ban and lengthy strip of captaincy, Bancroft heavy fine and possibly miss a test or two

Agree to a point re Bancroft Brutaltops.

I'd they tell them to get stuffed and not be part of a cheating team however, I'm not a professional test player and be happy to play for my state and T20's.

He shouldn't be in that position in the first place. Smith and Warner can't lead the team and the coach has to go if the player feels it's an acceptable action.

After a great win in the first test, the tour has turned to sh**, no leadership, SA has made us look like children who has spat the dummy.

ouryears

Bench
Agree to a point re Bancroft Brutaltops.

I'd they tell them to get stuffed and not be part of a cheating team however, I'm not a professional test player and be happy to play for my state and T20's.

He shouldn't be in that position in the first place. Smith and Warner can't lead the team and the coach has to go if the player feels it's an acceptable action.

After a great win in the first test, the tour has turned to sh**, no leadership, SA has made us look like children who has spat the dummy.
Agree, and it shows Smith is out of his depth tactically.
The Aussie cricket team is iconic, the whole of Australia love them.
And now that's all gone.
F##k Smith.

He whinged about being brushed by the bowler who got him out, he whinged about SA players sledging Warner about his missus, he tried to get the stump mikes turned off before the series as the Aussies went there determined to sledge.

He got the shits when SA media said no, the mikes stay on.

Michael Clarke has just said the whole team arrived angry, tired and shitty. Clarke says it's unfathomable.

He said the fact they planned it in the dressing room makes it much worse than one player deciding to do it on the field.

Smith, on ya bike son.

Last edited:

Crush

Coach
Unforgivable is exactly right Gareth.
It should be dealt with extremely harshly. I would rather remove the whole senoir group responsible and lose our test ranking than support a bunch of deceitful cheats.

SEAT 1A

Bench
Agree, and it shows Smith is out of his depth tactically.
The Aussie cricket team is iconic, the whole of Australia love them.
And now that's all gone.
F##k Smith.

True ouryears and as a leader. Waugh, Tubby, Ponting and even Clark would have used Warners sledge as distasteful as it was to bring the team together, instead the teams seems to have gone to water.

SEAT 1A

Bench
Unforgivable is exactly right Gareth.
It should be dealt with extremely harshly. I would rather remove the whole senoir group responsible and lose our test ranking than support a bunch of deceitful cheats.

Put it down to the coach Crush. He seems to believe it's ok to cheat as it's test cricket.

CA needs to act. Sack the coach, Smith and Warner. A clear message that Australian cricket teams don't cheat.

Old Timer

Coach
It's a wonder they didn't say
"Well what did you expect us to do, because the only way we used to win was by sledging and playing mind games and people didn't like that so we needed to do something else to try and get a win and playing fairly wasn't going to cut it"

Bench
I remember once it was said that the Australian captain was always more popular then our Prime Minister.
Smith should be sacked as captain and should be sent home immediately and a life time ban from any cricket in Australia.
I don’t blame the bowler but he should be suspended for the rest of the season.

Old Timer

Coach
If the leadership group and Bancroft are the only one's involved then there punishment has to be far greater / harsher than the punishment the team suffer which IMO is the abandonment of the series.
If the entire team new then all need to suffer the same harsh punishment.
All it would have taken was for 1 player to say f**k you I'm not going out there and being part of a cheating culture and maybe it doesn't happen.
'The argument that the whistle blowers career would be over doesn't cut it either as if he was honest and straightforward the general public would IMHO get behind him.
If the sponsors are fair dinkum their should be immense pressure to immediately force change.

Gareth67

First Grade
It's the workers in the team that I feel sorry for , players such as Nathan Lyon who use skill to claim his wickets with , not speed but sheer skill to get the ball to spin . I will not believe that he was involved, I sincerely hope not . But as others have said they deserved to be sacked for their actions .

As regardless of what year one may have been born we have all played our cricket as kids , whether it be in the paddocks of the country or the streets of the city we each had a hero we looked up to . To me for Steve Smith not to take full responsibility for his actions is just so undeserving of an Australian captain and to compound the error (?) he chose to share the blame around . I wonder what the other conspirators thought when he said " the senior playing group " ?

Get them back to the hotel , ask them point blank who was involved , step forward , hand them their plane ticket home and send the replacements who would be young players with potential and be proud to wear the Kamgaroo and Emu cap .

Latest posts