What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Steve Smith

Frank Facer

First Grade
Your lack of knowledge on the subject is truly breathtaking.
Warner contacted Channel 9 and told them the team including the bowlers were involved and had knowledge of the incident.
Thus the reason Starc would like to punch Warner's head right of its shoulders.
Re Smith I was a huge fan and I was somewhat gobsmacked by his admission.
I do support him making it back into test ranks but fully believe he needs to serve the punishment.
If you believe leadership group is just C & VC you again show your ignorance of the facts.
Your assertion that this has something to do with racism against successful blonde people is the most absurd and stupid argument posted on this thread.
Re me having a flaw in race related or tall poppy matters you are very sadly mistaken but then again your posts clearly demonstrate that.
Do you really believe that the bowlers didn't know what was going on? lol I don't. lol Smith, Warner and Bancroff are the fall guys.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Smith, Warner and Bancroft have all copped their penalty and are not appealing. They know deep down that this was not some trivial piece of gamesmanship, and the penalties though harsh were in the end deserving. If they can cop it then so should the rest of us.
I think deep down, Smith, Warner and Bancroft feel very hard done by. I think deep down they also feel very let down by the Australian media and Australian public. The ICC handed down their penalty which was fair in regards to previous instances. In other instances when the ICC handed down their penalty, that was the end of it. The ACB is a disgrace and so are those who called for Smith, Warner and Bancroft to be suspended for 1 year or 2 years or life.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
They have accepted it as we would if we got 12 months in Bali at the risk of getting 10 yrs if we appealed

Surely you have your eyes more awake than that mate,no....yes?
Smith certainly convinced me he felt the penalty was warranted. And how do you know any different to what they actually said? Are you Steve Smith? Wow a dragons fan too.

Drag Queen

Bench
Smith certainly convinced me he felt the penalty was warranted. And how do you know any different to what they actually said? Are you Steve Smith? Wow a dragons fan too.
Don't even go there. I'm pretty sure he/she has claimed that he should be their manager. Hmmm

Old Timer

Coach
Do you really believe that the bowlers didn't know what was going on? lol I don't. lol Smith, Warner and Bancroff are the fall guys.
Entitled to your opinion, however as I said earlier I am never much 1 for rumours but the info I get which to date has been 100% correct says otherwise.
Plenty of good judges of character wanted Warner gone 3 years ago however they were over ruled.

ouryears

Bench
Entitled to your opinion, however as I said earlier I am never much 1 for rumours but the info I get which to date has been 100% correct says otherwise.
Plenty of good judges of character wanted Warner gone 3 years ago however they were over ruled.
Gone for what reason?
Geezuz

ouryears

Bench
Smith did not say the year was fair, you just make stuff up. He said he will not fight it and accepts it.

I accept we lost the 1999 GF but it
wasn’t fair!

Understand the difference?

ouryears

Bench
Don't even go there. I'm pretty sure he/she has claimed that he should be their manager. Hmmm
Pretty weird that as an Australian you want our players penalised 50 times more harsh than non Australia players.

Why is that?

Like I said previously, it’s either tall poppy syndrome, old and cranky, racism, or just plain dumb

Frank Facer

First Grade
Pretty weird that as an Australian you want our players penalised 50 times more harsh than non Australia players.

Why is that?

Like I said previously, it’s either tall poppy syndrome, old and cranky, racism, or just plain dumb
I would like that comment twice if I could. lol

Lovemedragons

Juniors

Why is that?

Wow I would sure hope it's none of these but perhaps the old and cranky fits best. I just felt really hurt and sad on the day this came out, it was like something I held sacrilege, the integrity of the baggy green cap, had been soiled by the need to win at all costs. Yes others have done it but I don't care about them, they don't make me feel hurt and sad. The only way it could be dealt with so that we Australians could salvage some pride was to be dealt with hard, to show the world we as Australians do not accept anything but hard and fair play under the baggy green.

Frank Facer

First Grade
https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricke...c/news-story/cc29c425ff9cc9b3a02c1cedcd5d5c3d

Above is a story and video from Foxsports with Andrew Flintoff talking about the Australian ball tampering fiasco and saying that England players shouldn't be throwing stones if they live in glass houses. He also said that the punishment was too harsh. He also said that he could not believe that the bowlers didn't know what was happening with the ball, just I have said on numerous occasions. For all of those who think that Smith, Warner and Bancroff should have received the bans that they did, then you must think that the whole of the Australian team should be banned for as long as Smith, Warner and Bancroff were. If anything Smith, Warner and Bancroff have taken bullets for the rest of the team. They didn't throw the rest of the team under the bus.

Old Timer

Coach
Moses Henriques must be the dumbest cricketer in Australia.
What a load of shit he has come out with trying to support Warner.
I thought playing NRL was the domain of the dumb comments Henriques should try out because he would sure fit in by the look of it.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Moses Henriques must be the dumbest cricketer in Australia.
What a load of shit he has come out with trying to support Warner.
I thought playing NRL was the domain of the dumb comments Henriques should try out because he would sure fit in by the look of it.
What do you have to say about Freddy Flintoff's comments that the rest of the Australian team including the bowlers knew what was going on with the ball? What do you have to say about Flintoff saying that the penalties were too harsh?

Henriques also came out in support of Smith too.

I can't believe we are still going with this shit, however....

"Some of them are in glass houses: don't be chucking your stones lads. We've done a few things which aren't particularly in the rules - not as bad as that - and it changes"
Andrew Flintoff.

"Not as bad as that"
Not discussing, planning, bringing sandpaper onto the field.

Now I'm done with this topic.

ALSGI

Bench
Multi Millionaire cricketers (even Bancroft will be there one day) get punished for ball tampering.

Does anybody think Trump and his Nato muppets will start a World War in the next few weeks?