What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saints vs Wests Tigers at Oki Jubilee Stadium

R2K

Bench
Saints vs Wests Tigers at Oki Jubilee Stadium

http://www.r2k.info

The NRL have confirmed that the St.George Bank Dragons will play the Wests Tigers at Kogarah on Sunday, June the 20th. Kick-off has been scheduled for 3:00pm, as it’s the Channel Nine game. The round 15 match follows the second State Of Origin, but hopefully the Dragons’ representative players will be available for this all-important game.

The last time that Wests played at Kogarah was in 1998. St.George defeated Wests by 36-18 and the match was significant as it was Anthony Mundine’s official return to St.George after his stint with the Brisbane Broncos.

The last time the Tigers played at Kogarah was also in 1998. The 1998 clash saw St.George record their ninth consecutive victory, defeating the Tigers by 28-2 in front of a Saturday afternoon crowd of 14,002. The commanding St.George victory capped off a great period for the most famous club in the game.

In the week leading up to the Balmain match, St.George had been recognised as the greatest club in rugby league after David Middleton uncovered that St.George had surpassed South Sydney by recording the most victories of all time. St.George had just notched their 907th victory, which placed them ahead of South Sydney on 905 and the Roosters on 864, despite the 13 years’ head start that these Clubs had on St.George.

The 1998 match against the Tigers will also be remembered because it finished in slightly dark conditions after the NRL’s decision that Saturday afternoon matches should commence at 3:30. Recollections of this match emphasise why it’s important for the St.George-Illawarra management to make the installation of permanent lighting at Kogarah a number one priority going forward. If Kogarah is to maintain its competitiveness with other sporting venues, permanent lights must be installed sooner rather than later.

The Wests Tigers are also in the process of attempting to upgrade Leichhardt Oval. A group of Wests Tigers supporters have started a similar campaign to that of R2K to help attract funding for one of the great suburban grounds. The supporters have launched ‘Stop The Rot’ which has attracted the support of the Balmain Football Club and the Wests Tigers. If you enjoy watching the Dragons clash with the Tigers at Leichhardt, R2K encourages you to visit the ‘Stop The Rot’ website and complete the online petition to save Leichhardt Oval. The petition is available at:

http://www.stoptherot.org

Southernsaint

Staff member
Round One and our last "home" game feels like a lifetime ago!!

Also, if anyone hasn't already, please try & find the time to visit the Tigers fans' stoptherot.org website - a worthy cause. Many of us know how they feel.

Cheers,
Ben S.

R2K

Bench
They're doing a great job Southernsaint! It must help them a lot to have the support of Balmain and the Wests Tigers. That's one battle they won't need to fight.

Anyway, let's hope we smash them in round 15 if we happen to have any players left!

Anonymous

Juniors
Brilliant! I can't wait. Been waiting for a Tigers vs Dragons match at Kogarah since 1998. My first footy Memory was Balmain vs the Dragons at Kogarah. I was so desperate to go back I went and watched you play the cowboys last year!

So should be good.

Anonymous

Juniors
I'll be there Ben... I'll catch you at the Taj. Be sure to get R2K to buy the drinks. :D

...and we'll be looking out for you as well Chookie.

Sticks

Juniors
Willow said:
I'll be there Ben... I'll catch you at the Taj. Be sure to get R2K to buy the drinks. :D

I'll be making the 4hr trip from Molong. It would be unSainting if I didn't :D .

Sticks

Anonymous

Juniors
Sticks said:
Willow said:

I'll be making the 4hr trip from Molong. It would be unSainting if I didn't :D .

Sticks
I'm traveling a fair distance myself Sticks. We should make a point of meeting in the Premiers Lounge.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Willow said:
Sticks said:
Willow said:

Sticks
I'm traveling a fair distance myself Sticks. We should make a point of meeting in the Premiers Lounge.

Rex will be stoked to hear that!!

Cheers,
Ben S.

Biglance

Bench
ill be on the silver seats right on halfway

get there at 12 and u have the entire hill section to choose from lol

Southernsaint

Staff member
That reminds me, I am yet to renew my Leagues Club membership for 2004. Not that I use it much, I'm more of a Royal Hotel man, myself...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Anonymous

Juniors
Just bumping this up guys. A few of us will lingering in Premiers lounge bar and /or Bistro from 10am. First shout is mine. :D

Sticks

Juniors
I'm hoping to get there at noon, the 4hr trip tends to eat into my drinking time :( .
I'll be in my PROVAN 9 throwback jersey, hope to have an ale with a few of you.

Go Saints :D .

Sticks

super_coach

First Grade
The ground will be full--and the skull will be up the tree.Should be a great game--from a tigers point of view should tell us where we are at--to beat the dragons at kograh is a real test-history tells us--it dosnt happen to many times--i rate the dragons-good side from 1 to 17--just hope withers has a brain explosion.We have come a long way since our last touch up--just great to see old rivals clash--should be a close one--heart says tigers-wallet says dragon

Latest posts