What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sam Mac on the comeback trail

This sounds best.

RCG, Leota, Fish, Tamou, Rookie??

We can definitely survive on that without too much issues.

I’d say we’d still be looking to being someone before June 30. Another injury and we’d be stuffed.

Unless Browne can comeback sooner rather than later. But a ruptured bowel sounds pretty serious.

franklin2323

Immortal
This sounds best.

RCG, Leota, Fish, Tamou, Rookie??

We can definitely survive on that without too much issues.

When the NSW Cup highlights come up. Check out the pass Ellis gives for our 1st try.

When May is back he can play lock and we can move Merrin. Browne will be back but being a season injury we can sign anyone we want to cover

OldPanther

Coach
I’d say we’d still be looking to being someone before June 30. Another injury and we’d be stuffed.

Unless Browne can comeback sooner rather than later. But a ruptured bowel sounds pretty serious.

When the NSW Cup highlights come up. Check out the pass Ellis gives for our 1st try.

When May is back he can play lock and we can move Merrin. Browne will be back but being a season injury we can sign anyone we want to cover

The main thing will be how the cap works with this. Do we get to fill the spot with Sam out?

I'll check it out.

After watching Matty Johns show I really doubt Cleary stays.

franklin2323

Immortal
The main thing will be how the cap works with this. Do we get to fill the spot with Sam out?

I'll check it out.

Cleary said nothing he hasn't before on it.

We have Bryce's money still. A mid season release would leave us paying very little of the deal

I'll check it out.

If Mckendry medically retires we’ll get all of this salary off the cap (that is all that’s on the cap, because he has a long service cap reduction)

Copperhead

Juniors
This is terrible news, really feel for Sam.

Our front row stocks have been well and truly thinned, Latu, Browne and now Sam. Unconvinced JFH is the answer, but at least it clears him out of CHN and Kikau's way in the 2nd row. Ellis looks good in reserves. Perhaps look at Patrick Sipley or Francis Molo.

tripster

Juniors
Devastating. No one deserves to have something like that happen to them. I can’t add anything to what everyone above me has already said.

franklin2323

Immortal
This is terrible news, really feel for Sam.

Our front row stocks have been well and truly thinned, Latu, Browne and now Sam. Unconvinced JFH is the answer, but at least it clears him out of CHN and Kikau's way in the 2nd row. Ellis looks good in reserves. Perhaps look at Patrick Sipley or Francis Molo.

In a few weeks forwards in the lower grades will be seeking a release. Atleast we can offer a contract for the rest of this season

tripster

Juniors
I don’t think we will rush to sign anyone.

I could well be wrong, but I expect Browne will be back in action relatively quickly. I think 6 weeks is realistic.

As I posted in an earlier thread:

The rupture itself isn't really the issue, it is when the contents of the bowel end up in your abdominal cavity (i.e your abdominal cavity gets full of shit), then you can rapidly develop blood poisoning.

Given how quickly it was discovered and how quickly he was operated on, and given we are talking about a rupture from a tackle (and not something like a gunshot wound or a stabbing where it might also be necessary to remove some of the bowel), recovery should be pretty quick.

It probably mostly depends on how much they had to cut his abdomen open to find it, or whether they were able to do it with keyhole surgery.

franklin2323

Immortal

I could well be wrong, but I expect Browne will be back in action relatively quickly. I think 6 weeks is realistic.

I am thinking round 8-10 for Browne. Leota straight swap for McKendry. Still can move JFH or Merrin while we debut a few guys. May can play Backrow too if we do the above.

It is hard we don't have a spot in top team. Chances are we won't resign them so it will be hard to get someone in

Copperhead

Juniors

6 - 8 weeks might be a realistic time for an average Joe to be up and about, but not ready to play NRL.

tripster

Juniors
6 - 8 weeks might be a realistic time for an average Joe to be up and about, but not ready to play NRL.

Yes, I could well be wrong with my prediction. However the bowel itself will heal very rapidly. The bigger risk is the abdominal stitching (and that depends on the extent to which they had to cut him open.

age.s

First Grade
Awful news for Sam :(

As much as I don't rate him, this is why picking up a guy like Eastwood for peanuts would have been a good idea.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
Yes, I could well be wrong with my prediction. However the bowel itself will heal very rapidly. The bigger risk is the abdominal stitching (and that depends on the extent to which they had to cut him open.
Also a very high rate of infection with these injuries as well.

franklin2323

Immortal
Awful news for Sam :(

As much as I don't rate him, this is why picking up a guy like Eastwood for peanuts would have been a good idea.

Would Eastwood come though? Ellis means we have no rush. He was MOTM in the GF, The NSW/QLD Cup championship game and MOTM last week.

So Leota is next then Ellis... Then a newbie would fall in there assuming Browne isn't back

GongPanther

Referee
Don't know Tim Grant's situation at Wests Tigers. But if we have to go cap in hand,we might have to ask for his return.

Latest posts