What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sam Mac on the comeback trail

Bob

Juniors
Would Eastwood come though? Ellis means we have no rush. He was MOTM in the GF, The NSW/QLD Cup championship game and MOTM last week.

So Leota is next then Ellis... Then a newbie would fall in there assuming Browne isn't back
Ellis, Nick Lui TOSO and Ollie Clark

That’s bad news for him. He’s definitely one of the nice guys but hasn’t had luck at all. Makes me think of Colin Van Devoort. Good player but just couldn’t stay on the field.
Hope it works out for you guys.

The Dutchman one my favourite players growing up. He did his knee a few times and I think he snapped his Achilles in 93? Shame he had the talent.
Poor bugger never got a good run with injuries.

This sucks for Sam.
I wish him well with his recovery and what ever he does in the future.
On a side note we are now short on props.
With Latu gone, McKendry & Browne injured all that leaves is Leota off the bench unless fish will move to the middle.
Dogs are offering Tolman to any club. I wonder if we could do a cheap deal?

Tolamn may come cheap this year but he is on big money at the Dogs (by all reports) and will need a bigger deal 2019/20.
Quite a bit of coin for a bench prop with RCG & Tamou ahead of him.

Last edited:
Happy to give any of the kids a shot over Browne if he was fit

I am happy to give the kids ago but the problem might be if RCG gets called up for origin. Even with the new bye schedule he would only miss one game, but he still has to back up the next game (round 14 V Canberra is 2 days after Origin 1. He may back up or at the very least have reduced game time.
I know I am getting ahead of things but it could happen
We will need a prop to play big minutes in his absence. You don't always get young props playing big minutes well.

franklin2323

Immortal
Good thought. He said he would like to come back to Penrith at some point in the future.
Should be reasonable in price if the Tigers are willing to release him, but are his best days behind him?

We don't need his best. We need someone to hold the fort until RCG comes on. He could do what McKendry was

GongPanther

Referee
Good thought. He said he would like to come back to Penrith at some point in the future.
Should be reasonable in price if the Tigers are willing to release him, but are his best days behind him?
Amazing what a hange coming home can do. But realistically,the way the Tigers are going,all it takes is one recall from the reserves,and he is back in a good side. So it's a matter of which side the grass might be greener.