What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Same Players, Different Manager.....

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
Once Madge realises that players have to go and we actually start rebuilding properly things should improve.[/QUOT

Madge should had realized that after 2014 id suggest he has lost the plot fug me its a fuggin mess at souths shit management has gone hand in hand with madge!!!!!FACT...Shadow...

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
SOUTHS NEED A MASSIVE CLEAN OUT STARTING WITH MADGE IT AINT WORKING WE ONLY HAVE 10 REAL1ST GRADE PLAYERS IN OUR 32 MAN 1ST GRADE SQUAD THE REST ARE SHIIIIT FACTAFUGGINMUNDO....Shadow....

1st grade players:
inglis
aj
cody
reyno
3burgi
crichton
musgrove
cook

The rest need sacking ASAP .!......Shadow...

greg jay

Juniors
There is absolutely NO POINT discussing Maguire or the roster when the Hierarchy has NO INTEREST in anything other than maintaining the STATUS QUO. I have seen this many times before in The NRL and NFL. Change MUST begin with making Maguire toast. The new head coach must then cleanse the Roster and keep only those players who show enthusiasm and heart. If not he cuts them pronto. Players such as Clark Talakai Tyrell Farah The Twins Neilsen Turner Sutton Kelly Goodwin et al would be among the first tier of cuts. Players such as Reynolds Inglis and Sam B would be put on notice. Fk... their reputation or what they did years ago. A new coach would do this he HAS to for his own longevity. No point in keeping name players unless the team consistently WINS or at the very least PLAYS WITH INTENSITY.. No point in thus. Start winning games .. or YOU TOO ARE GONE. Crowe LIVES mostly in The US. HE sees how Belichick, Dallas The Falcons and others operate NFL teams. Surely CROWE HIMSELF knows Maguire is Finito here the players no longer have a positive rapport with him. Change MUST BEGIN WITH A NEW HEAD COACH.

greg jay

Juniors
SOUTHS NEED A MASSIVE CLEAN OUT STARTING WITH MADGE IT AINT WORKING WE ONLY HAVE 10 REAL1ST GRADE PLAYERS IN OUR 32 MAN 1ST GRADE SQUAD THE REST ARE SHIIIIT FACTAFUGGINMUNDO....Shadow....

1st grade players:
inglis
aj
cody
reyno
3burgi
crichton
musgrove
cook

The rest need sacking ASAP .!......Shadow...
Hunt and Gray are good strong players. Young too. I keep those two as I can win games with them. Hunt is NOT a winger. Maguire has played him and also Talakai out of position. I blame Maguire 100% for that. Also Jennings and Burns have too small a sample size they are still relatively unexposed as is Fuimaono. I keep them too and start playing Fuimaono in some capacity. I need to SEE if he can play. Jennings has flashed ability BUT he has been playing with Talakai out in the centres. How would YOU fare playing alongside a sluggish Tug Boat who should be a forward??? Not good eh???

greg jay

Juniors
What is wrong with Geoff TOOVEY as Head Coach?? He is PASSIONATE FIERY he has HEART and has served time under Hasler and he got Manly to a GF. He almost won that GF at MANLY verdad??? Toovey could REVIVE Reynolds and George and get Sam AND Inglis playing like winners again. He could, at the very least, bring back some HUNGER and AGGRESSION. Hence the Q/ What is wrong with appointing G. TOOVEY as Head Coach of Smiths Crisps???

Rabbits20

Immortal
My thoughts exactly, a tweak of our style. I think this has been done to some degree, we saw in the early rounds we were throwing the ball around a bit more. However, we have dropped off in this area in recent weeks and even in these early rounds, it still wasn't enough.
Imo it's definitely more than tweaking that has to happen.

Tweaking will not get us to where we need to be.

greg jay

Juniors
Lets not excuse the terrible luck with injuries we've had. Its fair to say we have a better squad this year than we did last year and considering the job they did at the back end of the season, our best team now should be competing for the 8.

No doubt this year is a building year but Its not doom and gloom just yet.

I have faith in both the coaching staff and squad we can build up back to our best. I do think we're a few players short of competing for the title, but I think the coach is fine. Just needs to tweak his style a little bit.
A few more EMBARASSING BELTINGS and you too shall see the Light. Maguire's time as a winning coach ended here a year or so ago. The sooner Maguire is toppled the clearer the necessary structural changes to the playing roster become.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Hunt and Gray are good strong players. Young too. I keep those two as I can win games with them. Hunt is NOT a winger. Maguire has played him and also Talakai out of position. I blame Maguire 100% for that. Also Jennings and Burns have too small a sample size they are still relatively unexposed as is Fuimaono. I keep them too and start playing Fuimaono in some capacity. I need to SEE if he can play. Jennings has flashed ability BUT he has been playing with Talakai out in the centres. How would YOU fare playing alongside a sluggish Tug Boat who should be a forward??? Not good eh???
I think Gray should go. We offered him a deal but he wants more than that and to see how his form goes. We can not pay more to a guy that is injured half the time. Thwhen he comes back from injury it takes him a while to find consistency and then he's injured again. Fug me.

Rabbits20

Immortal
What is wrong with Geoff TOOVEY as Head Coach?? He is PASSIONATE FIERY he has HEART and has served time under Hasler and he got Manly to a GF. He almost won that GF at MANLY verdad??? Toovey could REVIVE Reynolds and George and get Sam AND Inglis playing like winners again. He could, at the very least, bring back some HUNGER and AGGRESSION. Hence the Q/ What is wrong with appointing G. TOOVEY as Head Coach of Smiths Crisps???
I know of quite a few members that wouldn't be happy at all with Toovey.

If anyone thinks Furner is the answer they're dreaming imo.

Robyne Glover

Juniors
Geoff Toovey is coaching Bradford Bulls in UK

greg jay

Juniors
Geoff Toovey is coaching Bradford Bulls in UK
So what?? He was an assistant under Hasler and hen defeated Maguire en rout to qualifying Manly into the GF that they almost won did he not??? Your disdain - along with others here - for any replacement to Maguire will weaken as the BELTINGS PILE UP. Enjoy watching... Because I assure you I WILL NOT BE!!!

greg jay

Juniors
I know of quite a few members that wouldn't be happy at all with Toovey.

If anyone thinks Furner is the answer they're dreaming imo.
Who cares what The Members want??? I Ask this: WHAT IS BEST FOR THE PLAYERS AND THEIR PERFORMANCES??? Do the cherished MEMBERS want to see weeks and weeks of BELTINGS??? Because that is all they will get continuing with Maguire. Its over for him here FINITO. Everybody needs to throw up alternative names NOW because Maguire is FINITO AS A WINNING COACH HERE, Its OVER.

southsport

First Grade
So what?? He was an assistant under Hasler and hen defeated Maguire en rout to qualifying Manly into the GF that they almost won did he not??? Your disdain - along with others here - for any replacement to Maguire will weaken as the BELTINGS PILE UP. Enjoy watching... Because I assure you I WILL NOT BE!!!
Who cares what The Members want??? I Ask this: WHAT IS BEST FOR THE PLAYERS AND THEIR PERFORMANCES??? Do the cherished MEMBERS want to see weeks and weeks of BELTINGS??? Because that is all they will get continuing with Maguire. Its over for him here FINITO. Everybody needs to throw up alternative names NOW because Maguire is FINITO AS A WINNING COACH HERE, Its OVER.

Take some happy pills ffs!!!

alien

Referee
Grumpy_Old_Men_.jpg

Rabbits20

Immortal
The members are a big part of Souths.

I'm sure the club cares what the members want!!!!

Travitoh

First Grade
The new head coach must then cleanse the Roster and keep only those players who show enthusiasm and heart. If not he cuts them pronto. Players such as Clark Talakai Tyrell Farah The Twins Neilsen Turner Sutton Kelly Goodwin et al would be among the first tier of cuts.

A bit contradictive when at least half of those players mentioned have the most enthusiasm and heart at the club!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
A bit contradictive when at least half of those players mentioned have the most enthusiasm and heart at the club!

I think it's a simple matter of not resigning those who people who are off contract at the end of this year. Realistically everyone in the Souths team deserves pay cuts besides walker and Crichton.

greg jay

Juniors
Listen whoever you are. Do YOU enjoy a team that gets Belted and displays no heart or enthusiasm??? If not then come up with a few POLICIES to put the train back on the rails.Sit back and do NOTHING and expect much more of the same. Dont know about you but I know when large scale changes are required. Seen all this several times before. Maguire is FINITO as a winning coach here heck he is not even COMPETITIVE in many games!!! Weak and embarassing. You like that???