What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Samoan team

2011 TOA Samoa UK Tour - Train on Squad

Masada Iosefa - Penrith Panthers
Mark Taufua - Newcastle Knights
Peter Matautia - Newcastle Knights
Evarn Tuimavave - Newcastle Knights
Ben Roberts - Canterbury Bulldogs
Martin Taupau - Canterbury Bulldogs
Frank Pritchard - Canterbury Bulldogs
Eddie Pettybourne - South Sydney
Daniel Vidot - Canberra Raiders
Sam Tagataese - Cronulla Sharks

Matt Wright - Cronulla Sharks

Matt Utai - West Tigers

Tim Simona - West Tigers

really competitive team and should win all their games in the UK, Ireland and France. Didn't Frank Pritchard and Eddy Pettbourne represent NZ last year?? A couple of others I'm expecting to be named, Setaimata Sa, Mose Masoe, Pita Godinet, Tony Puletua, Francis Meli, Sia Soliola, Ali Lauiti'iti, David Fa'alogo, Harrison Hansen, George Carmont, David Solomona, Ben Te'o, Joe Galuvao, Josh McGuire

1.Peter Matautia
2.Daniel Vidot
3.Setaimata Sa
4.George Carmont
5.Matt Utai
6.Ben Roberts
7.Pita Godinet
8.Tony Puletua
9.Masada Iosefa
10.Mose Masoe
11.Ben Te'o
12.Frank Pritchard
13.Sia Soliola

14.Ed Pettybourne
15.Tony Puletua
16.Sam Tagataese
17.Harrison Hansen

Sam_the_man

First Grade
McGuire apparently is trying to get into the Kiwis team. How the hell he qualifies is anyones guess. Te'o wants to play for QLD and Australia despite being a New Zealander.

MountainMan

Juniors
Mcguire apparently has a samoan/new zealand mother (which looking at him who would think it i know)..Te'o is samoan also.
Thats a real good team ,alot of strike power there

hutch

First Grade
This squad would be fine if there was a one nation rule or a long stand down period between switching (and only one switch allowed). As it stands, it is a joke!

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator
This squad would be fine if there was a one nation rule or a long stand down period between switching (and only one switch allowed). As it stands, it is a joke!

Alright, we get it. Posting it in every thread which has a squad isn't going to change the rule or make us get it further.

Can we just talk about the squad and the chances of its success on this tour?

Thanks

billy2

Juniors
A quality coach is the missing ingredient I think.

Samoa has always looked great on paper and shithouse on grass.

Surely a quality coach can get them performing?

A quality coach is the missing ingredient I think.

Samoa has always looked great on paper and shithouse on grass.

Surely a quality coach can get them performing?
With a quality team like that they will not really need a quality coach it depends if they perform or not. I am expecting them to win by at least 20+ in all matches if they can get a full strength team and all the players mentioned turn up.

hutch

First Grade
Alright, we get it. Posting it in every thread which has a squad isn't going to change the rule or make us get it further.

Can we just talk about the squad and the chances of its success on this tour?

Thanks

Why? Im not happy to accept mediocrity!

Hopefully these tours encourage players to stick with Samoa, and the tour gets decent coverage in the actual country of Samoa!

billy2

Juniors
With a quality team like that they will not really need a quality coach it depends if they perform or not. I am expecting them to win by at least 20+ in all matches if they can get a full strength team and all the players mentioned turn up.
They have always had a quality player roster, but they did so badly in the WC that they had to play off for a spot in the Pacific Cup, and promptly got rolled by Cook Islands.
The should be the best of the PI nations, but on results, they are the worst.
David Fairleigh has improved Cook Islands out of sight, and I've seen him at NSW cup matches talking to coaches about Cook Islands players, so he takes his role seriously.
I don't know if Anderson will be the answer for Samoa, but it won't surprize me if they finally kick on with him giving them direction.