What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Samoan team

MountainMan

Juniors
People dont get it...its about MONEY...90% of the islander players (samoa tonga cook islands fiji) can all represent new zealand and vicerversa.but its the fact that new zealdand pay alot of money i think its 10-15k per match maybe more,against the smaller nations who pay nothing,most of the time theres not even training gear.

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
People dont get it...its about MONEY...90% of the islander players (samoa tonga cook islands fiji) can all represent new zealand and vicerversa.but its the fact that new zealdand pay alot of money i think its 10-15k per match maybe more,against the smaller nations who pay nothing,most of the time theres not even training gear.

Haha no way, thats the Aussies that pay that for SOO. Kiwi players in the past have got nothing....NZRL does not have the money..

franklin2323

Immortal
no 4 nations next year. They will be going back to a Tri Nations after the 2013 WC.

That makes no sense. I thought it was 4 years. 2 years the 4th nation Northern and 2 years pacific.

Then the WC and to be discussed after then. The whole plan was to get more meaningful Tests for the smaller countries. No wonder the players don't commit to the smaller nations

hutch

First Grade
Mate they get paid thousands of dollars to play for the kiwis,australia,nsw,qld,england.Thats just common sence.Do u think other wise ?

new zealand have never paid their players lots of moneyh. the nzrl has never had any money. benji marshall was recently quoted as saying that the players dont come out of most international tournaments that much better off, but they love playing for their country!

MountainMan

Juniors
new zealand have never paid their players lots of moneyh. the nzrl has never had any money. benji marshall was recently quoted as saying that the players dont come out of most international tournaments that much better off, but they love playing for their country!
That coming frm benji? A millionare,who earns hundreds of thousands per year....so how is a couple k's gonna matter to him lol? really think about it,its like pocket change.

playdaball

Bench
Strange ... there was always so much talk around with the Warriors that Daniel Anderson could not relate to Polynesians now he is coaching Samoa.

RedVee

First Grade
Can anyone tell me the significance of Toa Samoa for the RL Vs Manu Samoa for the RU ??
Soes one represent a united Samoa/Amercicam Samoa (like Ireland in RU & Rl Vs soccer), or are they team nicknames?

no 4 nations next year. They will be going back to a Tri Nations after the 2013 WC.

Huh? stupid if true.

hitman51

Juniors
Can anyone tell me the significance of Toa Samoa for the RL Vs Manu Samoa for the RU ??
Soes one represent a united Samoa/Amercicam Samoa (like Ireland in RU & Rl Vs soccer), or are they team nicknames

Both teams are named after famous warriors from samoa Toa was a warrior from the island of savaii and manusamoa was a warrior from the island of manua which is in American samoa.

They should just go under one team.

I have seen no evidence that the four nations will be scrapped yet.
It has been talked about going back to a Tri Nations and Great Britain returning to internationals but I am a fan of the current Four Nations setup as it does give a 4th team the opportunity to play with the best. Bringing back the GB team still will do nothing for the international game, the team will still be made up of northerners and robs the European/Pacific nations of having meaningful matches.

hutch

First Grade
It has been talked about going back to a Tri Nations and Great Britain returning to internationals but I am a fan of the current Four Nations setup as it does give a 4th team the opportunity to play with the best. Bringing back the GB team still will do nothing for the international game, the team will still be made up of northerners and robs the European/Pacific nations of having meaningful matches.

The rfl have ruled out great britain coming back. Personally, I think that a lions v kangaroos series every 4 years would be good for the game of they played for the ashes. Alternate between lions tours and kangaroo tours and they would be once in a career type events. Play as the home nations every other years though.

I don't think there have been any serious disussions to revert back to tri nations, not sure where you heard that one!