What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

School boy rugby league

papabear

Juniors
Their needs to be a push to get rugby league played competitvely in between schools and internally in the schools.

IMO using schools and universities to promote rugby league has been ignored for too long and the ignorance has to stop.

thorson1987

Coach
Their needs to be a push to get rugby league played competitvely in between schools and internally in the schools.

IMO using schools and universities to promote rugby league has been ignored for too long and the ignorance has to stop.

It is.

Although not as much as it should be.

byrner

Juniors
It is.

Although not as much as it should be.

The ammount of school friends of mine teach at, which dont have a rugby league team is ridiculous.
Its left up to individual teachers to run the program and when they leave the program stops.

This should be a top priority for the ARLC.
Intra school comps are non existent, but are what I think is key.
Getting RL played as a house sport ( I.e. 4 teams per age/year) will enable the kids who arnt good enough for the inter school comps to get hooked on the sport.

papabear

Juniors
The ammount of school friends of mine teach at, which dont have a rugby league team is ridiculous.
Its left up to individual teachers to run the program and when they leave the program stops.

This should be a top priority for the ARLC.
Intra school comps are non existent, but are what I think is key.
Getting RL played as a house sport
( I.e. 4 teams per age/year) will enable the kids who arnt good enough for the inter school comps to get hooked on the sport.

This is the truth!@!

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
What state/region are you in Byrner? Primary or high schools? Just interested. Around here the primary school comps are left up interested teachers (which isn't a problem, thankfully) but the high schools usually get some kind of support from the Broncos or the QLD Cup team.

iirc one of the components of the NRL's 2013-17 Game Plan was to create and run a new development program for schools. Any of you heard much about it?

Latest posts