What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scoreline prediction - Warriors / Panthers.

Anonymous

Juniors
Thrash, it's not cool to go into an avatar/signature bet and then not fulfill your obligations when you lose.

Totally not cool.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Whats the weather forecast for the game? Both teams prefer a dry track but if it's cool it will play into the warrior's hands. Bring on those cold, biting Ericcson nights!

Sunday afternoon. Lemme think...

Kakihara

Juniors
Worst performance in years.

Several players need to go back to bartercard and some of them should of stayed in bartercard.

Anonymous

Juniors
Disagree. I thought we were quite good on attack. Some errors (Ropati and Latu dropping the ball over the line etc) counted against us. We were bad on defence but so were Penrith- it was a very open game with both teams breaking the line and they took their chances a bit better, as well as getting the rub of the green an unusual number of times.

Meth

Staff member
Last weeks performance v the Dragons was a far worse performance.

There are some positives to be taken from this game.

In my opinion, I thought Sione Faumuina was outstanding. Jerry Seu Seu looked sharp, Guttenbiel played well and Fa'afili was good.

I know Thierry disagrees, but I like Tevita Latu. He should've scored that second try, but he always looked dangerous and his statistics hold up when compared to Prestons.

I could have murdered Toopi in the first half, but he had an excellent second half.

Anonymous

Juniors
I was salivating at the prospect of starting a particularly slanderous thread about Toopi :lol: but he made some good breaks and freak offloads when he came back, so I'm keeping my mouth shut for a week.

I agree that we played worse last week. This week I thought our forwards crossed the advantage line well on attack, and we always looked likely to break the line. Unfortunately, the Panthers looked even more likely. And I don't want to even start on the referee.....but I will :lol: How about the knock-on by Preston Campbell in the build up to their first try, which somehow ended up as a knock-on against us?? And the forward pass from Priddis to Ross resulting in Campbell's try?

Meth

Staff member
The ref had a 'mare, but so did we. We have to get the basics right before we start with the flashy stuff.

We missed a lot of tackles...to me, that is the definative statistic

Meth

Staff member
How's this for a classic comment.

Preston gets over the line, but clearly knocks the ball on, which was easily seen from whatever angle you saw it. For some reason, they go to the third ref. I don't know who it was, but one of the idiot Kiwi commentary team (think it was halligan) said 'don't worry about checking the grounding...it's a try)'.

Thankfully, the video ref did check the grounding and confirmed what everyone else saw.

What is that idiot on?

Anonymous

Juniors
Halligan #-o

Also, I think Lauaki showed his ability today. He was bumping defenders off all over the place. Very promising.

Meth

Staff member
Lauaki was bruising.

I don't know about young Jerome. I'd actually prefer young Thomas

ThrashViking

Juniors
Something about a swollen facial injury?Bla-somehing along those lines.
Villasanati,Martin & Ali are all back next week

Auckland4ever

Juniors
There were some glimpses of the Warriors attack of old in the last 10 mins, & it was a more spirited effort than last week, but overall it was still a really p*ss poor performance & a 20 point thrashing to boot. There were so many missed tackles & gaps. It reminded me a little of the Kiwis being belted by Australia last year. Passing out wide & angles being run at speed seemed to catch us out & kill any cohesion in defence we might of had.

Scuba Steve said:
I don't know about young Jerome. I'd actually prefer young Thomas

Thomas is a safer option, but I'd like to see Ropati persisted with for awhile. He seems to offer more in attack & looks to me to have a fair bit of potential.

I agree about Luaki looking better this week, if only he had a little more pace off the mark, though.