What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scoring Stats

Stake Removed

First Grade
Just went through and did the scoring stats

0-20 mins 42 pts to 36 pts, most scored in this period 10 in week 9, most conceded 8 in week 1, we have been held scoreless 5 times, and we have held teams to 0, 3 times

20-40 mins 40 pts to 66 pts, highest 10 pts twice, most against 12 twice, we have failed to score in last 4 games, and been scored against in last 4 games, in that period it has been 0-36. (our area of concern)

40-60 mins 68 pts to 10 pts, highest 16 pts, highest conceded is 6 pts round 1, round 1 is the only time we have had a try scored against us. (game turning time for us)

60-80 mins 73 pts to 42 pts, highest 12 pts 3 times, conceded 12 points once, to note here this is highest point scoring quarter of the game, due to fatigue but is showing through is that in first 6 games of season in this quarter we scored 28 points against in last 6 games 45, our attack is now getting better, and defence has gone from 26 in first 6, to 16 in last 6.

We are getting better week in and week out, it dosent jump out at you but its the Flanno way slowly bringing them to peak which will be on Grand final day, we just need to fix the 21-40 and we are set

Card Shark

Immortal
Always been slow starters.

Used to be slow re-starters, to the point I was seriously questioning Flanno's half time speech.

Now, he / we just readjust things to get the job done.

I'll swear we like being behind at halftime - love the challenge of a comeback!

Frenzy.

Immortal
Funny thing for me is during the last couple games I find myself comparing the Sharks attitude to the Qld SOO teams attitude. The Sharks are very simgle minded about winning. They stay positive for the full 70 minutes and play out every play. This is why they find ways to win.

They also have this way of producing up tempo sets at crucial times. They can be def or off sets but the team has the ability to create momentum shifts themselves rather than wait for them. There were 3-4 of them last night.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Funny thing for me is during the last couple games I find myself comparing the Sharks attitude to the Qld SOO teams attitude. The Sharks are very simgle minded about winning. They stay positive for the full 70 minutes and play out every play. This is why they find ways to win.

They also have this way of producing up tempo sets at crucial times. They can be def or off sets but the team has the ability to create momentum shifts themselves rather than wait for them. There were 3-4 of them last night.

I was even thinking German soccer teams from the past they would hang in there, then bang goal game over, they played till the end, i agree Frenzy in a way like QLD origin teams, its hanging in there, then hit the lead when it counts.

Also each week you dont know which player will be the one that takes advantage this week Gall, CT, Beale that was the combo for game over

Card Shark

Immortal
We play so tough that we are rarely too many points behind.

We don't even care that we don't score early, stopping the opposition from getting too many points is priority, wearing them down & finishing the stronger.

We don't even worry too much about bad handling...it made no difference (having good handling) last night.

McLovin

Staff member
I find it amazing we've only conceded one try in the 40-60 minute mark of the game all season. Flanno half-time blowups must be working...

Stake Removed

First Grade
Other teams would know the stats, it puts pressure on them in first half, they come out guns blazing hit us with kitchen sink, and basically then we run over top of them in 2nd half.

The Titans were the one who bucked the trend, they did same to Storm and close to rolling broncs, but then lose to teams down ladder, they may use the old getting up for a big game situation the old underdog policy we used to use