What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scotland boss resigns

Pommy

Coach
Seems a shame for him to leave. Scotland are a mess but it doesn’t seem to be his fault.

DC80

Juniors
The job shouldn't exist.
Thirteen years in charge of Scotland RL team, he left two days ago, five news outlets are carrying the story, none from Scotland (two of the five are from NZ).

He's wasted his time.

Seems a shame for him to leave. Scotland are a mess but it doesn’t seem to be his fault.
A mess would indicate there's something there to begin with. To all intents and purposes there isn't anything to mess. He's working with a group of English players (and one England based Scot), there is no game in Scotland for him to mess up. Without any roots of the game in Scotland it's all a waste of time. McCormack would have better spent his time running a chippy in the North Pole. It's nothing but window dressing having Scotland in a tournament.

The fault lies with those that who think it's a good idea to have teams representing countries where the game doesn't exist. When will they wake up and realise you won't grow diddly with this set up? 13 years in charge and not a peep in Scotland.

Stallion

First Grade
Let's hope that this is a sign that Scotland RL have decided to cut costs (McCormack's wage) and invest it in the grassroots of Scottish RL.

Cross fingers thats the plan and implementation. Wondering if the code can access funding assistance in some way? As it looks like their is considerable resistance and non recognition to rugby league in this country?

Last edited:

deluded pom?

Coach
This will cheer you up Stallion. RL didn’t get any recognition in the New Year’s honours list. Rugger got about five or six gongs. The captain of the British Lions got one for failing to beat the ABs.

Pommy

Coach
Cross fingers thats the plan and implementation. Wondering if the code can access funding assistance in some way? As it looks like their is considerable resistance and non recognition to rugby league in this country?

Non recognition? What do you mean?

langpark

First Grade
Scotland have had it far too good, for far too long.

The very fact that they are still full RLIF members means they are getting a guaranteed $25,000 AUD per year. Meanwhile there are other nations out there, achieving far more than them, either with far less, or with (literally) zero financial help. You can lead the horse to the water....

Stallion

First Grade
This will cheer you up Stallion. RL didn’t get any recognition in the New Year’s honours list. Rugger got about five or six gongs. The captain of the British Lions got one for failing to beat the ABs.

Disgraceful treatment of rugby league. It's obvious the establishment has its favourites and union is clearly a favourite with rugby league on the outer. But then again I have noted a lack of enthusiasm for rugby league by most in this "conservative" part of Britain .

Stallion

First Grade
Scotland have had it far too good, for far too long.

The very fact that they are still full RLIF members means they are getting a guaranteed $25,000 AUD per year. Meanwhile there are other nations out there, achieving far more than them, either with far less, or with (literally) zero financial help. You can lead the horse to the water....

Far too good $25000?! For far too long! No wonder the code struggles in places like Scotland! Rock solid aren't you!? Just the sort of support a fledgling league wants when it is up against it. And Scotland rugby league is clearly up against it!

langpark

First Grade
Far too good $25000?! For far too long! No wonder the code struggles in places like Scotland! Rock solid aren't you!? Just the sort of support a fledgling league wants when it is up against it. And Scotland rugby league is clearly up against it!
Mate try telling administrators in:
Ukraine, Czech Republic, Norway, Spain, Greece, Netherlands, Germany, Turkey, Bosnia, Poland

That 25 grand a year is not having it good! The ones in those nations would even dare to dream of a figure like that, let alone complain about it. I don't know why some people have Scotland up on some pedestal like a protected species. They've had full membership now for years longer than they should have, so they are essentially getting money they don't deserve as they are not even fulfilling affiliate member criteria let alone FULL membership. So we're talking about a total that's over six-figures in funding that they're not even entitled to. Please tell me what I'm missing.

I mentioned those specific countries above as they ALL have more RL activity going on at the moment than Scotland and should have every right to be feeling like they are getting a raw deal.

Stallion

First Grade
Mate try telling administrators in:
Ukraine, Czech Republic, Norway, Spain, Greece, Netherlands, Germany, Turkey, Bosnia, Poland

That 25 grand a year is not having it good! The ones in those nations would even dare to dream of a figure like that, let alone complain about it. I don't know why some people have Scotland up on some pedestal like a protected species. They've had full membership now for years longer than they should have, so they are essentially getting money they don't deserve as they are not even fulfilling affiliate member criteria let alone FULL membership. So we're talking about a total that's over six-figures in funding that they're not even entitled to. Please tell me what I'm missing.

I mentioned those specific countries above as they ALL have more RL activity going on at the moment than Scotland and should have every right to be feeling like they are getting a raw deal.

Fund those countries! I'm aware the RL is not a money pit however their must be something tangible in place to support such league's. I'm suggesting something proactive for Scotlands circumstance not put them to the sword. And assistance to those areas taking up the game. After all rugby league is clearly a poorly backed sport but with great potential. Their is surely a development department for rugby league? And if not that should be sorted ASAP.

langpark

First Grade
The more I think about it the more I believe Scotland are bracing for the imminent downgrade in membership status (therefore loss of funding), hence why they had to part ways with McCormack.

Latest posts