What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scott Sattler

Raider_69

Post Whore
First of all congrats on the win!
finally the roosters fans can shut the hell up! :)

But i dont think Scotty Sattler has been given enough credit for that tackle! IMO if sattler dosnt make that tackle Byrne scores and the roosters run away with the match, they had all the momentum at that stage..... that tackle broke their spirits, it had to close to the best tackle i have ever seen.... even better than the Schifcofske tackle on Thurston and at least on par with the El Mazri on Bell.......

That tackle was the match winner IMO, form that point i knew penrith would win! GO SCOTTY SATTLER, its a shame he is leaving

BTW i think he was ripped off along with preston in the roo tour!

bucko

Juniors
I think it was better than El Masri's tackle, simply due to the fact that Byrne should have sprinted away from the lock forward. Also, the panthers were almost out on there feet (some were) but Sattler still had the determination to make that tackle. You're right raider_69. If he doesn't make that tackle, the roosters win the game.

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
That would have to be the biggest stand out memory i'll take from the 2003 Grand Final,
and howz dis for three raiders fans sayin good on ya sattler! lol

bucko

Juniors
I'm tipping it'll be on the grand final highlights reel for many many years to come.

RAIDERS FANS RULE!!!! 8)

mightypanther

Juniors
Yep, I though it was pretty damned good too.

I screamed myself so bloody hoarse that it's now Thursday afternoon,
and I STILL have hardly any voice.

I saw Satts early on Monday morning at the club, and gave him a massive
hug, told him how fantastic I thought his tackle was, and then nearly cried
because I'm going to miss him so bloody much.

He actually said to me with a laugh, "between you and me, how stupid was
Byrne to run down the sideline like that? Why the hell didn't he come in
field? But I'm glad he didn't".

Except for losing Satts............LIFE IS MIGHTY FINE RIGHT NOW

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Sattler is a champion, he always has been and deserves more recognition i'm devostated that he is leaving us but i do wish him well at the Wests Tigers were i assume he will finish his NRL career due to signing with them for the next 2 seasons.

innsaneink

Referee
You see many magic grand final moments replayed year after year around GF time.......

Bob Mc Carthys intercept try
Steve Gearins take on the full
Neville Glovers dropped ball
Ainscoughs high shot
Grothe snr's magic try
Goodwins/Fairfax's :?: headclash

Satts tackle will be shown again and again and again
He's the type of player every team wants....

And even better he's comin to the Tigers...

Congrats to the Panthers.....what a season!!!!!

*Sandy*

First Grade
Go the Satts Tackle!!!!

I'll miss him too, but i will never forget him or THAT TACKLE! :)

Dunshea

Juniors
Satts will be great in Tigertown, it's just what they need. He will be someone who brings instant pride to them.

Fibroman

First Grade
I wonder if Panthers management would have re-negotiated a contract for Satts if they could have after that tackle? The fat lady had already sung unfortunately.

Alba

Coach
yeah i find it really upsetting for him to have to leave Penrith....this year they have shut up all the people that said they couldnt handle the pressure AND proved me right! i said they would be up there right from the pre-season and noone would take me seriously but low n behold MINOR PREMIERS AND GRAND FINAL WINNERS!! i am however disappointed the Knights didnt make it but i felt so proud of them when they won and that tackle was just LEGENDARY stuff i think he drinks his milk!! well done Satts n i hope the Tigers appreciate what a valuable player he really is!

Fibroman

First Grade
Appreciation is a word sorely lacking in most Chief Executives vocabs. Sometimes it shouldn't just be about money. The mangement at Penrith lost a lot a credability with fans when they let Satts go.

*Sandy*

First Grade
Actually i received an email from Satt's mum and she says Scotty is looking forward to catching up with us all at the next Penrith/West Tigers game. :)

He certainly will bring pride to that Tiger jumper. Not only that, you have gotten 2 other great blokes Spud Elford and Benny Reynolds. Both are great players in their own right.

The West Tigers will be the great improvers next season and it will become the Panthers fans 2nd team. Well i know i will follow them a little closer than i have because of not only satts but the other 2 as well.

MR GEORGE

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
First of all congrats on the win!
finally the roosters fans can shut the hell up! :)

But i dont think Scotty Sattler has been given enough credit for that tackle! IMO if sattler dosnt make that tackle Byrne scores and the roosters run away with the match, they had all the momentum at that stage..... that tackle broke their spirits, it had to close to the best tackle i have ever seen.... even better than the Schifcofske tackle on Thurston and at least on par with the El Mazri on Bell.......

That tackle was the match winner IMO, form that point i knew penrith would win! GO SCOTTY SATTLER, its a shame he is leaving

BTW i think he was ripped off along with preston in the roo tour!
hw wanted the win more than anyone.

mightypanther

Juniors
That's exactly right Mr George,

They all wanted the trophy badly, but Satts wanted it that little bit more.

He knew that there was a good chance that he might not get one with the
Tigers, and he told me that if he was going to only get one grand final win
in his career, he wanted it to be with Penrith, so he could share it with the
team mates that he loved so much, and with the fans that had given him
so much.

I was in tears at the full time siren, not just because the team that I loved
had just won the trophy, but also because the complete joy on Satts's
face was unbelievable. It's something I will NEVER forget.