What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scum change name, jersey and logo (again)

Anonymous

Juniors
They now want to be known as the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks. Regression at its best.

Easier to type scum. :lol:

alive103

Juniors
Another chapter in the inglorious history of the Scum.

I can just read it now:

The 2004 season was doomed before it began. The change of name back to Cronulla-Sutherland and a new jersey brought new hope but this was only an attempt to detract attention away from the club's imminent move to the Gold Coast (see 2006). The parting of Chris Anderson in a highly turbulent off season was only the start of the club's misfortune but it escalated following the news that "top-line" players at the club had Anderson clauses in their contracts..........

The excuses roll on. 2004: Year 38.......Still won F#ck all!

dimitri

First Grade
no matter what they change their name to, they will never be successful!

why would you want ot be associated with the dirty shire anyway?

:?: :?: :?: :?:

Benny

First Grade
They were nothing

They came in as Cronulla Sutherland Sharks

Went to Cronulla Sharks

Then to the Sharks

Then back to Cronulla Sharks

Then back to Cronulla Sutherland Sharks

So soon hopefully back to nothing :lol:

dannyboy,

Exactly what is 'traditional' about your new logo or jersey? Correct me if I'm wrong but didn’t your original badge have the Endeavor on it and wasn't your genesis jersey a poor imitation of our mighty Vee?

Americanised trash....

oh my god

oh my god

oh my god it simply never ends....

General Manager Peter Turnbull is excited about the name change and the immediate plans for improvements at the club. "In choosing "SHARKIES" as the new "brand" we’re embracing an already commonly used word to describe the club," he said. "SHARKIES is not totally new, but it is a fresh and modern brand for the Club as we move forward. It also should match the fresh and modern refurbishment of the foyer and main lounge."

Don't they have ANY self respect?

dimitri

First Grade
They were nothing

Went to Cronulla Sharks

Then to the Sharks

So soon hopefully back to nothing

i posted the exact thing in the sharks forum

except instead of nothing i thought they would become GOLD COAST

:?: :?: :?:

Anonymous

Juniors
dimitri said:
They were nothing

Went to Cronulla Sharks

Then to the Sharks

So soon hopefully back to nothing

i posted the exact thing in the sharks forum

except instead of nothing i thought they would become GOLD COAST

:?: :?: :?:
lol.. and I can see it went down like a lead balloon. I think they broke a few land speed records for getting ticked off. :lol:

Laugh it up children.

Original name - Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
Current name - Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
Original home ground same location as always for all 12 home games

Original name - St George Dragons
Current name - St George Illawarra Dragons
Original home ground - Kogarah Oval
Current majority home ground - WIN stadium

Some Dragons supporters are alright. But DSF with your despicable views, and sodomitri with your sexually deviant ways, you both know that you are a disgrace to subhumanity.

Rot in pieces.

Anonymous

Juniors
ShireShark said:
Original name - St George Dragons
Current name - St George Illawarra Dragons
Original home ground - Kogarah Oval
Current majority home ground - WIN stadium

Some Dragons supporters are alright. But DSF with your despicable views, and sodomitri with your sexually deviant ways, you both know that you are a disgrace to subhumanity.

Rot in pieces.
:lol:
Well done Shire Shark. Isnt it great to bag out another team without being subjected to personal insults?
In any case, I see you've acknowledged Saints as having a continuation of their proud history and thats just super.

Still, I feel for Sharks supporters... the thick-skinned ones that is. They dont know if 2004 will be their last year in the shire or their second last year. Whatever the case, the writing is on the wall.

dannyboy

Juniors
So Willow. Are you acknowledging then that the Red V will be an Illawarra only entity from that point on & the StGeorge area will be divided up between the Sharks & Bulldogs.

Hmmmmm Cronulla-Hurstville Sharks doesn't quite have the same ring to it as Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks but I could get used to it.

Anonymous

Juniors
I never said anything of the sort. Perhaps comprehension was never your strong point but I won't hold that against you.

These are the facts: The Sharks are the least successful club in premiership history and came into the competition with little heritage to speak of.

With these facts in mind, it has been my opinion that the Sharks club will always be pretenders. This opinion is backed up by their empty trophy cabinet.

But I am not just here to bag out on the Sharks. I also come with positive solutions: For some time now, I have consistently maintained that the best thing for the Sharks is relocation... something that even some Sharks supporters agree with. And that the Gold Coast Sharks has a nice ring to it.

carcharias

Immortal
These are the facts: The Sharks are the least successful club in premiership history and came into the competition with little heritage to speak of.
Correct me if Im wrong , but through imformation Ive recieved through my parents who where around when st george where still a team winning grand finals. Didn't st george include the shire at one point ? In this case that would include the dragons heritage which means that the sharks have 11 in a row at one stage.
This is based on the theory that a new team comprised of two now defunct teams can claim past premierships.
So a team that has at some point in time been connected to another team in some form can claim past glories?
And with this in mind would that make Dimitri a sort of Sharks supporter a bit like a distant 2nd cousin?
I hope Im wrong.

Anonymous

Juniors
carcharias said:
Correct me if Im wrong , but through imformation Ive recieved through my parents who where around when st george where still a team winning grand finals. Didn't st george include the shire at one point ? In this case that would include the dragons heritage which means that the sharks have 11 in a row at one stage.
This is based on the theory that a new team comprised of two now defunct teams can claim past premierships.
So a team that has at some point in time been connected to another team in some form can claim past glories?
And with this in mind would that make Dimitri a sort of Sharks supporter a bit like a distant 2nd cousin?
I hope Im wrong.
Thats quite a theory. lol.
Are you saying that the Sharks by joining the competition in 1967 have claims on Saints' premierships? :lol: Sounds like something straight out the Sharks club handbook. Always the pretenders.

With the greatest respect to your folks... if only the world was that simple. Saints also had juniors from the Newcastle and Canberra... not that many came out of the Sutherland district - the Illawarra was far stronger and has much longer RL history than the Shire.

Speculation still remains as to why Sutherland got a team ahead of Illawarra... both were applying for entry into the NSWRL in 1967. A bit of money came into play but I put it down to the League being short-sighted.

Dragon Fanatic

Juniors
carcharias said:
I hope Im wrong.
That is the worst theory i have ever heard. We were never St George- Cronulla-Sutherland therefore you were never included, the shirey's were just told that to keep them happy :)

Latest posts