What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scummers - if and when

So, when does an ex-Scum player lose his Scum status?

• When he leaves The Scum

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • When he plays for Saints

• When he plays for another team

• Never

• None of the above (specify)

• Total voters
I had this argument with a mate (Parra) when I told him Rogers-scum would always be Scum. He mentioned Firman and Long as examples, to which I couldn't deny Firmo's loss of Scum status. So, in the eyes of my fellow Front Rowers, when is a Scummer not a Scummer?

I voted ‘other’

IMO if a player wants to come to St George from scum he can but he should apologise to the fans for his past sins and provide evidence of acceptable mitigating circumstances [eg Ando threatened to eat my baby if I did not join scum or the doctor says he was mentally ill at the time he signed the contract]

What other acceptable excuses are there??

After that he must lay the red vee on the halfway line, bow to the Army and kiss the badge.

He must then vow to break Brett Kimmorley’s nose in a high tackle. This does not have to occur on the pitch, it can take place outside Northies, in Scummorley’s front yard or anywhere else on gods earth.

Alan Shore

First Grade
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dennis said:
if a player wants to come to St George from scum

The stupid, illiterate, biting, kicking, screaming, raping Dragqueens players (like their fans) don't have the mental capacity to realise they can't join St.George, as it died in 1998. The nearest they can come to ultimate gutter status is by playing for the Illawarra-Stains Merged Whore.

I now see the error of my ways…

I should have said my fellow Saints fans instead of my fellow ‘Front Rowers’

That said it should be assumed by all Scummers that browse this forum that their input is not welcome and their opinion meaningless and therefore they should not bother wasting there time replying here.

dimitri

First Grade
it died in 1998

Cronulla Sutherland - died in 1996

was replaced by the great term "THE" in 1997

and then replaced once again with CRONULLA

why dont they just call them "the losers" (37 years)

Benny

First Grade
he loses it when he becomes a "Saint", but if he returns to Scum land it returns!

e.g Rodgers a scum, had brief 2 minutes of Sainthood then became scum forever!

flip

Juniors
Denis'saints'Freak said:
Tama’s a guy?? :shock:

I don't think anyone really knows! Though being a scummer it (tama) is bound to be mutated into some unearthly form of a living conglomerate mess.

Southernsaint

Staff member
flip said:
I don't think anyone really knows! Though being a scummer it (tama) is bound to be mutated into some unearthly form of a living conglomerate mess.

That'd be the mixture of cask wine & high tension powerlines down at Ronson/Caltex/Endeavour/Shark/Toyota Park every second Saturday night...

For the record, any Scummer that sees the error of his ways & comes to Saints deserves a chance to prove himself to the legion of Saints faithfull. Don't perform, or don't have pride in the jersey & it's obvious that you've been a Scummer too long & the "losing culture" is something you'll never shake - then you have two options: back to the Scum, or off to Souths where their recruitment policy seems to be "sell low, buy high"

Cheers,
Ben S.

PS: Steve Rogers was only Immortal for about 20 games...

Anonymous

Juniors
millersnose said:
slow day guys?
Apparently that's the case for yourself.

About Steve Rogers...

When asked why he joined St George, he gave a number of reasons.. the usual stuff like he got on well with the coach and the club made a good offer but he also said, 'I want to win a premiership...'

..and to his credit, he came close that year. Further to his credit, he was proven correct that he would have no chance of winning a premiership at Woolaware swamp.

Latest posts