What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2017 predictions

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
You probably got Gutherson right. Unless last year was his breakout year, in which case how much of a dickhead are you to mention him in this year's poll!!!
And all I can do is keep on telling you
I want you, I need you
But there ain't no way I'm ever gonna love you
Now don't be sad
'Cause one out of nine ain't bad

Stagger eel

Staff member
Where will we finish? 7th

Best player? Norman,

Biggest disappointment? Gutherson

First rookie to make NRL debut? Marata Nikoure

Surprise packet? Will Smith

Breakout year? Bevan French

Best retention? Teps

Biggest name we let go? Radradra

Biggest signing? A hooker.

Mmmmm!

Gazzamatta

Coach
Where will we finish? 3rd then progress to GF.

Best player? Corey Norman

Biggest disappointment? Josh Hoffman

First rookie to make NRL debut? Scott Schulte

Surprise packet? Kirisome Auva

Breakout year? Bevan French

Best retention? Kirisome Auva

Biggest name we let go? Isaac DeGoise

Biggest signing? Garreth Widdop
Pat on the back for Gazza. Well sort of.
Could still finish 3rd.
Hoffman a disappointment but probably only because of injury.
Corey now coming into good form.
Auva has definitely been a surprise packet.
I hoped for Widdop but am more than happy with Moses.

phantom eel

First Grade
Where will we finish?
Homebush on the October long weekend (1st or 2nd)

Best player?

Corey Norman

Biggest disappointment?

Kaysa Pritchard

First rookie to make NRL debut?

Maybe Fogarty will get a game or two, if we have injuries or Norman earns rep selection...

Surprise packet?
Nathan Brown, takes Mannah's starting spot by the end of the season

Breakout year?

Tepai Moeroa, make or break season...

Best retention?

Who's off contract for 2018... Auvu'a to earn another year or two>

Biggest name we let go?
Semi Radradra (early)

Biggest signing?
For next season... Ben Hunt?
Grand final prediction well in play, and got reads of Norman's, Kaysa's and Nathan Brown's seasons dead right (even if BA is still humouring Mannah by not swapping his 29 min contributions to the bench...).

Tep hasn't had a break out year, and we didn't release Semi early - but I reckon Auva'a has earnt an extension.

And like others am more tgan happy with Moses (over Ben Hunt!).

IFR33K

Coach
How was kaysa the biggest disappointment? The young kid was finding his feet in grade just before injury. He was forced to play the best part of 80 minutes week in week out. Something veterans even struggle with. It's obvious once you have an issue with a player it's hard for you to let go.

You think kaysa opted for no surgery or the call came from BA?

Noise

Coach
How was kaysa the biggest disappointment? The young kid was finding his feet in grade just before injury. He was forced to play the best part of 80 minutes week in week out. Something veterans even struggle with. It's obvious once you have an issue with a player it's hard for you to let go.

You think kaysa opted for no surgery or the call came from BA?

Pritchard only averaged 63 min a game according to Pou's Hooker thread

IFR33K

Coach
There was a lot of pressure on kaysa, going into a NRL season as the only fit hooker in pretty much his first year playing that position.

I thought he was solid. Plenty of time to fulfill his potential, fingers crossed he can stay injury free.

T.S Quint

Coach
There was a lot of pressure on kaysa, going into a NRL season as the only fit hooker in pretty much his first year playing that position.

I thought he was solid. Plenty of time to fulfill his potential, fingers crossed he can stay injury free.

I was very critical of Kaysa at the beginning of the year. I was afraid his defence wasn't up to it, and his service from dummy-half was below par.
Having said that, I thought he was definitely improving right up until his injury. He was having some solid games, plus some very good ones as well. He is still young, so I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt that he can keep improving.

IFR33K

Coach
I was very critical of Kaysa at the beginning of the year. I was afraid his defence wasn't up to it, and his service from dummy-half was below par.
Having said that, I thought he was definitely improving right up until his injury. He was having some solid games, plus some very good ones as well. He is still young, so I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt that he can keep improving.

No one is declaring he's the next cam smith. But there is a lot to like about him. Getting fit for the end of year games says so much about him, when he could of taken the easily route