What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seasons beatings

Rabbit toes

First Grade
oi itsamansgame rabbitdontknows says we have plenty of young talent? talent for what? they just dont get it do they? dreamers dribble i call it i did not read all because i fell off my chair with laughter from the start of this thread...Shadow...
Ok genius, fire away. What's the answer. Remember we have a salary cap and you can't sack everyone and go out and get elite NRL players overnight.

Rabbits20

Immortal
The answer Rabbit Toes is we are in for more pain next season it seems.

Unless we get a new coach and start from scratch!!!

We do have the cattle to be better than 14th.

But even if our boys hearts were in it we'd still just fall short if the 8 I reckon.

GI is becoming old and injury prone.

AJ is a good winger.

Hunt hasn't found consistency yet.

Jennings and Burns are rookies but Jennings has defensive deficiencies.

Gagai will be good for us.

Cody has magic moments and then goes quiet.

AR must be carrying injuries and is well down on confidence.

The twins have lost the plot.

Both our hookers aren't playing to the best of their abilities.

Tyrrell is past it and Sutto is struggling!

Turner has been inconsistent.

Clark whilst struggling you can see his heart is in it! He gives his all like Bryson does.

Sam and Angus are carrying us!!!

Murray, Musgrove, Fui are going to be very good.

We need a forward signing to start with like Paasi for example.

We need to find another back as well!

I wouldn't mind us releasing Farah either which would free up money.

I await your response Rabbit Toes and I hope you are going to accept the olive branch.

You can't say my post isn't constructive because it is and I have put thought into it........

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
The thing is Souths have the cattle.
Sam
The twins
Crichton
Fui
Reynolds
AJ
Farah
Walker
Sutton

Plenty of young talent
Burns
Jennings
Murray
Graham

That's this year excluding Inglis.
Since 2014 we've been in a constant decline, including the aforementioned premiership winners. So I'll ask the question again. Is it Madge? We know he can coach, we've got the trophy to prove it, but the results since then are terrible. Is he too close to the players? A soft spot for some of them as they're part of the premiership squad?

If we started next year with the addition of Gagai, Britt etc and a new coach will players pull their fingers out and perform? Rather than play in a non cohesive unit as it is now.

Only 1 way to find out....

I agree with you there are teams above us with worst rosters. I think there does need to be a few signings though. Maybe a new coach would be refreshing for the players. Especially if that new coach can bring back a winning culture!

Rabbits20

Immortal
I agree with you there are teams above us with worst rosters. I think there does need to be a few signings though. Maybe a new coach would be refreshing for the players. Especially if that new coach can bring back a winning culture!
Who do we get though?

Toovey??..

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Who do we get though?

Toovey??..

Just someone who isn't so emotionally attached to the players. Someone who can come in and get rid of people without having a problem with doing it. Madge has struggled to make harsh changes for the past 2 years and it's really affected us on and off the field.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Just someone who isn't so emotionally attached to the players. Someone who can come in and get rid of people without having a problem with doing it. Madge has struggled to make harsh changes for the past 2 years and it's really affected us on and off the field.
I get your point!

I'm sick of the way some adults are acting like children on here!

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
souths wont get anywhere near the 8 next year newc and tigpies and all other clubs have bought well as for souths we have a shiiit team expect the worst and forget the 8 its not going to happen as r20 said we will fall short CORRECT...Shadow...

OVP

Coach
I honestly believe you guys need a new coach. I'm not saying Madge is a bad coach at all, i just think he needs a new club, and he is too good to be lost to the game. I'm also not joking when I think you and the Dogs should do a coach swap. I see both Madge and Hasler needing a fresh start, and I see Madge being a great fit for the Dogs and Hasler being a great fit for you guys.

I doubt it will work out like that though, so who you guys get is anyone's guess. Also the Dogs will probably go after Pay so that'll be it for that idea though.

There's honestly not a lot of coaches out there atm, maybe give someone from England a go again?

Travitoh

First Grade
Who do we get though?

Toovey??..
There's honestly not a lot of coaches out there atm, maybe give someone from England a go again?

Daryl Powell from Castleford.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I honestly believe you guys need a new coach. I'm not saying Madge is a bad coach at all, i just think he needs a new club, and he is too good to be lost to the game. I'm also not joking when I think you and the Dogs should do a coach swap. I see both Madge and Hasler needing a fresh start, and I see Madge being a great fit for the Dogs and Hasler being a great fit for you guys.

I doubt it will work out like that though, so who you guys get is anyone's guess. Also the Dogs will probably go after Pay so that'll be it for that idea though.

You make some good points. I reckon there's not many options. Hopefully someone good comes onto the open market.

Not really a big fan of Pay. Canberra fans really dislike him.

Pommy

Coach

Been saying this for a bit. Not sure why the dogs and Souths management haven't made it happen. As things stand I can't see Des and Madge turning it down.

doyen

Bench
You are about the ONLY individual to bring up The Head Coach! The trophies Maguire won were basically with a STACKED INHERITED ROSTER that HE did NOT put together. It was I believe Mark Hughes that did much of the groundwork. He effectively laid the basis for Maguire's success. Since then Maguire and Management [The Sumo Man or Crowe] have systemmatically routed the roster and staffed it with low quality players and several "name" players who DO NOT WIN THE TEAM GAMES. Sam B is in the latter category.... yes Sam is strong and athletic BUT he is short on skill and fumbles far too much many times in crucial situations [see Game II late when score was 12-14 v Easts and Melbourne after the kick off]. Nor does he turn games around which is what his high Salary Cap Number requires him to do. One game where he really impacted the outcome was v Penrith when being down 0-8 he vigorously tackled young Cleary. That turned the outcome in The Crisps' favour. If anyone watches Maguire's recent Post-Game interviews eg v. Canbraaa he seems increasingly distressed and is now blaming Officials for key turning points. There is no more of this "must stick to our system and do what we do" nonsense. That has all gone and now he seems to be increasingly accepting the collapse. My feeling and much of this comes from what has happened in other sports around the world is that Maguire should be removed and that any renewal of team success maintaining the status quo is a mere pipe dream. Henec the first change MUST be to seek a New Head Coach.

I think you are right with the coach being sacked--he is bereft of any ideas for change!

His roster at Wigan was by far the best in the ESL too!!

Sths probably required his tactics back prior to 2014 but they don't need it now.

Sths require a fresh,new face as coach--we can't be too much worse off!!!!!

Latest posts