What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Second Test :: 17th - 21st October :: India vs Australia @ Mohali

Second test result :: India vs Australia

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hineyrulz

Post Whore
steve waugh wasn't a tacticians arsehole ... he had gritty determination ... but shane warne was 10 times the captain waugh was but the media got their way and waugh was appointed captain over warne
Media got there way :lol: It had nothing to do withh Warnie taking money from a bookie and carrying on like a pork chop at times. Nothing wrong with Tugga as a captain, whats all the love for Taylor???? Australia's answer to Mike Brearley.

IanG

Coach
Q: What was the best shot in the Australian 2nd Innings?
A: When the camera panned onto Lara Bingle in the stand.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Congrats to India....simply too good.

Great bowling line up
Left arm
Right arm tall merkin
Leggie

If they can get a right arm swinger they will be awesome.

shiznit

Coach
Steve Waugh's is one of the best captains ive seen.... sure he wasnt super refined with his field placings but his attitude was awesome.

he was one ruthless bastard... i know Stephen Flemming said when he first started as captain he got schooled big time against Tugga. he credits his battles with Tugga as what really turned him into a good leader. and i probably rate Flemming as one of the very best captains cricket has seen in the last 25 years or so...

Tommy Smith

Referee
Media got there way :lol: It had nothing to do withh Warnie taking money from a bookie and carrying on like a pork chop at times. Nothing wrong with Tugga as a captain, whats all the love for Taylor???? Australia's answer to Mike Brearley.
Dribble.

Taylor was a world class batsman.

An average of 43.50 with 19 tons for an opening batsman in his era is excellent. The likes of Hayden haven't had to open against bowlers like Curtly Ambrose, Courtney Walsh, Shaun pollock, Allan Donald, Wasim Akram and Waqar Younis in their prime.

Oh wait, yes he did, back when he was a failure in his first stint as a Test player. Same said for Langer.

Taylor was quality.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Taylor pre captain was a world class batsman, after he took over the captaincy his batting was hardly world class. Besides a triple ton in pakistan and hundred in a dead rubber in India he was liability in the side.

and yet he kept his spot because he was the best captain we'd had in decades

umm that pretty much confirms the point that the media got their way such was the campagin AGAINST warne becoming captain of the "most treasured position in australian sport"

mark taylor was a quality opener ... he was the catalyst behind australia's 89 ashes series win, 7525 runs at 43 and had 19 test centuries 40 half centuries and masterminded the greatest series win i've ever seen from australia in the 95 west indies tour ...

you honestly can not put sh*t on mark taylor if you'd seen him play ... and like tommy said taylor played against some of the GREATEST fast bowlers in the history of the game IN THEIR PRIME ... back then test cricket was alot more evenly spread with the west indies falling into line and pakistan, india, england and south africa all having high quality teams ...

this is almost as funny as the people who think gilchrist was a better wicketkeeper than ian healy and using batting statistics to back up the claim ...

Taylor pre captain was a world class batsman, after he took over the captaincy his batting was hardly world class. Besides a triple ton in pakistan and hundred in a dead rubber in India he was liability in the side.

how about his 170 NOT OUT when he carried his bat against south africa in the first innings? that was just before we went to pakistan

badav

Bench
steve waugh wasn't a tacticians arsehole ... he had gritty determination ... but shane warne was 10 times the captain waugh was but the media got their way and waugh was appointed captain over warne

Its well known that the media exxagerate stories but i think warnie can cop much more of the blame for that than anyone in the media. He made too many big mistakes too often.

most of those mistakes came after 99 though ... but the media run a big thing about how someone with such an off field record could be the australian test captain so they gave it to waugh ... if warne hadn't have been the goose off the field he would have been captain ... ask the ACB

if he was appointed captain he'd have probably been dumped later anyway

hineyrulz

Post Whore
most of those mistakes came after 99 though ... but the media run a big thing about how someone with such an off field record could be the australian test captain so they gave it to waugh ... if warne hadn't have been the goose off the field he would have been captain ... ask the ACB

if he was appointed captain he'd have probably been dumped later anyway
Warne took money from a bookie in 94...... That only came out later on.....

um ... again wtf? if you look through the majority of warne's off field drama they came from 99 onwards ... infact i'm sure they came from about 2001 onwards hence the reason why i said most of those mistakes came after 99 <-------------- important

he did have some off field drama prior to that but not nearly as much as later on in his career

hineyrulz

Post Whore
and yet he kept his spot because he was the best captain we'd had in decades

umm that pretty much confirms the point that the media got their way such was the campagin AGAINST warne becoming captain of the "most treasured position in australian sport"

mark taylor was a quality opener ... he was the catalyst behind australia's 89 ashes series win, 7525 runs at 43 and had 19 test centuries 40 half centuries and masterminded the greatest series win i've ever seen from australia in the 95 west indies tour ...

you honestly can not put sh*t on mark taylor if you'd seen him play ... and like tommy said taylor played against some of the GREATEST fast bowlers in the history of the game IN THEIR PRIME ... back then test cricket was alot more evenly spread with the west indies falling into line and pakistan, india, england and south africa all having high quality teams ...

this is almost as funny as the people who think gilchrist was a better wicketkeeper than ian healy and using batting statistics to back up the claim ...
Just curious how old are you champ???? I saw Taylor play plenty. From 89 to 92 he was one of the best bats in the world, then he struggled against the Windies and was dropped Made a couple of 100's in England in 93 mind you who didn't. But as i said after he took over the captaincy his average was under 40.....

And what has Gilly got to with this???? Anyone with a brain know Healy was that far better gloveman and Gilly the better bat :?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
um ... again wtf? if you look through the majority of warne's off field drama they came from 99 onwards ... infact i'm sure they came from about 2001 onwards hence the reason why i said most of those mistakes came after 99 <-------------- important

he did have some off field drama prior to that but not nearly as much as later on in his career
That was what cost him the captaincy, the bookies scandal :? There was talk they would get banned. It really didn't matter after that. There is no way he would get the captaincy after that and nor should he. Which is a shame as he would have made a great captain.

and the media got their way because they crocked up sh*t about how the greatest honour in australian sport couldn't be tarnished by a man with warnies reputation ... ACB wanted him as captain though ... there was another off field incident he was involved in but i forget now but they used that as the backbone to get their point across

i don't deny tubby's form dropped either ... i acknowledged that quite a number of posts ago ... my point was that he kept his spot because he was an incredible captain but he had a few flashes of brilliance towards the end of his career and his 170 carrying the bat was one of them ...

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Taylor not being a good captain was never in question, Tactically a good captain but he let the captaincy affect his batting. And when he was so badly out if form they we're selecting Bevan at 7 just to cover for him. Which affected the team and it didn't do Bevan any justice either.