What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sege over Brailey

Quigs

Immortal
It's all to do with the voices some people hear in their heads. They are in there and they sometimes escape.

Some of those escapees even morph into thread contributors. Can you imagine the keyboard conversation he/she must have with him/herself as he/she compiles the thoughts before submitting the desired post.

Farkkkk there was even a bloke in here that thought he was a duck or a pirate.

We've had blokes that thought they were pilots and we've even had blokes that had imaginary friends in real high places.

jack059

Juniors
It's all to do with the voices some people hear in their heads. They are in there and they sometimes escape.

Some of those escapees even morph into thread contributors. Can you imagine the keyboard conversation he/she must have with him/herself as he/she compiles the thoughts before submitting the desired post.

We've had blokes that thought they were pilots and we've even had blokes that had imaginary friends in real high places.

I think we are in a good spot re hooker

Brailey has played 5 games and for the most part he has been more than capable. we need the forwards winning the battle for him to be good.
he is learning and having seggy helps.

as to seggy
it was spoken about in the commentary that the word from flanno was we wont see the best of him for a few weeks.
they will compliment each other

MilkShark

First Grade
We can't keep persisting with Brailey. Let's be honest he's not in Seges league. Flanno needs to wake up and get Sege into the game more. He must play 40 mins at least.

Brailey is slow and pretty average
"Slow and pretty average""

You're a complete fool, delete your account.

MilkShark

First Grade
Brailey is pretty good for a 20 year old with 5 games of NRL experience. Good defender and passes well to left and right. Seggy on the other hand is more dynamic around the play the ball.

I would like to see brailey start and be subbed at 25 min mark for Seggy. Seggy to be subbed at back end of 2nd half.

It's one more interchange. But we have the players to contribute big minutes in the middle.
That's 2 more interchanges actually.

Edit, I get what you mean now. 1 extra on top of the interchange we are currently already using.

Last edited:

Foz

Bench

It's called therapy I think.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Been impressed with Braileydefensively so far so I thought I'd check out the stats. Brailey has made 167 tackles and missed just 7 tackles. Jimmy who tries hard but is a regular speed bump has made just 65 tackles but missed a massive 34 in 5 games. Next worse statistically is Bird who has completed 40 tackles but missed 15. With Brailey averaging just 1.4 missed tackles a game he also compares favourably to Mick Ennis who averaged 2.7 misses per game last year.

Been impressed with Braileydefensively so far so I thought I'd check out the stats. Brailey has made 167 tackles and missed just 7 tackles. Jimmy who tries hard but is a regular speed bump has made just 65 tackles but missed a massive 34 in 5 games. Next worse statistically is Bird who has completed 40 tackles but missed 15. With Brailey averaging just 1.4 missed tackles a game he also compares favourably to Mick Ennis who averaged 2.7 misses per game last year.
Pretty much all means nothing. Bird & Maloney missed about 10 each in the GF last year. Our defensive system on the edges are prone to misses but they do cause the play to end.
The middle is locked up & the hooker is surrounded by Gal Prior & Feefs.

Windy70

Juniors
I like Brailey. He's young and his game will only get better. Wasn't Ennis contracted to work with him and other potential hookers?

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Pretty much all means nothing. Bird & Maloney missed about 10 each in the GF last year. Our defensive system on the edges are prone to misses but they do cause the play to end.
The middle is locked up & the hooker is surrounded by Gal Prior & Feefs.
Yeah....nah....missing the point. Brailey who is only 5 games into his first-grade career is proving to be defensively sound despite having being targeted by a couple of the biggest packs in the Raiders and Dragons. This is why he will continue to be the starting hooker over Seggy who has always been a bit hit and miss in defense but can and will be an attacking weapon at some point. So much for the 80 minute hooker by round 4 hey?

Love me some Chicko, really I do. But lots to be impressed about with Brailey. Good hands. Switched on. Cool under pressure. Reads the play. Classy service. Strong defensively. Already starting to make decent runs out of d/h. Backs up line-breaks. Vision & game management will develop further as he grows into his role as an NRL starting hooker for a premiership heavyweight (LOVE being able to write that!). No idea about a kicking game, but I won't be surprised when he reveals that in time.

The game has evolved to the point now where #9 ≥ #7. More mileage in bench rotation carrying an extra hooker than any other position.

Full 70mins preferable, of course, but I'm predicting Brailey/Sputnik combo will pay handsome dividends later in the season. Brailey probably to take over full-time in a couple more seasons.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
If you're referring to Seggy being an 80 minute minute hooker you're off with the fairies as usual,,,,,,more chance of Bird becoming the next immortal or Gagan playing for Australia lol.

Latest posts