What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Segeyaro Gate

Stake Removed

First Grade
For Nu Brown, Cherrington, Mortimer & Brailey each day Seggy issue drags on, its giving them more time to impress Flanno.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I think people should be wary of wanting Segeyaro simply because we can't have him.

He's proving to be a very destabilising prick and it isn't needed.

Pharque him. I'd rather Nu Brown, Dan Morts and Jay Brailey to be honest

snout

First Grade
The Leeds guy is actually helping preserve the game in the UK.
Tossers over here like seggy, sandow and carney f**k up....then the only clubs willing to touch them are the English ones and they pay them handsomely to get them there.

Said tossers then sign multiple year contracts with no intention of staying in the UK long term.

They think when the heat has died down cubs back in the NRL will be fighting each other to get them.

Good on hethrington.
Id love segyaro at our club but people have been covering up for these dumb as dogshit, immature timewasters since high school because they can play footy.

f**k him. Make him honour his contract. He signed it.

Last edited:
The Leeds guy is actually helping preserve the game in the UK.
Tossers over here like seggy, sandow and carney f**k up....then the only clubs willing to touch them are the English ones and they pay them handsomely to get them there.

Said tossers then sign multiple year contracts with no intention of staying in the UK long term.

They think when the heat has died down cubs back in the NRL will be fighting each other to get them.

Good on hethrington.
Id love segyaro at our club but people have been covering up for these dumb as dogshit, immature timewasters since high school because they can play footy.

f**k him. Make him honour his contract. He signed it.

I hope we get him but agree with this. He was a marquee signing for Leeds. Why should they let him go play for someone else when he made a bunch of promises to them?

Well actually he was a loan player. & upon arriving, he dutifully srved the club & the coach by performing above expectations & saving all their backsides & not getting relegated. I would say all those looking at putting their foot down now, would not have had a job if Leeds were humiliated by being relegated.
That aside, the power of them enforcing or suing Suggester, are minimal & would have way more detrimental effects on them, than Seggy.
They need a hooker & fast.They burned their bridges with beau snorkel. They will get one & prob out of Ayoubs extended stable, Leeds will cop $50k a year over 2 years for Segg & hald of that will come off his Sharks contract.
Win win win win win win baby!

Well actually he was a loan player. & upon arriving, he dutifully srved the club & the coach by performing above expectations & saving all their backsides & not getting relegated. I would say all those looking at putting their foot down now, would not have had a job if Leeds were humiliated by being relegated.
That aside, the power of them enforcing or suing Suggester, are minimal & would have way more detrimental effects on them, than Seggy.
They need a hooker & fast.They burned their bridges with beau snorkel. They will get one & prob out of Ayoubs extended stable, Leeds will cop $50k a year over 2 years for Segg & hald of that will come off his Sharks contract.
Win win win win win win baby!

Leeds are playing hardball on him because he signed a 3 yr contract (that's not a loan). We simply don't have the cap space for seggy plus a transfer fee. It will be to Leeds detriment but that's the way it's playing out UNLESS we can convince him to play for a fair bit less than his market value.

If they take on Seggy, they will never land an Australian player again. & they will go one step closer to relegation again. There will be a "save face" transfer fee, nothing more.
Absolutely worst case scenario, the management decide to sue Seggster, they will have to do it across continents. It will also be for a damages claim, as there has been no quid pro quo as Seggster has received no payments. He aint going back, & they dont want him back. Good far Ken luck with that case.
Leeds management will understand that 100% of $100k is a lot more than 75% of $0k & they will take the offer.

Stake Removed

First Grade
I dont agree with players breaking contracts but it has happened for ages, and actually i think clubs were first to break contract on players, i remember Parramatta doing it to Paul Taylor mid way through contract kicking him to kerb not keeping him to end of contract.

For Leeds, if Seggy does not want to play and they want to sue him, they may get some cash but as noted above they need a hooker, and if they dont and start the season losing, then they will need to pay overs to most probably an NRL to get a NSW cup player over there to fill the void.

We are actually in the prime spot, we have Cherrington, Brown, Brailey and Mortimer on the books, so say the Seggy issue drags out not playing for anyone we have coverage, Leeds will they will be under pump to do something fast

Latest posts