What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi Final vs Cowboys Discussion + Voting

crogger1984

Juniors
One can only assume that Kahu will move to right centre and Pearson onto the right wing if Roberts is found guilty.

I actually really like our chances in this game. People keep saying the Broncos have been patchy over the past 6 matches and that if you exclude the performance against the Storm they're only going okay. I just don't get this line of thinking that the Storm game should be excluded from the Broncos current form line. The fact is over the past 6 weeks the Broncos have brought their game up to a level that has been suitable for the opponent they've faced. When the occassion demanded it against the Storm they stood up and showed what they're really made of.

With due respect to the Roosters and Titans, they are not in the same league as the Storm or Cowboys. I get the impression the Broncos knew they had the Titans measure and the fact that we didn't exert ourselves physically is actually a blessing in disguise as they should be fairly fresh coming into this game. 7 day turnaround after a point-a-thon whereas the Cowboys are on a 6 day turnaround after a tough, defence-oriented match in greasy conditions.

I also get the feeling a few Cowboys players are playing busted. I'm not convinced JT has fully recovered from injury and Matt Scott desperately needed the week off this week. Obviously the Cowboys are a magnificent team with a great home record so I fully expect them to step up on Friday night. However this is not the worst time for the Broncos to get the Cows up in Townsville and I tend to think that even if we lose our performance will be far better than it was against the Titans.

I don't think some of the stories coming out in the media this week are coincidence either and I think Mr Bennett may be playing a siege mentaility game here. The scuffle at training would be a fairly regular occurence at most clubs most weeks of the season. Yet footage gets released of this particular 'incident'. One has to wonder if the Supercoach organised for the footage to be released to the media. Big Dell also came out today and said we're not in the same league as the Storm or Cows and we're basically no chance of getting through this week. "G'Day Dell, I need to fire up the troops this week, I need you to make a few comments to stir them up". I wouldn't be surprised if there is more to come out before Friday.

Really looking forward to this game all the same. If the past 4 clashes are anything to go by it should be a cracker.

Bronco18

Juniors
One can only assume that Kahu will move to right centre and Pearson onto the right wing if Roberts is found guilty.

I actually really like our chances in this game. People keep saying the Broncos have been patchy over the past 6 matches and that if you exclude the performance against the Storm they're only going okay. I just don't get this line of thinking that the Storm game should be excluded from the Broncos current form line. The fact is over the past 6 weeks the Broncos have brought their game up to a level that has been suitable for the opponent they've faced. When the occassion demanded it against the Storm they stood up and showed what they're really made of.

With due respect to the Roosters and Titans, they are not in the same league as the Storm or Cowboys. I get the impression the Broncos knew they had the Titans measure and the fact that we didn't exert ourselves physically is actually a blessing in disguise as they should be fairly fresh coming into this game. 7 day turnaround after a point-a-thon whereas the Cowboys are on a 6 day turnaround after a tough, defence-oriented match in greasy conditions.

I get ya, I think they'll lift because Cowboys v Broncos matches always warrants it, especially in a knock out final.

The argument on the formline though is something along the lines of discipline - at this time of the year, it's hard to switch on and off from your best. Teams generally make statements against teams that they're expected to be comfortably at this time of the year (no disrespect to the Titans, but they're merely a team on the rise). I would've like to have seen the Bronx concede two tries max last week for practice if nothing else...

renouf

Juniors
They'll be up for it, just don't know if they can do it for 80minutes.. hopefully Matt Scott has a quiet game..

chigurh

Taumalolo and Granville tear us apart every game, wayy more than Thurston does, and we haven't really ever gotten better at shutting them down. Taumalolo in particular just shreds us in the last 20 minutes.

It's gonna be tough, but you never know.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Roberts found guilty and out.

The good news is he should still be allowed to throw eggs at the Cowboy players from the stands.

Nerd

Bench
Great game shame the Cows won though. Milford is really becoming a rocks or diamonds type of player. How many times did he lose possession tonight.Too many mistakes with the ball really cost us tonight. I thought we blew the Cows off the park in the first 30 minutes then little mistakes crept into our game.

Was surprised that twice a Cowboys player lost the ball and another Cowboys player picked the ball up from an offside position and there was no penalty. With the 7 tackles that the Broncos would get from this if they had the opportunity to pick up the ball it's a pretty big call by the refs.

3. Blair
2. Boyd
1. McCullough

chigurh

Taumalolo and Granville tear us apart every game, wayy more than Thurston does, and we haven't really ever gotten better at shutting them down. Taumalolo in particular just shreds us in the last 20 minutes.

It's gonna be tough, but you never know.

So Taumalolo shredded us for about 65 minutes tonight, instead of his usual 20 lol. The guy is an animal and we have no answers for him.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Was surprised that twice a Cowboys player lost the ball and another Cowboys player picked the ball up from an offside position and there was no penalty. With the 7 tackles that the Broncos would get from this if they had the opportunity to pick up the ball it's a pretty big call by the refs.

In at least one of those, the ball touched a Broncos player before the second Cowboy picked it up.

I actually thought that the officials had a pretty good game for once.

gUt

Coach
I agree I thought the refs were very good. We were just outlasted by the best second half team I've ever seen. Taumalolo is a special player.

Donkeys choked again !
What an idiotic reply.
Anyone who watched that game realised that they watched one of the great Rugby league games. That was one of the best epic Rugby League arm wrestles that I've ever witnessed. Let me put it this way Dragons supporter: It made your most recent Premiership win under Wayne Bennett look like a contest between two teams of geniuss. The commitment, grit and excitement of last night's game between the Broncs and the Cowboys was of all-time standard. Losing that game was no choke. It was stunning game. Your comment is the blubber of a butt-hurt whiner. Go away and suck on mummy's titty you sook.

Nerd

Bench
In at least one of those, the ball touched a Broncos player before the second Cowboy picked it up.

I actually thought that the officials had a pretty good game for once.
Fair enough if it touched one of the Broncos first.

Latest posts