What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi Radradra: The Crystal Ball Thread

Will Semi be back or is he gone for good ? What's your prediction ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gronk

Staff member

^^^

As revealed by the Midi Olympique this Monday, the treizist Rugby Club Toulonnais, Semi Radradra should leave the banks of the Bay at the end of the current season to join Bordeaux-Bègles.

Received by the president Girondin Laurent Marti at the end of November, Semi Radradra would have been totally seduced by the proposal Bordelaise.

This Tuesday, the daily Sud-Ouest informs us that the Fijian player has signed a pre-contract for the UBB. The leaders of Toulon could always counter-attack, but they should then support a clause of significant deduction.

According to the regional newspaper, the agreement between Semi Radradra and Bordeaux-Bègles should be formalized by mid-January.

In addition, the daily Sud-Ouest announces that winger All-Black Seta Tamanivalu - a time courted by Toulon - would have agreed to UBB for the next two seasons.

Malabar Eel

Juniors
giphy.gif

Gronk

Staff member
Semi Radradra could be back in Australia in April - just not for the reason Parramatta fans would be hoping.

The former NRL star has been named in Fiji's preliminary 45-man Rugby Sevens squad for the Commonwealth Games on the Gold Coast.

Radradra, who is plying his trade with Toulon in French Rugby, is one of several overseas-based players named by the Olympic champions in their squad submitted to the Fiji Association of Sports and National Olympic Committee.

The 25-year-old played for the Fijian Sevens side in 2011 before being spotted and signed by the Eels.

Radradra became a cult figure in his five seasons in the blue and gold, scoring 82 tries in 94 appearances and representing Australia in 2016.

He quit the Eels for a stint with powerhouse club Toulon at the end of the 2017 season however he flagged his intentions to one day return to the NRL.

He is off contract with Toulon at the end of the 2017-18 Top 14 season and the Eels are hoping to lure him back to Australia before the close of the June 30 transfer deadline.

He is reportedly being courted by Top 14 rivals Bordeaux, who are said to have offered him a two-season deal worth $1 million a year.

Radradra recently earned the ire of Toulon owner Mourad Boudjella for failing to turn up to training after he returning to Fiji for a holiday.

http://www.rugby.com.au/news/2018/01/06/radradra-fiji-sevens

Stagger eel

Staff member
So he’s going to take a pay cut to go to Bordeaux???

I suppose the wines are better there..

T.S Quint

Coach
What is this "cult figure" shit?
Wouldn't that be an apt term for a lesser-known player who has a small following of passionate supporters?

Semi was one of the most recognisable players in the NRL, and even fans of other teams loved watching him play.

Gronk

Staff member
It wont f**king load .... whats going on ... tell me tll me ... i have to know

He’s playing center and monstered his opponent.

Facts are that the French still have boners for Semi. He aint coming back unless he gets homesick for Sydney and wants to be 2 hours from Fiji not 24.

T.S Quint

Coach
He’s playing center and monstered his opponent.

Facts are that the French still have boners for Semi. He aint coming back unless he gets homesick for Sydney and wants to be 2 hours from Fiji not 24.

He seems to be doing alright. Showing his incredible strength against some pretty big opponents.
Nothing there really outstanding as a highlight though. He made one break, but was brought down almost immediately.
I doubt he is coming back either. The money on offer over there is too good for an outside back like him. It's a shame, but good on him for making the most of his talents.

I notice the commentators can't pronounce his name properly. Randrandra?

Eelementary

Post Whore
He seems to be doing alright. Showing his incredible strength against some pretty big opponents.
Nothing there really outstanding as a highlight though. He made one break, but was brought down almost immediately.
I doubt he is coming back either. The money on offer over there is too good for an outside back like him. It's a shame, but good on him for making the most of his talents.

I notice the commentators can't pronounce his name properly. Randrandra?

I read somewhere that "Randrandra" is the correct pronunciation.

Latest posts