What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi Radradra: The Crystal Ball Thread

Will Semi be back or is he gone for good ? What's your prediction ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheParraboy

Staff member
If we had been pro active and upgraded Semis contract in 2015 to massive money like some are suggesting we most likely would have had to let him go to anyway to bigger money to union earlier, due to the 2016 salary cap fiasco (like we had to move peats on cause he was on good coin)

So in reality, very high chance we dont have Semi for the 2017 season

Gronk

Staff member
Semi is playing for Fiji in the World Rugby 7s this weekend in San Francisco.

They have converted a baseball stadium for the event.

https://www.worldrugby.org/sevens-series/news/348511

It's on all day Sat Sun Mon on Foxtel 501.

DiVwDe-VMAESTKp.jpg

Bandwagon

Staff member
Well , technically we did let him go, if we had of offered him similar money to that which he's getting in France we might well have kept him.

1 Million plus for a winger?

He'd be worth it if you didn't have a salary cap to contend with, even so , if one was to forget for a moment he was on the wing, and priced him only on his ability to single handedly break a game open, it'd at least bare considering.

Gronk

Staff member
Well , technically we did let him go, if we had of offered him similar money to that which he's getting in France we might well have kept him.

He'd be worth it if you didn't have a salary cap to contend with, even so , if one was to forget for a moment he was on the wing, and priced him only on his ability to single handedly break a game open, it'd at least bare considering.
It was also timing. Semi's manager was being strategic and insisting on a gabillion buck offer BEFORE he went to court. So the club had to commit a huge chunk of the cap to a player who theoretically could be suspended for 6, 9 or 12 months. I know the hindsighters will sledge the club for not coming up with an offer but I read somewhere that the NRL said that they wouldn't register it until after the hearing. So Semi took the guaranteed cash in France, rather than end up with zip.

strider

Post Whore
It was also timing. Semi's manager was being strategic and insisting on a gabillion buck offer BEFORE he went to court. So the club had to commit a huge chunk of the cap to a player who theoretically could be suspended for 6, 9 or 12 months. I know the hindsighters will sledge the club for not coming up with an offer but I read somewhere that the NRL said that they wouldn't register it until after the hearing. So Semi took the guaranteed cash in France, rather than end up with zip.
I believe the correct term is "hindsight geniuses"

T-Boon

Coach

This is why we lost him, we thought of him as a winger. He was also our best own half middle forward and most effective attacking weapon by (as it turns out) miles.
I would have given him a million.

Bandwagon

Staff member
This is why we lost him, we thought of him as a winger. He was also our best own half hit upper and most effective attacking weapon by (as it turns out) miles.
I would have given him a million.

In hindsight I would've done the same, at the time, I would have said that's f**king crazy.

T-Boon

Coach
In hindsight I would've done the same, at the time, I would have said that's f**king crazy.

He was out of form for a while whilst the court case was hanging over his head and it made the attack as a whole a lot worse. However, he had shown over about 2 years his true quality. Which is possibly best winger of all time category and add to the mix he was a rover in the same way Hayne played this season.
I would have been smart enough to make the massive offer even when he was struggling.