What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Senile Wars: Gould vs Griffin

Knightmare

Coach
Gould is a genius.

Panthers not going well? Blame the coach

Panthers winning? My hard work is paying off, you're welcome

He does remind me of Captain Mainwering from Dad's Army-

(Pike stuffs up): "You stupid boy!"

(Pike comes up with a brilliant plan): "Good idea, Pike......I was just waiting to see who'd be the first to think of that one!"

Spot On

Coach
No need to worry.....

Their 800K prop should lead the way for them every week this season.

He'll be ready to hit form soon ...............

beave

Coach
No need to worry.....

Their 800K prop should lead the way for them every week this season.

He'll be ready to hit form soon ...............

Well he has been training the house down all offseason.

Here’s some behind the scenes, never before seen footage of him on the practice field at the foot of the mountains......

giphy.gif

Valheru

Coach
I have no idea of the veracity of this particular story but $41 for the panthers to get the spoon is starting to look real juicy. One gets the feeling they are a poor start to the season away from complete implosion.

roofromoz

First Grade
May be a tad melodramatic... but, I can't help but feel that Gus has slowly evolved from a liberator into a benevolent dictator.

Jason Simmons

Juniors
God I hope they lose Cleary. The meltdown from Gus would be epic. I think it’s a scientific possibility if that happens that his head may literally explode...

davi

Juniors
I really think your dammed if you do dammed if you don't with players not getting along with coaches. If you let players deciding decisions on coaches you tend to start the rot of a bad culture as we have seen at the Tigers. Some fans have posted on these forums suggesting the coach should be punted if the players don't like the coach.

I remember Anthony Griffin in his early tenure with the Broncos that he was considered a players coach. But I did hear it may have soured a little bit at the end. There were players who were publicly backing Griffin when rumors were floating around that Wayne Bennett was in line to replace him. So Griffin being at odds with certain players is surprising, whether it's with the whole Panthers playing group remains a mystery.

davi

Juniors
I think the talk about Hayne going back to the Eels, Moylan to the Sharks, and other player movements James Maloney going to Penrith has slipped under the rader a bit. I think with some of the players Penrith have lossed there is some pressure on him to step up and perform this year. If it all goes pear shaped there will be a lot of finger pointing the swap wasn't worth it despite the fact it was Moylan that forced the move.

Griffin in his last year of his contract will be under the pump this year particularly when you have coaches such as Des Hasler and Michael Maguire waiting in the wings. Interestingly Mark Geyer has thrown out the suggestion that Gus Gould should take over himself if Griffin gets punted. Gould has been reluctant to be involved in club coaching since he departed the Rooster in 1999, its been a long time between drinks.

Das Gupta

Juniors
Griffin in his last year of his contract will be under the pump this year particularly when you have coaches such as Des Hasler and Michael Maguire waiting in the wings. Interestingly Mark Geyer has thrown out the suggestion that Gus Gould should take over himself if Griffin gets punted. Gould has been reluctant to be involved in club coaching since he departed the Rooster in 1999, its been a long time between drinks.

http://www.nospam47.com/au/league/n...ith-panthers-coach/1uehr4uiq8cn91uf3flbsgsdp6

Dude Pennies re-signed Griffin till 2020 late last year.

davi

Juniors
Dude Pennies re-signed Griffin till 2020 late last year.

I thought that was the case in the Sporting news article it claims he is in the last year of his contract. I would link it, but it looks like you are not allowed to post article links in these forums anymore.

Das Gupta

Juniors
With all the rumours surrounding Penrith we will get a good look at them this afternoon.
If its all bullshit they dig with hearty effort. A win or a close loss will temper those rumours.
If the rumours are true they don't bother turning up and they get pumped.

Das Gupta

Juniors
I thought that was the case in the Sporting news article it claims he is in the last year of his contract. I would link it, but it looks like you are not allowed to post article links in these forums anymore.

Could depend on where its from.
Lets try this one from the Tele last October.

ANTHONY Griffin will guide Penrith until the end of the 2020 NRL season after club boss Phil Gould confirmed a two-year extension for the head coach at their end-of-season awards night.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/pa...h/news-story/b338fee3831c527db8d60f0855277211

davi

Juniors

Latest posts