What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sent email to 2ue Sports Today Re Forum 7s.

Mr BuLLdOgS

Juniors
keep sending them

maybe we should get a few ppl to send, i might aswell.

then maybe they can see its a good oppurtunity for league fans to express their point of views.

Its not like we are advertising it for our own benfit, but to let everyone know about it. hopefully the guys on 2ue will see this/

Big Mick

Referee
better chance on the weekend with hadley, i'll send him info about it and one of the articles i have done.

ParraMatt

Bench
Myself and RoosterBoy who host our own radio station on the net commentating rugby league matches im sure can start an advertisment campaign for forum sevens... Ill have a talk to him.

Big Mick

Referee
ParraMatt said:
Myself and RoosterBoy who host our own radio station on the net commentating rugby league matches im sure can start an advertisment campaign for forum sevens... Ill have a talk to him.

any chance of a guest host ;-)

Big Mick

Referee
i sent the following e-mail to 2GB and the continuous call team:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

G'day team,

How are you? I'm a Penrith supporter and would first like to say that I am very happy with the way the way the boys played last night, I am sure a finals spot is in order.

But the purpose of this e-mail is maybe you could inform your vast audience about a concept called the forum sevens.

This concept is about giving fans of clubs a free reign in expressing their views in the form of newspaper articles. The way it works is that we have about 8 teams. Each round we have teams playing against each other. Teams of 5 each write articles that get marked by a preciding referree. It is a fun experience.

If you'd like to have a look, the address is http://www.leagueunlimited.com/phpbb2/index.php

Thanks for your time boys, love the show.

Michael

brook

First Grade
I was thinking someone should drop a line to the guys at rugby league review

they seem always keep to promote fan based league groups and stuff like that - it might interest them

Anonymous

Juniors
brook said:
I was thinking someone should drop a line to the guys at rugby league review

they seem always keep to promote fan based league groups and stuff like that - it might interest them

I've done that already.

Leagueunlimited.com run a monthly advert in RLR and I asked if they wanted to choose one article every month for publication.

The Editor and boss said they actually have problems finding the space so I took that as a no. But he said he would have a look at the forum and I know he's fair dinkum enough to think about it.

These things sometimes take time to get through but I think they'll eventually be impressed by the quality of the F7s posts.

I intend on changing our advert to give the F7s a big plug anyway. It'll be in next month's issue of RLR.

El Coconuto

Bench
Is it possible that we ask League Unlimited to set up a subsite within their server dedicated to the forum sevens competition? I know it's a little weak at the moment but I think it would be a great idea. For now, I'm happy to play things out the way they are going, but I think such expansion would be great for the competition and would get a little bit more interest happening. In saying that I think that League Unlimited has already done plenty by taking the compteition under its wings. A job well done.

By the way, was there any decision on whether or not we are going to have rep matches?

Mr BuLLdOgS

Juniors
i made a website whent he site was at ish.biz and i was actually going to speak to willow next time i caught him online about maybe hosting it on their servers.

Anonymous

Juniors
Actually, the person woule ve Eli, aka Green Eye. He does all the tech stuff for thr site and will be able to let you know if F7s website is possible on LU.
I imagine that it should be accessed by web based functions so a person or people from the F7s can admin it.

Green Eye

Juniors
What exactly are you looking for? Do you want a subdomain like "forum7.leagueunlimited.com" or a sub site or simply a forum 7's seperate forum?

Anonymous

Juniors
Green Eye said:
What exactly are you looking for? Do you want a subdomain like "forum7.leagueunlimited.com" or a sub site or simply a forum 7's seperate forum?

I think El Coco is asking for sub domain for the F7s competition. I'm suggesting that we also have website attached.

Just something to mull over as possible development.

El Coco: The rep teams thing will be organised closer to the semi-finals.