What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sepp Blatter resigns as FIFA President

chileman

Coach
It's about time, should have happened years ago woth all the corruption in Fifa.....give us a clean game, not just the beautiful game. By the way pennywisealfie, it's was 2pm in the arvo here in Chile and there were cheers in the line up in the bank I was in.:)

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Not effective immediately though, he needs time to shift some money around first and raid the petty cash tin.

If Platini gets the vote we are no better off.

Suitman

Post Whore
Not effective immediately though, he needs time to shift some money around first and raid the petty cash tin.

It also gives him time to destroy all the records, Essendon style.

Suity

It's about time, should have happened years ago woth all the corruption in Fifa.....give us a clean game, not just the beautiful game. By the way pennywisealfie, it's was 2pm in the arvo here in Chile and there were cheers in the line up in the bank I was in.:)

hahaha awesome.

chileman

Coach

I agree Twizzamigo, if Platini gets the votes its like replacing Blatter with Judas.......sorry for all the spelling mistakes pennywise, i hate these keyboards here that keep changing my english to español.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Effective some time in December, apparently.

He's got plenty of time to order new shredders and go nuts.

t-ba

Post Whore
I can only imagine he is doing this because the noose is tightening around his neck. I am impressed with 'Merica.

I agree Twizzamigo, if Platini gets the votes its like replacing Blatter with Judas.......sorry for all the spelling mistakes pennywise, i hate these keyboards here that keep changing my english to español.

All good, bud. Entiendo tu Inglés :p

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
the whistleblowers are rolling over now

ABC news this morning reported the Brazil paid a total of $151 million in bribes

I can see FIFA being slowly dismantled from here

Canard

Immortal

A European is next to no chance with Africa and Asia holding the balance of power.

Haffa

So Sepp sets the agenda for reform, even though he's going?!

He puts Domenico Scala in charge of the reform. Even though he's the one in charge of the Ethics and Audit committee. Scala was directly responsible for the complete and total whitewash of the Garcia report, causing Garcia to resign in disgust.

He is thereby proven bent. Blatter is bent. Blatter puts Scala in control directly because he is as bent as the rest of them. Scala was talking about how great and honest Blatter has been during the resignation proceedings. You don't need any more evidence than that to know he's bent too.

He said nothing is off the table. But he wouldn't reveal why he never let anyone on the Ethics committee even see the original Garcia ethics report. Then he says President's income will be revealed & term limits imposed. These are exactly what he, Blatter, Valcke etc refused to do last year. Those were recommendations of the Garcia report. He rejected it! He, himself, personally, acting for Blatter and Fifa. FFS!

Any stationery suppliers out there, get on the phone to Fifa. Every shredder in the world is being requisitioned, pronto.

Anyone wanting to hear again exactly what was said, go to this link from 42mins in http://fifa.to/1M1s7Fg

Jason Maher

Immortal
FIFA is rotten to the core. Pretty sure the next lot that take over will lay low for a while, then it will be business as usual.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Let the spin doctoring begin.

The Football Association of Ireland chief executive, John Delaney, has confirmed that the body accepted a payment from Fifa after Thierry Henry’s handball in the 2010 World Cup qualifying play-offs ended their hopes of qualifying for the tournament in South Africa. The FAI later confirmed that the payment amounted to €5m (£3.67m) and Delaney claimed it was made so the organisation would not pursue legal action against Fifa.

However, Fifa later released a statement stating that the money was in fact a loan in order to help construct a stadium that was later written off and actually amounted to $5m (£3.26m).

http://www.theguardian.com/football...fai-after-thierry-henry-handball-john-delaney

Latest posts