What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shameful day for Australian league

In-goal

Bench
Andersons selections for this squad are a bit puzzling, Kimorley is almost a garunted starter for every match on tour which is wrong as i thought he was pathetic this season.

Preston Cambell whilst not being a conventional player would create headaches for GB.

Matt Geyer would have been handy as a utility back

ozbash

Referee
preston and gower would have created havoc amongst our halves and around the ruck.

minichello was like a fish out of water on the wing. he is the #1 fullback in the world today imho, closely followed by wesser.

i totally agree with salivor on the webcke issue,, he was the only aussie forward who hurt us and his new skill of offloading in the tackle took us by surprise (which i guess it was sposed to)

for the kiwis,, i dont know why they left motu on so long, he was a passenger.
i would rather have seen logan swann instead of ali lauititi,, simpson wouldnt have got that try if swann was there..

part from that..... bloody good result.

just shows you the advantages of squads being together for a decent period of time.

Anonymous

Juniors
i would rather have seen logan swann instead of ali lauititi,, simpson wouldnt have got that try if swann was there..

But Faumuina missed the tackle and Ali wasn't even on the field then.

JJ

Immortal
Some comments

Brett Kimmorley - kicking - poor (Tony at fullback, and he kept finding him on the full!!!
defence - poor
handling - poor

Why was Craig Gower not playing????

Willie Mason - handling - abysmal (always is)
defence - poor (often is)
intensity - low (always is)

Villisanti - sooooo ordinary (he had a couple of good games, you're kidding if you think he's up to test/origin level (same applies for Mason)

Phil Bailey - WHY??? They must have thought Luke was available until Phil turned up at training!!

Mick DeVere - I hope Girdler is fit soon!

from that squad, I'd suggest this is a much stronger side.

Lockyer
Minichello
Girlder
Sing (I know he plays wing - but Hegarty (who crabs too much) and Devere aren't flash)
Lewis
Wing
Gower
Ricketson
Fitzgibbon
Simpson
Webcke
Buderus
Civoniciva

Res
Clinton
Waterhouse
Villasanti (these last two have to play because the sqaud is shite!!!! - just have to hope for some impact)
Bailey

JoeD

First Grade
Great game, great atmosphere. Having Kimmorley instead of Gower really helped NZ. NZ were great all around the paddock. Toopi played well but Vinnie Anderson has to be the most improved player in the NRL. Also loved the old Kiwi kit, brought back some good memories. They should keep it. I couldn't believe that Oz didn't exploit Tony at full back when he could hardly run. For a large part of the first half Tony was on one leg, a chip kick over the line would have had him struggling.

AliN

Live Update Team
Yeah, good win for the Kiwis.

On paper I thought the Aussies had it all over us right acros the park, but our boys certainly showed them up.

Great game by Webcke and Sing. Wing and Mini weren't their normal dynamic selves. Buderus took a hard knock early in the game and was stuffed. Two touch Willie was just that..

All little things that added up to a great victory for the Kiwis.

Lueluai was outstanding as was Monty without the captain's role. Guttenbeil made a lot of ground almost at will.

Faumuina for me was the top player for the Kiwis. He may not have scored a try but he was everywhere and certainly helped in setting up some.

Also all the forwards stepped up even Jerry off the bench had a new lease of life.

It was great to see the Aussies getting beaten, for the game of course.. The tour may now just have a little bit more spark.

S2H

Juniors
Australia were so impatient when attacking their line. Tried to score on every play, and didn't get any repeat sets to accumulate some pressure. It was driving me insane. I cant remember NZ having to do a drop out.

Get rid of Anderson and his bitch.

ozbash

Referee
Thierry Henry said:

But Faumuina missed the tackle and Ali wasn't even on the field then.

you,re right.he wasnt there.
i never said he was,, i said simpson wouldnt have got that try if suave was there..
now i,ll add,, probably.. :D

logan was one of our best defence men all season,, he shoulda been there.

I thought that the Ausies looked flat from the kick off. Yeah, they scored earlky twice, but there was minimal intensity it would seem. They scored through good structure and NZ being half asleep also.

When NZ had the ball, the Aussies didn't look to make an impression in defence at all...

Just looked like a side that was only half interested at best.

NZ, to their crecit played pretty solid football and made the most of their opportunities

The Observer

Staff member
If there is one positive to come out of the game, it is that Brett Kimmorley executed the longest kick in general play I have ever seen, and possibly the longest that has been performed in the game. At 49:01 on the Channel Nine clock, Kimmorley kicked from about 24 m out from his own goal-line, the ball travelled 79 metres (it was wind assisted though) and it landed in the Kiwi in-goal area.

Has anyone seen a longer kick that they can document?

macdad

Juniors
have to also acknowledge that a fair whack of Oz side hadnt played in near on two months... the non semi guys, + newcastle & brizzy players.
it was so unlike the Oz selectors to go for so many players that didnt play in the big one, or recently. (GF) knew wed give it a good crack afta that.

PB

Bench
Joker said:
If there is one positive to come out of the game, it is that Brett Kimmorley executed the longest kick in general play I have ever seen, and possibly the longest that has been performed in the game. At 49:01 on the Channel Nine clock, Kimmorley kicked from about 24 m out from his own goal-line, the ball travelled 79 metres (it was wind assisted though) and it landed in the Kiwi in-goal area.

Has anyone seen a longer kick that they can document?

Yes they had a huge gail at their back in the second half and what did they manage.... 1 lucky try from a grubber that a prop swooped on!

And there could have been more long kicks if the half back didnt keep getting tackled on the penultimate tackle.

In-goal

Bench
I didn't realy notice that kick i might go and watch the replay again and pay attention for it, also i want to watch the anthems again!! :lol:

robbo333

Juniors
Danish Moo Cow said:
I've got no doubts this loss can be blamed on Chris Anderson. I've also got massive doubts that he'll even coach in Australia again after this year. That team was pathetic. The attacking options were appalling considering the wraps on the likes of Lockyer and Kimmorley. There's no point picking DeVere if he's not going to be kicker and for the game's "Hard Man", Shane Webcke sure is a softcock.

The problem isn't really the squad, there's always a couple of people selected that people will say doesn't deserve it, and New Zealand had injury problems just as big as ours. The problem is Anderson's game plan sucked. Gower is an International player wasted on the bench. Phil Bailey is not the guy that should be playing the dead rubbers on these tours.

Exactly how many playmakers does he need on a soggy pitch? Why is he replacing the decent one (Buderus) when the big men needed rotating? The flat game does NOT work anymore, Anderson. You should've given it away after the heart troubles and be remembered as a coach who had his career cut short.

a very shameful day

jilliby kitty

Juniors
you mean the day league unlimited died due to a gutless merkin

The right of reply

Concerning my ejection form this forum last week I would like to state my case as I was not allowed to last week publicly

(1) the story I posted was deleted for the reason that my story was somehow untrue .i gave my source as sky news obviously the moderator failed to check this before acting . as it was directly supported by the tele 5/3/007 pages 2 ANTI TERROR UNIT,,,,”

(2) to this end the judgement and impartiality of Diablo must be questioned. the said moderator deleted the post without any notification. then proceeded to delete other posts.Asking why? While saying nothing .if this is moderators “BEST PRACTICE” then say so and we can all leave this place to the thumpers

(3) there was clamed to be a plethora of notification .this is untrue .i received
messages. email notification basically only saying “you got a private messages” most
of these Messages were in reply to me asking first if I was visible then asking who
was deleting my posts. 4 or 5 Hours later Diablo finally mailed that he was the
coward deleting posts without notification

(4)as I was finding every thing I said being deleted by the alleged coward I proceeded to
post sarcastic comments at the end of posts with the intention of pissing off the said
coward .but as there is a time component in the site that interrupts this a flooding it
boot my arse as a consequence

(5) at the time I was truly ropable. I had returned from watching parra choke .and in fine
Spirts, Was looking forward to a little word play. had the alleged coward reported his
dubious deeds I would have acknowledged it and moved on but as he neither did this
nor indicated that he was deleting posts .i keep asking to the point where I called the
alleged coward a “gutless c” .i don’t retract this .and say to the shrieking princesses.
buy a box of tissues .
in the words of john singleton “people who don’t use words like f & c shouldn’t
be playing rugby league”(here here) and as this is still and RL I’ll live with that

(6) the agenda now is Diablo should come forward and give reason why he act so ineptly.
Was he goaded into doing this by a third party ?did he act alone in so should surrender
his moderating privileges as this is clearly beyond his capabilities

Just quietly

Jilliby kitty

STSAE

Juniors
salivor said:
On no Shane Webcke isn't hard, he only played a Grand Final with a broken arm :roll: .

Ahhhhh and wasnt he caught for a masking agent just after that GF?????:crazy:

But with News Ltd as an owner these things seem to remain just another paragraph in a bookstore.:p

:lol: :lol: