What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shane Elford

tiger_nick

Bench
What does this guy offer? On the field sometimes he dosen't look interested and I think is very lazy. He makes handling stupid mistakes and hasnt offered a lot in attack. He is one of the biggest centers in the comp and has the potential to be a real force. Is it a confidence thing? Whats he doing to stay in first grade??

daslacker

Juniors
Well recently i've thinking the same.

I can't beleive he is quoted as one of the quickest in the game.
Let alone the club.

Kid

Juniors
Hes sufferring just like every other centre we had through lack of quality ball from his inside men. I must admit, a few weeks back Rugby League Week said he was supposed to be the 2nd fastest in the NRL over 40 metres, i was wondering where all that speed was when he took the intercept against the Roosters? :?

Anonymous

Juniors
He was sheparded between Cross and Minicello. Cross was running a straight line at him while minicello forced him to angle towards where Cross was running to.

Kid

Juniors
Balmain_Boy said:
He was sheparded between Cross and Minicello. Cross was running a straight line at him while minicello forced him to angle towards where Cross was running to.
So hes not as fast as they say? Or not as fast as Cross anyway, considering where he came from to shepard him.

Anonymous

Juniors
No not as fast as minicello. Maybe he's just good on the 40 metres sprints. Which is probably a better distance to be good over considering a 0-40 metre dash is a lot more common in league than a 0-100. Look at it, they only started to catch him after 30-40.

simon says

First Grade
The bloke is slow.Cross was ten metres behind him and chased him down.....may I suggest you drink less during the next gane so you have a better recolection mate...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously,whatever the circumstances,to see him get chased down by Cross who has been chased down several times this year is a joke.And he is aupposed to be the 2nd fastest player in the comp....

WHAT ROT.......

Elford has to pick his game up or he will be in PL very fast IMHO.

Anonymous

Juniors
simon says said:
The bloke is slow.Cross was ten metres behind him and chased him down.....may I suggest you drink less during the next gane so you have a better recolection mate...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

You dog. :evil:

Eddie.

Bench
This guy is very frustrating

You only have to watch the first 15 minutes to see what he can offer.

He is strong and tall and runs hards, generally hard to handle. But for f**k sake he drops some soft ball.

I think Elford is a decent attacking player, ive still got high hopes for him.

Dale.2.

Juniors
So he isnt as quick as we thought he was,big deal,he is still quickish.

What we should be talking about is his tendency to go missing,it was a big question mark hanging over his head when we signed him and unless he starts to focus and play for 80 minutes it will be the end of him as an NRL player.

bonstonker

Juniors
Dale.2. said:
So he isnt as quick as we thought he was,big deal,he is still quickish.

What we should be talking about is his tendency to go missing,it was a big question mark hanging over his head when we signed him and unless he starts to focus and play for 80 minutes it will be the end of him as an NRL player.

i agree with that,and i'm not that impressed with his defence either.

simon says

First Grade
He looked the goods at the start of the year.Now he seems to be dropping balls and falling off tackles.....

Its a worry. #-o #-o

Snide the Tiger

Juniors
He's lazy - mentally unfocussed and refuses to put his body on the line and hit holes hard!

The Penrith boys we bought have not exactly set the world on fire (Satts has been fair - but nothing to write home about)!!

And given they were the same blokes Royce used when he coached the team to the bottom of the league - it is little f**king surprise!!!

Tigerpete

Juniors
Im happy with Shane's contribution this season so far, yes he did have an unhappy night on saturday and was our worst out there, but im sure he wont be carstrasted for one poor performance.

Gus22

Juniors
His form has dropped since the start of the season, & it starting to take its toll on the lad. Have a look at the photos below. Stress can do terrible things to ones appearance.

January 2004............May 2004
thumb_elford.jpg
actpic3.jpg

Don't worry. Herman will be back to his best soon enough.