What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shane Flanagan

merahputih

Juniors
Flanno was deregistered 'indefinitely' by the NRL as a coach. Don't know if that stops him from working in some other capacity at a club. He played a season with us in the eighty's so has the right cv.

TheFlash

Juniors
Just under a month ago i bumped into an old friend who is a dogs supporter, we were comparing who had the shitter coach, Mary won hands down by the way, anyway he told me that the dogs had put out feelers to Flanagan, i mentiond to him that the dogs signed up Pay for an extra year, he reckons the NRL wont allow Flanagan back till 2021 just as Pay's extended contract ends, so dogs will see how he performs if still performing shit, out the door and in comes Flanagan thats one of the plans...

Frank Facer

First Grade
Was seen today at Wollongong Mercedes dealership with a dragons sponsor just wondering your guys thoughts on him as coach or footiball manager ?
Flanagan is my first choice for our new coach. I was impressed with what he did at Cronulla and the year he was suspended they finished last or close to last. He is also an old Saints player from the 80's. I am not sure if he played first grade for us, but he did play lower grades. He is a premiership winning coach. He was very good at recruiting. His son also has very big rapts on him and having Shane as coach could even work in our favor one day?

We must get rid of Mary. I don't want to harp on about it in every post like some, but it is relevant on this thread. We need a new coach first and foremost.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Just under a month ago i bumped into an old friend who is a dogs supporter, we were comparing who had the shitter coach, Mary won hands down by the way, anyway he told me that the dogs had put out feelers to Flanagan, i mentiond to him that the dogs signed up Pay for an extra year, he reckons the NRL wont allow Flanagan back till 2021 just as Pay's extended contract ends, so dogs will see how he performs if still performing shit, out the door and in comes Flanagan thats one of the plans...
Have heard similar that Flanagan will serve a 2 year suspension then possibly be back in the NRL 2021. Won't be at the Dragons as he's NOT Illawarrafied enough.
Mary > Dean Young > Hornby > Barrett > Head ... will all ride the gravy train before Shane Flanagan ever get's considered.

grouch

First Grade
Have heard similar that Flanagan will serve a 2 year suspension then possibly be back in the NRL 2021. Won't be at the Dragons as he's NOT Illawarrafied enough.
Mary > Dean Young > Hornby > Barrett > Head ... will all ride the gravy train before Shane Flanagan ever get's considered.
He's not Illawarrafied, but he is a St George old boy. Played first grade for us in one of our darkest periods (oustide of the Price-McGregor era).

I'd take him for sure

Coffs dragon

Bench
He's not Illawarrafied, but he is a St George old boy. Played first grade for us in one of our darkest periods (oustide of the Price-McGregor era).

I'd take him for sure
Grouch I'd have him to, but the boof heads running our club will find away to disregard logic and performance to stick with McAnchor cause he's a career coach and good bloke. Makes me spew!

hermidale1

Juniors
Shane Flanagan is a St.George junior. Played with Penshurst RSL with the likes of Chris Johns, Greg Duval and Peter O’Sullivan.
Was graded with the Dragons and did play lower grades.
So all of the conspiracy theorists on this forum might all scream”jobs for the boys” if he did, if ever, came to the Dragons because he was a Dragons ex player.
Personally I wouldn’t have a problem if he did come here to coach.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

l detest Flanagan.
As absolute grub of a person.
Fitted the Sharks perfectly.
Hope he doesn't come our way.
Think Barrett will be next in line.
I expect him to sign as Assistant after June 30.
Then natural progression will evolve.
Its the Illawarra way.
Its the family way, not the business way.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Shane Flanagan is a St.George junior. Played with Penshurst RSL with the likes of Chris Johns, Greg Duval and Peter O’Sullivan.
Was graded with the Dragons and did play lower grades.
So all of the conspiracy theorists on this forum might all scream”jobs for the boys” if he did, if ever, came to the Dragons because he was a Dragons ex player.
Personally I wouldn’t have a problem if he did come here to coach.

If Saints were to sign an Old Boy as head coach, my preference would be Brown and Smith (in that order). Let’s not forget that Flanagan’s success with Cronulla was highly dubious due to salary cap rorting, and that he’s been suspended indefinitely for a reason.

Paddles

Juniors
l detest Flanagan.
As absolute grub of a person.
Fitted the Sharks perfectly.
Hope he doesn't come our way.
Think Barrett will be next in line.
I expect him to sign as Assistant after June 30.
Then natural progression will evolve.
Its the Illawarra way.
Its the family way, not the business way.

I agree. He obviously has some coaching skills but is a bully who is incapable of accepting responsibility for his own behaviour.

Off the top of my head:
- He systematically cheated during the peptides fiasco, making a farce of the competition and endangering his players.
- He created a siege mentality and encouraged the players not to cooperate with attempts to investigate what went on.
- He ignored the slap over the wrist punishment he was given and systematically cheated for another year while out of the game.

And it always seems to be someone else's fault. He wouldn't be at the top of my list.

They mean something when you are looking after your mates and expectations are 6th-12th only.
Why do you think they re-signed Mary after 6 weeks this year on the back of no success? Do you think all of a sudden they will backflip on him, sack him and sign a new coach?
Tell him he's dreaming!

More shocking things have happened like him being signed 6 weeks into the year with no success haha