What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shane Flanagan's rant, Greenberg's response

insert.pause

First Grade
Flanagan & Gallen are a real classy pair, 80 odd years between them and still throwing tantrums. Presser was the most embarrassingly pathetic display I have seen all year and makes Sticky look mature. Sharks were terrible, had nothing to do with the refs.

gregstar

Referee
Flanagan & Gallen are a real classy pair, 80 odd years between them and still throwing tantrums. Presser was the most embarrassingly pathetic display I have seen all year and makes Sticky look mature. Sharks were terrible, had nothing to do with the refs.
it's emotion because of the disappointment.

after the emotion subsides & the coaching team work through the details, they'll obviously apportion the blame for the result to where it belongs - their players. the ref didn't cost them that game - they did.

Last edited:

Canard

Immortal
Previously unseen footage of the Flanno presser.

YX6ZTJ2.gif

dannyt

Coach
What can you say laughing makes the world a happier place lol

Then the world is a very happy place tonight.

You should wait a few days and objectively look at the presser.

While my team and our moronic coach gave a season's worth of laughs, your coach managed quite a few in just a few minutes.

Generalzod

Immortal
Then the world is a very happy place tonight.

You should wait a few days and objectively look at the presser.

While my team and our moronic coach gave a season's worth of laughs, your coach managed quite a few in just a few minutes.
Oh well our coach won the premiership last year that was pretty funny lol

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I used to have a soft spot for the Sharkies but now really despise them and it's all on the back of Flanagan.

Little weasel merkin makes my skin crawl.. yeh they got a couple of bad calls, so did the cowboys and so does every team every weekend.

Get over it you little pissant and cop defeat on the chin.. fact is your club after a magnificent 2016 has been average at best all season and only due to the pathetic overall quality of the comp this year did you even manage to snag 5th.

I think you and the entire team just thought you would waltz into the finals and everything would click and it would be back to 2016 well guess what the Cows had other ideas and they got the win based on one thing and that wasn't the refs calls it was heart... more ticker than the gummies

Ciao homeboy see you on Kuta beach on Tuesday

dannyt

Coach
Not exactly ancient history but I'm sure you where laughing a lot
I was- nice to see Melbourne get beaten in a GF, even given who beat them.

But if we're talking history, the St George teams of 1956-1966 were so dominant that they produced a premiership in 2016

Apey

Staff member
Incorrect.

The reason we lost was bad calls.

Should have been a Penalty to the Sharks when Gallen got stripped and we ice the game.

Then Coote loses the ball but gets a penalty and the Cowboys level up with 2 minutes to go.

Should have been a scrum and we AGAIN go on to win the game.

Refereeing was beyond bad and if I was the coach I can't say I would've had the same restraint.
suck shit

blaza88z

Coach
Everyone will laugh at Flanno and good on them for doing so, it's only natural to feel resentment towards a successful coach but let's not let the personalities get in the way or what an abysmal refereeing performance we've seen all weekend, 2 games decided with the whistle

That's two teams who have worked hard all year having their seasons decided on a decision, an incorrect decision, just shows how crucial it is to finish in the Top 4, ironically though the bad calls came in the elimination games

dannyt

Coach
Everyone will laugh at Flanno and good on them for doing so, it's only natural to feel resentment towards a successful coach but let's not let the personalities get in the way or what an abysmal refereeing performance we've seen all weekend, 2 games decided with the whistle

That's two teams who have worked hard all year having their seasons decided on a decision, an incorrect decision, just shows how crucial it is to finish in the Top 4, ironically though the bad calls came in the elimination games
Been happening ever since the first game in 1908.

So what about the teams who missed out on the semis because of bad calls during the year.

Why can't you say their season was ruined by bad calls?

BTW- I don't put my team in that category.

They had some bad calls (as did every other team), but ultimately they missed out on the top because they weren't good enough. The amazing thing about my team is they got so close depite the coaching deficiencies.