What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SHANE RICHARDSON JOINING SOUTHS

PREDATOR

Juniors
Just announced on the news tonight,Richo is leaving Penrith and taking up the admin job at Souths.
No word yet on his departure from Penrith.

SHATTERED!!!!!!!!!!!1 :cry:

thomo

Juniors
PREDATOR said:
Just announced on the news tonight,Richo is leaving Penrith and taking up the admin job at Souths.
No word yet on his departure from Penrith.

SHATTERED!!!!!!!!!!!1 :cry:
We need him more than you guys mate. He may be the only one that can get us out of the mess we are currently in.

Seano

Juniors
this has been the best day for a looong time for South Sydney fans. Langers and Tappy gorne, and maybe just maybe Piggins is losing his influence

PREDATOR

Juniors
thomo,its not whether you need him or not its the fact he upped and left half way through the year without warning and with players unsigned :x
Granted hes probably the only one to save your rabble from expulsion/merger :mrgreen:
Round 18 promises to be a game with feeling ;-)

Tigerpete

Juniors
Yeah this is big shock to any league fan, im stunned at this too. Spoke to a couple of friends last night about souths , not knowing Richo was on his way, we all agreed this really is the clubs last chance to make amends for their failures.

Good luck guys, after all the hardship it will be good to see things take a turn for the better. There's no doubt that Richo is the most significant event involving souths since their re-instatement and the possibly the second most significant event for souths in the last 20 yrs.

The Godfather

Juniors
Now Richardson has joined Souths, what are the chances that he will lure Johnny Lang away from Penrith ?

Richardson and Lang worked together at Cronulla
Richardson and Lang worked together at Penrith.

Johnny Lang could be the next piece in the Souths puzzle, as this will allow Souths to get all the big name players interested.

Tigerpete

Juniors
Very , or should i say extremely unlikely. I see your point but that would be an even bigger shock than Richo leaving Penrith.

Slugs

Tigerpete said:
Very , or should i say extremely unlikely. I see your point but that would be an even bigger shock than Richo leaving Penrith.

...........or the tigers ever beating the mightie Bunnies ;-) ;-) ;-)
How have you been PussyPete-how are they hangin ???

ozzie

Bench
or will souths survive 2005??

don't think so!!!!!!

High slugs how are ya mate - best of luck for the rest of the season.

Slugs

ozzie said:

don't think so!!!!!!

Oswald Q Ostrich............yeah been fine and dandy

heard you have been on the sick list............Is that stage two of aids kicking in or what ;-) ;-) ;-)

BTW dont worry about us being around in 2005 ...we have a goal to play your Rorters side in 2008 in the Grand Final............100 years of tradition against the only two remaining traditional teams left in the League....with Richo on board (No 1 CEO) and a new coach to boot we will once again be the Pride Of The League.........and rightly so :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stay tuned for further developments

Tigerpete

Juniors
Slugs said:
Tigerpete said:

Hahaha.....Im good slugs, enjoying the warmer air that the higher end of the table offers. Maybe one day you'll know what i mean. :lol: :lol:

Slugs

Tigerpete said:
Slugs said:
Tigerpete said:

Hahaha.....Im good slugs, enjoying the warmer air that the higher end of the table offers. Maybe one day you'll know what i mean. :lol: :lol:

Hopefully sooner than later...........must admit you guys are travelling ok....I have a mad Tigers supporter that sits beside me and he keeps reminding me how well you are travelling..............although I always come back with our record against your mob....no matter how bad we are travelling we can usually manage a win against you.......... ;-) ;-) ;-)

Tigerpete

Juniors
Well with Richo incharge, that day may not be so far away, The first thing you guys had to do was get ur front office in order, Richo's a great start but my feeling is you need to weed out some more. Having factions like the Piggins and Pappas factions is just not healthy.

Slugs

Tigerpete said:
Well with Richo incharge, that day may not be so far away, The first thing you guys had to do was get ur front office in order, Richo's a great start but my feeling is you need to weed out some more. Having factions like the Piggins and Pappas factions is just not healthy.

Yes well I think the Piggins faction is just about dead and buried. Three of the five piggins faction "crossed the floor " and the other two abstained from their vote on Richardson.

Based on that one would assume that George's meddling in Souths affairs are at an end and that can only be a good thing.

What we now need is Richo to give us a decent Coach and then we will attract some big names and hopefully our fortunes will change. I mean we can't forever hold on to the fact that we are only assured of a win against the Tigers ;-) ;-) ;-)

bubs

Juniors
If Shane Richardson gains control of your club, your team will become a powerhouse.
If he plays second fiddle to others, you might have no hope for a long time.

Slugs

bubs said:
If Shane Richardson gains control of your club, your team will become a powerhouse.
If he plays second fiddle to others, you might have no hope for a long time.

Richardson has already been given the authority by the Board to hire and fire as he sees fit.

I cant see him playing second fiddle to anyone..it's just not his style

Slugs said:
ozzie said:

don't think so!!!!!!

Oswald Q Ostrich............yeah been fine and dandy

heard you have been on the sick list............Is that stage two of aids kicking in or what ;-) ;-) ;-)

BTW dont worry about us being around in 2005 ...we have a goal to play your Rorters side in 2008 in the Grand Final............100 years of tradition against the only two remaining traditional teams left in the League....with Richo on board (No 1 CEO) and a new coach to boot we will once again be the Pride Of The League.........and rightly so :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stay tuned for further developments

The hundredth season is 2007 so you best be quick to get to the GF for that one. :lol:

He is a god signing and he needs to kick arses and get pro active people in not just people that will be looking after themselves.