What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shane Webke on the footy show

Fibroman

First Grade
When you look alongside the word ' bloke ' in the dictionary, there should be a picture of Webke.

People talk about Andrew Johns being the best player of all time, but I think Webke is the standout forward of his era. Nobody matches the bloke in toughness. He may not have the skills of an Andrew Johns, but in my book, you couldn't ask any more from a front rower than what Webke delivers.

He is also very well spoken, and does his club and the game of rugby league proud with his attitude both on and off the field.

Any thoughts?

KFC

Juniors
Fibro Man this will probably be the only time we are in complete agreement. I reckon he is the best bloke in Rugby League. And there are plenty of great blokes in Rugby League. I was lucky enough to meet him bout a month ago in a social situation and he is very intelligent, very passionate about our game and its future and he is completely down to earth.

ibeme

First Grade
He's a credit to the game. He's someone that needs to take on more of leadership role as an ambassador and spokesperson for the game.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Good call, but I don't know any props that have the skill of a half back.

Thats why they are props.

OVP

Coach
The reason why certain people are respected in anything they do, is that they first and foremost MUST show respect in turn to their opposition. Webcke does this to a tee, and its the reason why he is respected by EVERYONE in Rugby League. He is a true champion on and off the field, take a bow Shane :)

miccle

Bench
I've been lucky enough to say gday to the guy on numerous occassions and honestly I believe he's one of the most humble and down to earth blokes in the game. You wont find a more genuine, passionate and well spoken bloke - a true gentleman and an aboslute credit to both the broncos and rugby league in general.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Been the best no 8 since Lazarus retired, had a few challengers over the years, but continues to set the standard.

Bubbles

Juniors
Great player, great ambassador and great bloke. He's a credit to his club and the game and we need more like him who have humility and show respect to his opponents. :clap:

It's good to see that there hasn't been a bad word said about him. I've never met the bloke but from what I've seen in the media he's a true champ. A credit to Rugby League.

t-ba

Post Whore
He's a top player and a great ambassador for the game.

Props aren't as stupid as the stereotype these days either!

Kiwi

First Grade
I shows what sort of bloke the guy is when not a single bad word has been said about him from fans from other clubs. Normally when you see threads like this there are people bagging the player being praised, it always happens, the fact it isn't happening here is a testament to Webcke.

We should start a petition to have Webcke as the face of league over the likes of Barrett/Anasta ( no offence to those guys ), it's about time we had a forward as the voice and face of our game.