What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharkcast TV silenced by the NRL

You read it right.

The club has been gagged by the NRL from commenting on the game through any official media and social media channels.

This means we cant do SCTV this week through the clubs facebook channels. Well, we could do it, but we couldn't say anything about the game, so it's pointless.

Sam and I will be recording an episode from my mancave, live at 430, where we are free to speak about these issues. You will need to be on www.facebook.com/sharkcastpod to see it. It is my understanding the NRL will be watching. Please share around and support us.

Weaponhead

Coach
Kim Jong Greenberg can get f**ked.

Personally, I have never been more disengaged with the game. Couldn't give a shit about any of the games now. Normally, I love this time of year but its just so much bullshit from the corporate wankers at NRL central. They say they want passion and tribalism. When people care about their team they will blow up when they get f**ked over. But no, can't have passion from the Sharks.

This same mini dictator excused Thurston from accusing the NRL of an anti Queensland conspiracy a few years ago. He directly called into question the integrity of the game and it's leadership[ and Greeberg lets it slide with nothing.

Flanagan checks with the NRL Head of Football before going into the press conference and still gets fined for questioning decisions and not the integrity of the refs. The NRL mandates the press conference then blows up when the coach says what he feels.

Their hypocrisy is mind blowing.

Then you get dumb f**ks like Kent who moan about robotic answers from players and coaches then stick the knife in when somoene actually speaks their mind plainly.

I was just as pissed off watching the Parra/Melbourne game. The refs just shat themselves that Melbourne might lose. They systematically got the Storm back into the game. It was so obvious how the game would turn out. It was bullshit. Arthur held his tongue as he has another game.

It is not the just individual decisions that bite, its the inconsistencies and patterns. 11-5 penalty count that the NRL says should have been 12-8. Well that makes a huge difference in a game of footy. No penalties for 50 minutes makes a huge difference. A sin bin for interference when they completely miss three interference plays on the Sharks makes a big difference. Yes, the Sharks played poorly and still should have won but the officials were flat out garbage and have been all year but the NRL is doing nothing. Censorship isn't much of a response.

Eion

First Grade
How could they be so inept.

All they needed to do was fine flanno the standard 10, do a 'from now on fines are increasing' speech and leave it at that.

Now flanno and Barrett are appealing and they are trying to gag fans from talking about it. Causing it to blow up more.

Deadset amateurs.

taipan

Referee
Interesting stat from NRL 360 ,we are the worst club for completions in the NRL 73%.
As BBQs stated you can't blame the refs ,we could have won that game, except for our silly errors .

My view refs will make mistakes have done do since the Magna Carta,but gee would we have been knocked out of the semis, if we hadn't stuffed up some games at Sharks Park? Especially with games at the death.No safety first .

I'm usually pro Flange ,but the tirade came across to me as bitter poor loser.No mention by him of wrong decision making by players at vital times, losing the pill and poor completions.
Sometimes players have to be held accountable.I get the sh*ts with some ref';s decisions,but that's been the case since the year dot.

I've been following the Sharks for decades ,but this outburst to me was an embarrassment.
If we continue to bag refs ad hoc, no one will want the job.Then the game is stuffed.
IMO the NRL had to put the foot down.Elsew the Indians run the show.
Maybe the bunker is drawing the crabs.If that;s the case flick it.Let the refs decide a try or no try and move on.
Cam Smith time wasting arguing with refs gives me the Tom Tits.
The game is too bogged down with technicalities on decisions.Simplify it if necessary.

Just get on with the game.

I'm bleeding disappointed we are not at the top end of the season, but I look back at the downers of this year and some of our clangers(Gal,Fifs,Feki,Val ,Taga BBQs,Chadster)and understand the reason why we are out on our a*ses.That's taking into account penalties some we should have received,some the opposition should have got.
Here endeth my rant.

Eion

First Grade
You read it right.

The club has been gagged by the NRL from commenting on the game through any official media and social media channels.

This means we cant do SCTV this week through the clubs facebook channels. Well, we could do it, but we couldn't say anything about the game, so it's pointless.

Sam and I will be recording an episode from my mancave, live at 430, where we are free to speak about these issues. You will need to be on www.facebook.com/sharkcastpod to see it. It is my understanding the NRL will be watching. Please share around and support us.
What about the podcast?

Stake Removed

First Grade
I am not an Aaron Woods fan, but his comment i can live with, refs should not be talking to players just penalise, then he mentioned how much talk between refs and Cameron Smith.

No calling by names, nick names just player number.

Also i took notice when Maloney was in bin, we still had to pack 6 in the scrum i was under belief that there is a rule stating, that you can have no more then 7 not in scrum, which we would have had, so we shouldnt have had to pack 6 in that scrum

Omnishark2

Juniors
Seriously Greenberg is kidding, for all the reasons you guys have outlined above.

Resorting to blanket censorship is usually a turning point for most regimes going under.
Look out Toddy, you are digging a very big hole for yourself that you will never get out of.

shaggs

Coach
I am not an Aaron Woods fan, but his comment i can live with, refs should not be talking to players just penalise, then he mentioned how much talk between refs and Cameron Smith.

No calling by names, nick names just player number.

Also i took notice when Maloney was in bin, we still had to pack 6 in the scrum i was under belief that there is a rule stating, that you can have no more then 7 not in scrum, which we would have had, so we shouldnt have had to pack 6 in that scrum

I'd say that's because of players not knowing he rules

Reactions: jak

Stake Removed

First Grade
Greenberg as picked a fight indeed, you can now bet next year we will have the hardest draw in the league, we dont get many FTA games well that will decrease, and we will have the most 5 day turnarounds the league can dish out.

I am guessing as well we will have 2 games pre SOO if the NRL can dish that out to us as well

Eion

First Grade
Greenberg as picked a fight indeed, you can now bet next year we will have the hardest draw in the league, we dont get many FTA games well that will decrease, and we will have the most 5 day turnarounds the league can dish out.

I am guessing as well we will have 2 games pre SOO if the NRL can dish that out to us as well

We get raped anyway. No derbies or time slots we ask for.

Keep swinging away I say.

sandshark

Bench
Wow. It boggles the mind that this administration runs a major sporting competition.
I'm actually happy that the game is suffering from the decrease of interest from the fans.
They deserve everything they get at this point, what a f**king farce.

Continue to kill our love for the game, Turdberg.

Chimp

Bench
I'd love to see the club go balls to the wall on this. Get a legal team in and challenge the NRL on a number of discrimination fronts - there's been so much inconsistency over the years - Fifitas treatment for FKL, Gals £50k fine, the whole ASADA thing, Todd Carneys sacking (at NRL request/advice), this latest fine and now censorship.... There's a million other things we could throw in too. I'm sure any lawyer worth his salt would pull apart the NRL for the fines they're handing out for comments made in press conferences that they mandate take place immediately after the game, and then don't control - they let the journos ask whatever they want, fine the clubs if they don't respond with proper answers, and then fine the clubs if they don't like what they hear... they can't have it all ways and I think they'll be on real dicey 'freedom of speech' grounds. Same with the whole Fifita situation (don't wanna drag up the details), but how on earth can such a punishment be dished out for writing 3 letters on your arm that you never publicly admit what it stood for, therefore nobody knew until some lowlife started digging to find out what it meant. Throw in that there a dozens of other players every week they have similar writing and initials on their strapping with no censorship or investigations into what it means, even when the players are pointing to the initials when they score a try etc (something Fifita never did).

In any other walk of life it wouldn't happen.