What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks back Peachey as marriage woes force time out

RICHO

Juniors
Does Peach really want the world knowing this?
Poor bugger.
I hope things work out well for him. Football is so not important compared to problems like what it appears he is going through.

BEST OF LUCK PEACH! Hope to see you back in SharkLand soon mate.

Wobbygong

First Grade
So things are'nt running as smoothly as I thought.

I know alot of Dragqueen supporters are having a quiet chuckle at these revelations....................

Go Sharkies 2004

I know alot of Dragqueen supporters are having a quiet chuckle at these revelations....................

Let them chuckle all they want
Peach never pulls stunts, he sought and was granted leave

The Dragons honour roll
Anthony Mundine: pissed off to Honolulu mid-season, came back, quit the club and the sport and did it with a chupa chup arrogantly hanging out his mouth

Nathan Blacklock: went AWOL and quit the club...doesnt know if he's coming or going, doesnt know if he's Arthur or Martha

Gordon Tallis: a great man. Decided that he'd prefer to sit on his ass for a whole season rather than suffer the indignity of playing for the Dragons. Went to the Broncos and played in a real competition with super league

Meth

Staff member
A couple of things, from an opposition supporter (warriors)

Does Peach really want the world knowing this?

I wondered the same thing. I'm glad Raper was frugal in detail, but sometimes frugality can cause more of a stir.

However, Peachey taking time off, citing personal reasons, would of sparked a furore, so I guess the club is in a catch-22.

I just hope that all of Rugby league, not just the shire, will support Peachey, but from a distance. If I had to choose my marriage or my career, I wouldn't need to think for very long.

Best of luck Peach...hope to see you again soon.

SaintTPP

First Grade
I hope Peachey can sort everything out so he can get back to footy, just like thommo has. Peach and Thompson are both great guys and should be respected and supported through their marriage ordeals, because they took the desency to talk about it with the club and they were both in long-term relationships....unlike Hodges.

Amyways till when is Peachey contracted to the Sharks??? And how old is he this year?? I am asking this because I think this or next year might be his last.

Macca

Coach
He's only 30. His contract is up at the end of the year. I reckon the Sharks will offer him another 2 years atleast.

cheese

Bench
McSharkie said:
I reckon the Sharks will offer him another 2 years atleast.

Dont be so sure.....

In an email i got from sludge mid last season, he stated that peach's future at the sharks beyond 2004 depended entirely on form, and his ongoing injury problems.

If he has a good season, i reckon he'll be offered another year, with an extra year option, pending form and injury.

......Btw ...in todays tele, sludge stated that the peach will be back within the next two days, and that he will take part in the upcomin trials. I hope all is well with the big fella.

Macca

Coach
I am no psychic but I just have the feeling Peach will play out of his skin this year. I hope we sign him before the June 30 deadline because if he does go well, the other clubs will be throwing cash at him.

RockyShark

Juniors
It must really suck having the public spotlight on you while you're trying to sort these things out.

Best of luck Peach - hope to see you back on deck soon.

PS - I'll second Richo's nomination for mermaid!

Nuffs

Bench
ShireShark said:
peachey has integrity

from what i have heard from a source extremely close to the situation, peachey has no integrity left

and he may have priorities but they aren't what everyone would seem

Nuffs

Bench
if i say what i heard then i'd probably get lawsuits flying at me from every direction

i think this will all be sorted in the next couple of weeks

dont be surprised if he doesnt show up to training at all this week, maybe even next week. maybe never again

Nuffs

Bench
never again is a big long shot though. bookies would be paying 250/1 at least

depends on what his relo's say to him while he's in dubbo

carinashark

First Grade
I think Raper has handled the situation very well. Not bad when u think of the Hoges thing over at Easts.
carinashark

Latest posts