What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks Captaincy going forward.

Is Wade Graham seen as the next Sharks Captain?

If not who?

Do you think Gal should hand it over to Wade or whoever else it will be next year or wait for Gal to retire.

Personally I think it should be Wade Graham and Gal should hand over the Captains arm band to him next year.

Gal isn't going to be on the field for the same amount of minutes he has spent on the field in games previously.

Well you think he wouldn't.

Wade is an 80 minute player and Gal can help get the whole team behind Wade as Captain next year and give him as much support as he needs.

Quigs

Immortal
Let Wade be the Captain for sure. Who will ever forget the coin toss.

But leave the onfield thinking to Jimmy M. He's the brains of the outfit.

taipan

Referee
Wade .No correspondence to be entered into.
He's earned it, handled the ASDA crap ,and plays his ring out each game and is humble(bit like me).

bluefox1968

Juniors
Personally, I think they'll let Gal have it until he retires, as a mark of respect.
The fact that Wade has been touted as 'future captain' for years means that the playing group is well aware of it, and it becomes 'just a matter of time'.

Foz

Bench
Make Fifita captain.

Waits for the image sponsor lines to come flowing out.
Remember Gal wasn't and isn't the poster boy some clubs have.

Co captain with Wade like the cowboys do with Thurston and Scott.

Whilst i understand the sentiment in letting Wade captain with Gal still in the team , i think Gal has earned the right to call it quits on his terms. He's just won our first premiership. Going forward the culture of the team should show that we reward the loyal.

NrlVader

Juniors
Give it to Jack Bird.

He hates losing and has a win at all cost mentality.

Move him to 5/8 and Jimmy to halfback and sell Chad.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Has to be Gal in his testimonial year....Wade will get plenty of opportunity to captain as Gal's minutes get reduced a bit this year.

Last edited:

cb4

First Grade
Fifita. That will f**k with a lot of people.

But seriously, the only decision is Wade Graham.

shaggs

Coach
Fifita. That will f**k with a lot of people.

But seriously, the only decision is Wade Graham.
What's wrong with naming wade as captain, and then Fifita (to f**k with DT and maybe give him some responsibility) with one or two others, say barba (old head) and then Holmes or bird as the new blokes (might make Holmes speak up) as a "leadership" group.

Arnold

Juniors
Gallen to keep it.

Wade to get it in 2018.

Gals farewell year will be good, needs 21 games for 300, better stay fit.