What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks Den Relocation

MTK

Juniors
I know I'm a bit behind the times, and it is very much old news, but I was wondering what the goss was regarding the Den's departure from Matthew's World of Matthew?

Whilst I've never really been a fan of Mr O'Neill - his ego has long disturbed me, I was wondering if some juicy incident precipitated the move?

Anonymous

Juniors
:lol: :lol:

Juicy goss.. hmmm...

I'd say the main reason for the move was because of inter-site politics which were preventing me from having complete freedom over the site. Amid the decimation of forums online, I provided a banner to this forum - as rleague's own Grandstand had been removed - so that Sharks fans could all find a common place to talk.

Matt O'Neill immediately stopped linking Sharks articles to the Sharks Den until I took the banner down. I left the banner up in the better interest of the fans. Matt told me that when the Grandstand came back, I had to remove the banner and get fully behind the new Grandstand. I reluctantly agreed, but I'd been left with a sour taste in my mouth following the pettiness of what had occurred.

Next thing you know, I was talking to Willow and Legend and they mentioned their plans for expansion. Bingo! Complete creative control and no bitterness.

Still haven't completely recovered our lost audience - Matt wasn't too pleased to leave a redirection to the new site at rleague - but we're getting there. And having more fun while doing so too.. :D

Latest posts