What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks Outfit

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Backline size, agreed. Reick & Merrit together will be a liability.

Sheros, our backline is 40ks less & St GEor 40 k's more when correct personell are installed.

Comet. don't go saying that around here!! You'll earn the wrath of one Millersnose. But you are right. Whilst he is way off Preston Campbell in the area of attempted tackles, he does tend to use the same technique.

pogo

Juniors
spot on mcsharkie, this bloke is kidding.
its not the size of the dog in the fight its the size of the fight in the dog!!
the backs will more than hold their own and u will find the defensive pattern and communication of our backs will more than suffice.
we need them scoring tries not making 50 tackles each.
as far as how to win a game goes its easy just outscore your opponents and with kimmorley directing a very sizeable pack around the park aided and abetted by some potent backs then look out!!
the funny thing i am noticing, and it is understandable is that most other club supporters and not so fanatical sharks supporters havent realised what a massive junior talent pool we have put together.
all last years problems have given a number of younger players the blooding they require to be top class first graders.
as for bagging stevens and beattie i think the club has them in the best situation u could wish.......being snapped at the heels by some really outstanding young forwards.
bring it on!!

Macca

Coach
Going down to the game today Pogo. I reckon we'll rip through them pretty quickly and get to the tp by 5.

Almost stopped reading at the bit about Peach not being a super defender but glad I didnt, got to the bit where Gasnier was rated as a super defender!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHA
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHA <--still laughing

I also noted this gem:
Riddell is also a Monster
Agreed, I've seen him at the pub devouring a pie. That certainly wasnt human, I'd hope.

And the bit about Timmins and Barrett being super quick!

A brilliant piss take. Full credit to you for being able to laugh at yourself.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

blacktip-reefy said:
Sheros, our backline is 40ks less & St GEor 40 k's more when correct personell are installed.

I disagree Reefy. There would be only be about 25kg's when looking at both sqauds. The difference is negligible, certainly not statistically significant

Creagh's a big boy, but I don't think he's up to 1st grade standard.
The StGeorge bacline I included in the one used in Big League Review as the Dragons 'BEST'. I think Saleh and McGoldrick might be ahead of Stinky based on the Ballina trial.

Howell 92 Saleh 92
Frew 92 Merrit 86
Creagh 96 Kent 89
Sullivan 80 Withers 84

I haven't included Sullivan or Withers in this list because they are trialing as a hooker/utility players

cheese

Bench
Im not buying into it

The roosters were exceptional for the majority of the season with walker and byrne

If rieck and merrit are good enough - they're good enough - if they're not - they're not

Macca

Coach
Exactly right Sheeros and Cheese. This is just another case of negativity from the almighty negative one.

ali

Bench
I'm not at all concerned about our defence in the centres. Vagana is well regarded, and Franze in 2002 looked like a top defender. McGoldrick if selected is a noted defender, who offers more in defence than attack. The wingers may not be the biggest blokes ever, but I'd rather have a whippet on the wing than a 100kg good defender who struggles to make a break.

We may have a problem defending on whichever fringe the 5/8 (Bird or Aitken) is defending. Bird has technique problems but has the talent to overcome it soon. Whilst Aitken is still very young and probably hasn't matured into his body, but I haven't seen him struggle in defence in any grade I've seen him play. But both are very dangerous in attack.

Overall I really like our chances of a top 8 or better finish this year.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
We are not talking about putting a civonciva on the wing!!
We're talking Lotes, Wendells, Mellors, Grothes & Hassans here.
Guys who run the ton in the 11's(1 second =10 metres) 12's are no good. Or not good enough.
I think people are missing my point. Especially the drunk people.
Size has nothing to do with wing defense in my opinion. Merrit & reick will be as good as anybody in defense(on the wing).

cheese

Bench
If any of those run 12's, its hassan.

Rieck runs high 10's, im not sure about merrit, but my guess would be highish 11's, maybe even 12's, but its his acceleration thats his strong point.

What makes you think hassan iss fast? have you got an official time sheet? ....my old man is a saints supporter, so i get dragged to a few games, and i watch games at the pub with him, and from what ive seen, his pace is solid at best....he's no where near tuquiri's or grothes league in terms of pace/power. Why would saints sign a featherweight hack like youngquest, and release saleh, if he was gods gift to the 100m track.

actually cheese my already sky high respect for you just went up a few notches

being able to resist the temptations of the dark side and instead taking up the good fight, you must be a good man, certainly one of the greatest

i tip my hat to you, sir
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Macca

Coach
cheese said:
If any of those run 12's, its hassan.

Rieck runs high 10's, im not sure about merrit, but my guess would be highish 11's, maybe even 12's, but its his acceleration thats his strong point.

What makes you think hassan iss fast? have you got an official time sheet? ....my old man is a saints supporter, so i get dragged to a few games, and i watch games at the pub with him, and from what ive seen, his pace is solid at best....he's no where near tuquiri's or grothes league in terms of pace/power. Why would saints sign a featherweight hack like youngquest, and release saleh, if he was gods gift to the 100m track.

You certainly raise some very valid points there cheese. If this Saleh is so good why didn't he have a contract up until now. I'll take Reick and Merritt. Kent and Simmons as backup and McGoldrick if he can't play centre.

Latest posts