What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks Recruitment and Retention for 2004

Frenzy

Juniors
I'm not sure how many Sharks fans are here from rleague.com or the Sharks Official forum. Not many I guess from the amount of posts but I think it will grow.

Anyway, I have this posted at the O forum so I'll put it up here as well. Some people from other clubs may be interested as well. It's a list of player retention and recruitment for 2004 that has been supplied to me by the club.

New signings in red, re signings in green. Negotiating in blue.

N.B. This list in incomplete insofar as it does not include Jersey Flegg players that will/may be contracted later. The Sharks top 25 will come from this list of 40 players though.

Fullbacks

David Peachey
David Simmons

Threequarters

Jarrod Anderson
Andrew Emelio
Paul Franze
Jason Kent
Nathan Merritt (Rabbits)
Dimitri Pelo (Burleigh Bears - Australian schoolboy winger)
Matthew Reick
Stephen Ross
Nigel Vagana (Bulldogs)
Nick Youngquest - has offer from Dragons but NOT yet signed with them

Halves

Russell Aitken
Andrew Dallalana
Brett Kimmorley
Travis Burns

Backrowers

Matt Bickerstaff
Dean Bosnich
Cameron Ciraldo
Daniel Dumas
Paul Gallen
Keith Galloway
Sam Isemonger
Michael Russo (Storm)
Reece Williams

Props

Chris Beattie
Michael Greenfield
Andrew Lomu (Roosters)
Dale Newton
Danny Nutley
Jason Stevens
Nathan Vagg
Jason Williams* (Bulldogs)

Hookers

Pat Gibson
Kevin Kingston

Utilities

Phil Bailey
Greg Bird
Matt Hilder
Michael Sullivan
Jardine Bobongie* - (Norths Devils MackayDRL)

Negotiating

Roy Friend
Shaun Wessel[/quote]
Bronx Goodwin[/quote]

That Guy

Juniors
Thanks for that Frenzy, could you tell me what is happening with the following players:

Jye Mullane
Laloa Milford
Karl Lovell
Nick Patterson
on Tweedle
Shaun Wessel

Frenzy

Juniors
That Guy said:
Thanks for that Frenzy, could you tell me what is happening with the following players:

OK as of my last correspondence with the club 13/8/2003

Jye Mullane - no
Laloa Milford - no
Karl Lovell - no
Nick Patterson - no
Don Tweedle - probably not
Shaun Wessel - probably not
Adam Davidson - probably not
Joel Penny - yes
Junior Paulo - no
Ben Yelavich - didn't ask.

Frenzy

Juniors
That Guy said:
no meaning that they have been released or signed eleswhere for 2004?

No meaning they are not on the retention list at the time the info was given

Might change now as Sullivan has asked for an upgrade.

dimitri

First Grade
they should try and recruit some class

and retain some pride and dignity

i know cuz i lost all mine

Foz

Bench
Frenzy had an asterix against Jason Williams.Some dog fan on the radio said he had signed for the Sharks.Also mentioned Roy Asotati(spell?)had re-signed)with the Dogs.

Patterson, Wessels, and Mullane, may be worth retaining. I've never seen Davidson play, but he's never been given a chance in the top grade, unlike Milford, and Anderson, who have had plenty of opportunity.

Frenzy

Juniors
Foz said:
Frenzy had an asterix against Jason Williams.Some dog fan on the radio said he had signed for the Sharks.Also mentioned Roy Asotati(spell?)had re-signed)with the Dogs.

Yeah I did

The asterix denotes a new signing Foz.

Asotasi signed with the 'Dogs for three years I believe.

Sheros los Deros said:
Patterson, Wessels, and Mullane, may be worth retaining. I've never seen Davidson play, but he's never been given a chance in the top grade, unlike Milford, and Anderson, who have had plenty of opportunity.

As at the time of my last enquiry Paterson, Wessels, Mullane, Milford and Davidson were not on the roster for retention.

Davidson has only managed to get on the field for 6 games in what has been an injury plagued year for him.

Anderson has resigned.

Alan Shore

First Grade
Frenzy said:
Foz said:

Yeah I did

Sheros los Deros said:

As at the time of my last enquiry Paterson, Wessels, Mullane, Milford and Davidson were not on the roster for retention.

Davidson has only managed to get on the field for 6 games in what has been an injury plagued year for him.

Anderson has resigned.

Davidson will turn into a good winger. We should keep him.

Alan Shore

First Grade
Frenzy said:
Foz said:

Yeah I did

Sheros los Deros said:

Anderson has resigned.

Davidson will turn into a good winger. We should keep him.

imasharkie

Coach
Frenzy I have a mate who is a doggy supporter and he does not know who jason williams is....can you fill me in so i can rub it into him

Foz

Bench
Thanks Frenzy.I dont know anything about Williams but the caller on radio wasnt happy Williams left.He was very happy Asotasi re-signed.What I've seen of Asotasi he looks the real deal.

Frenzy

Juniors
Jason Williams aged 22, originally from the Warriors has played lower grades for the past few seasons with the Bulldogs but was earmarked for a top 17 spot this year before a serious elbow injury sidelined him for 2003.

The solidly built prop is considered as the Bulldogs strongest player with a bench press of 200kg

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
Jas is an ex Te Atatu boy....played juniors with him, until he went to the darkside and played for Marist...while playing for Marist-Richmond he was picked up by the Mongrels.

Jas is a stocky bloke, who is as strong as an ox....needs abit of mongrel in him though, he can be abit soft in patches.

Tash

Juniors
We also signed a young guy named Jardine Bobongie from up in Mackay.
Just saw it in league week,it say that he is the hottest league property in Mackay.We got him on a 12 month deal.