What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks (Round 20)

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Something that I definitely don't think can be excused is the fact that all their outside backs ran for a total of 600+ metres where our outside backs only ran for a bit more than 300+. That's not good enough. Aj, Burns, Jennings all need to go looking for the ball to get us out of trouble. I remember one set where we were defending and the Cronulla back 3 were literally playing like props. We need more of that.

Last edited:

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Something that I definitely don't think can be excused is the fact that all there outside backs ran for a total of 600+ metres where our outside backs only ran for a bit more than 300+. That's not good enough. Aj, Burns, Jennings all need to go looking for the ball to get us out of trouble. I remember one set where we were defending and the Cronulla back 3 were literally playing like props. We need more of that.
That's a good point, the whole backline need to bring out the ball from our line in a 1, 2, 3 tackle hit up. Jennings and AJ have a bit of size to utilise. it means giving the forwards time to breath and AR to try and get a repeat set

doyen

Bench
What do you define as adventurous? I think I've said this before but I suspect that you are a connoisseur of 60s, 70s and 80s football which was very ad-lib simply because the game was semi-professional and teams didn't have the time to work on such structured play in training. I will grant you the fact that football from those eras is much more pleasing on the eye because the game flowed a lot better. I'd be interested to see whether or not you are a proponent of bringing back the 5m rule because that change would surely result in teams playing off the cuff more in attack. Modern football is completely different because of the 10m rule and the game is so much more structured because you cannot afford to turn possession over as much as you used to be able to.

We were behind but still in with a chance well into the second half.

What about some positional changes within the game----Walker to 5/8,even moving AJ or Burns closer to the action in the centres--mix things up a bit----even Cook to FB for a while to give him some real room to move.
How about occasionally running the ball on the last tackle instead of every time putting up the "Hail Mary" bomb!??
Walker is great at the chip-kick but not a sign of that. He could have been swapped to 5/8 & demonstrated these skills. AR didn't run once;did he?? Everyone knows what he's going to do.

We had to make things happen NOT telegraph every play!!

The game was far better for the spectator under the 5m rule------ nearly every aspect of the modern game is opposed to how RL is meant to be!!

EG. throw the ball into the scrum under the lock's feet & pass it to a prop forward at 5/8.

I would give a free 40 or 50 ms to any FB or winger who defused/marked one of those boring bombs--maybe that would entice halves to try something different!!

Last edited:

CAFPOW

Juniors
I watched the Knights v Roosters. Them Knights players have heart. Something our team lack with the exception of Sam and Crichton.

CAFPOW

Juniors
Can somebody please explain why some of our players defend by running backwards and sometimes facing our own try line instead of keeping an eye on the opposition player with the ball?

Rabbits20

Immortal
Bad cook bad cook
He does one bad thing and he gets criticised greatly in here.... Cook then made up for it forcing Fifita into error... FACT.....

Farah did so may dumb dumb things and it's barely mentioned!!!!! Overall Farah was woeful the other night!!!!!

With Cook on it gives our halves more time and Cook gets the opposition on the back foot.........

We look a more assured and confident with Cook there...

Drop Farah the old hack ffs.....

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
He does one bad thing and he gets criticised greatly in here.... Cook then made up for it forcing Fifita into error... FACT.....

Farah did so may dumb dumb things and it's barely mentioned!!!!! Overall Farah was woeful the other night!!!!!

With Cook on it gives our halves more time and Cook gets the opposition on the back foot.........

We look a more assured and confident with Cook there...

Drop Farah the old hack ffs.....

I actually reckon Jennings and burns did a good job on Friday. It was only near the end that the leaked that silly try purely because they didn't put in an 80 minute performance but I can forgive that. For 70 minutes they looked like first graders.

Crichton and Reynolds made some bad defensive choices unfortunately which led to some silly tries. Fa'amanu browns try was pretty soft as well from Farah and Walker.

You have a fair point actually. Farah was terrible near the end of last game.. He started great and but then he actually got worse as the game went on

handyman2190

Bench
That's a good point, the whole backline need to bring out the ball from our line in a 1, 2, 3 tackle hit up. Jennings and AJ have a bit of size to utilise. it means giving the forwards time to breath and AR to try and get a repeat set
The only back that does it and does it well is bryson and he is gonsky next season....must be a coaching problem.....

Rabbits20

Immortal
I actually reckon Jennings and burns did a good job on Friday. It was only near the end that the leaked that silly try purely because they didn't put in an 80 minute performance but I can forgive that. For 70 minutes they looked like first graders.

Crichton and Reynolds made some bad defensive choices unfortunately which led to some silly tries. Fa'amanu browns try was pretty soft as well from Farah and Walker.

You have a fair point actually. Farah was terrible near the end of last game.. He started great and but then he actually got worse as the game went on
They a a big worry for me defensively Jennings and Burns!!!!!

Next week I'd be changing it up if I was Madge: (I like this 17)

1. AJ
2. Burns (right wing)
3. Hunt (right centre)
4. Jennings (left centre)
5. Goodwin (left wing)
6. Cody
7. AR
8. Tom
9. Cook
10. Musgrove
11. Fuimaono
12. Crichton (pending foot)
13. Sutton (C)

14. Turner (pending ankle/leg)
15. Cherrington
16. Murray
17. George

18. Clark
19. Farah
20. Tyrrell
21. Who cares!!!!!!!!

However Madge will probably keep Sutto at 5/8 and keep Tyrrell in plus play Turner at lock)

Rabbits20

Immortal
The only back that does it and does it well is bryson and he is gonsky next season....must be a coaching problem.....
That sense doesn't belong in here mate!!!!!!

They love Farah in here and when he f**ks up badly like the other night they crucify Cook when he comes on and we look so much much better but he makes a mistake and it's all his fault!!!!! Then he made up for it and stopped Fifita and forced him into error and he doesn't get anycredit whatsoever!!!!! If that was Farah it'd be oh what a brilliant play and Cook couldn't do that blah blah...;.....

Some have zero clue in here. May sound harsh but it's the truth!!!!!!....

As for Goodwin mate he's another that continually has been bagged out in here season after season and especially in pre seasons where they say he'd be dropped and pretty much nearly every time they were wrong and he kept playing the way he knows head down bum up!!!!!!!

If you don't think Goodwin is going to be a loss you've got no idea!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad you get it!!!

Goodwin gets his hands dirty and knows how to break tackles and gain matures.........

Hunt has been injured and his discipline has let him down............ not in the same class as Goodwin!!!!!!......

Latest posts