What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks Sevens squad announced.

RICHO

Juniors
Would have liked to have seen Bails put in there to test him out a bit. See if he really does want to be a Shark.

Good team though. Very exciting bunch of young fella's.

Genius Freak

Juniors
I like that squad. Very little potential for Barrett-esque disasters in that lot. I'd have kept Franze in cotton wool a little longer, but if he's ready to go, I'm excited.

Give Hilder the c, this kid could be the captain within next 5 years, give him some blooding now, and this is his most important year the 2nd year, all coaches have seen him, and studied him, now he has to measure up, the c would show the faith the club has in him

shadowboxer

First Grade
Best thing about the line up is to see Franze getting a run. That injury last year was a shocker. I hope he returns to the form of 2002.

Shark

Bench
ShireShark said:
Last year our Dearly Departed Ando insisted that the guys not playing attend all games.

Fair enough, really. Cant have some blokes doing all the work and others bludging...quite commendable actually from a bloke who has long been accused of playing favourites.

Yes, fair enough call in most circumstances. But how about this hypothetical scenario. You're a first grade footy player. A good mate is getting married. The wedding has already been brought forward to January so that it's not in footy season, much to the Bride's horror, who wanted an Autumn wedding.

Your coach tells you to turn up to some irrelevant 7's comp or be dropped for the opening rounds, or some similar threat.

Or what about the player who had a christening for a neice? Basically the premise could be the same as the scenario above.

This is how Ando operated. It's half the reason he got the punt, in my book. No other coach would make demands like the possible scenarios I have put up here.

Hey, if the blokes have NOTHING important on, then YES they need to be at the ground cheering the 7's team on. But these guys already ask alot of their families and friends during the footy season proper, so some concessions need to be provided in the summer months.

I see your point shark however being a footy player isnt the only profession with weekend work...and the sevens would be just about the only weekend where players would be expected to be "at work" all day each day.

Morpheus

Juniors
Paul Franze, I reckon he will be player of the tournamet, with Mc Goldrick also having a huge 7s tourny.

beerboy

Juniors
NZ WARRIORS 7s
Sione Faumuina (capt)
Wairangi Koopu
Clinton Toopi
Francis Meli
Brent Webb
Justin Murphy
Karl Te Mata
Ali Lauiti'iti
Thomas Leuluai
Hame Lauaki
Louis Anderson

how good is their team, added to the fact NZ throw the ball around a lot normally i think their defininantl gonna challenge us for the title
West have a good team as well

ali

Bench
This is the Widnes team and what a StHelens supporting pom thinks of their side. They haven't picked Aaron Moule who would have bene great for sevens. Overall their side looks ordinary outside of Adam Hughes and O'Neill. I think we'll smash them.

Julian O'Neill - Pants
Henderson
Royle -
Hughes - Very, very good centre
Andy Hay - Awful at RL proper, but is mobile enough
Frame - Solid forward
Bird - Solid, unspectacular
Wozniak - Weird Aussie bloke, bit crap
Robinson
Giles - Winger signed from St Helens after not getting any 1st team chances. Small.

Alan Shore

First Grade
I really question the value of ANY ESL team entering the Sevens. It'd be much more productive and attractive to the fans for an extra qualifier to get a spot, because of Widnes a deserving side such as Italy, Japan or the Cook Islands.

beerboy said:
NZ WARRIORS 7s
Sione Faumuina (capt)
Wairangi Koopu
Clinton Toopi
Francis Meli
Brent Webb
Justin Murphy
Karl Te Mata
Ali Lauiti'iti
Thomas Leuluai
Hame Lauaki
Louis Anderson

how good is their team, added to the fact NZ throw the ball around a lot normally i think their defininantl gonna challenge us for the title

Ando has decided to make a few changes
Francis Meli,
Ali Lauiti'iti,
Clinton Toopi,
Karl Te Mata,
Thomas Leuluai,
Wairangi Koopu,
Brent Webb,
Tony Martin,
Louis Anderson,
Hame Lauaki,
Manu Vituvae

Manu is a 110 kilo 1.9m tall winger.

Booyah

Bench
southern warrior said:
beerboy said:
NZ WARRIORS 7s
Sione Faumuina (capt)
Wairangi Koopu
Clinton Toopi
Francis Meli
Brent Webb
Justin Murphy
Karl Te Mata
Ali Lauiti'iti
Thomas Leuluai
Hame Lauaki
Louis Anderson

Ando has decided to make a few changes
Francis Meli,
Ali Lauiti'iti,
Clinton Toopi,
Karl Te Mata,
Thomas Leuluai,
Wairangi Koopu,
Brent Webb,
Tony Martin,
Louis Anderson,
Hame Lauaki,
Manu Vituvae

Manu is a 110 kilo 1.9m tall winger.
\\

Meli is Captain also.

fatshark

Bench
I just cant see the Kiwis or a Pommie team winning it. Take into account the fitness levels and the possibilty of scorching heat.

Latest posts