What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks Sevens squad announced.

wittyfan

Referee
There was a small article in today's Sunday Telegraph about the Sevens that included Ryan McGoldrick:

League battle kicksoff

THEY'RE chiselled and toned, dripping in sweat and turning heads as they crawl up sandhills and pound along beaches.
Yes, it's the football season, and the boys are back in town.
Although the thwack of tennis balls and crack of leather against willow can still be heard throughout the country, the hunks of rugby league will be clashing on the paddock again by next weekend.
All 15 NRL clubs plus eight international teams including Fiji, Lebanon and last year's crowd favourites, Russia, will be competing in the Cougar World Sevens over two days at Aussie Stadium in Sydney.
The January start to the league season is unusually early -- there are 259 days until the grand final and the weather could be scorching.
What's more, the boys will be competing for fans with regular summer heroes like Ricky Ponting in the one-day cricket double-header in Adelaide and Lleyton Hewitt in the Australian Open tennis in Melbourne.
But neither the competition nor the heat worries Cronulla centre Ryan McGoldrick, pictured.
Nicknamed ``Zeus'' for his chiselled body, the tattooed McGoldrick has returned to the Sharks from an ill-fated season in rugby with the NSW Waratahs.
``The Sevens should be good fun,'' said McGoldrick.
``We're playing Parramatta first up and they won it last year. The idea is to just get out there and throw the ball around.
``In the end you want to win the tournament, but it's not the main reason you're there.'' The winner of the Sevens will earn $100,000. Parramatta beat England in the final last year and are searching for three titles in succession.

Hmmm, "Zeus"? :? Looking at the photos it has to be a gee-up :lol:

Booyah

Bench
Speaking of the Telegraph - did anyone see that picture of Reick running with Youngquest and Donald?

Was it just me, or was the shirt he was awearing a totally different shade of Blue then what was used last season....

Speaking of the Telegraph - did anyone see that picture of Reick running with Youngquest and Donald?

Was it just me, or was the shirt he was awearing a totally different shade of Blue then what was used last season....

Yeah different colour this year.

It says that Youngquest runs the 100 in 10.8 seconds and Rieck does it in 11 seconds. I'm sure if the two raced that Rieck would beat Youngquest hands down.

Jimbo

Immortal
ShireShark said:
It says that Youngquest runs the 100 in 10.8 seconds and Rieck does it in 11 seconds. I'm sure if the two raced that Rieck would beat Youngquest hands down.

Give me Rieck over Youngquest any day. He's a bullet

wittyfan

Referee
the phil bailey band said:
i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Youngquest is faster than rieck

I reckon Youngquest's 10.8 sec over 100m was very much wind-assisted. :)

Joven Clarke's probably faster than both of them but I wouldn't want him at the club. Speed's not the be all and end all.

Latest posts