What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks team V's Happy Clappers

coolumsharkie

Referee
Round 2 Sharks team: Valentine Holmes, Sosaia Feki, Jack Bird, Ricky Leutele, Edrick Lee, James Maloney, Chad Townsend, Andrew Fifita, Jayden Brailey, Matt Prior, Luke Lewis, Wade Graham, Paul Gallen. Interchange: Jayson Bukuya, Chris Heighington, Sam Tagataese, Tony Williams. 18th and 19th man: Gerard Beale, Kurt Capewell

According to someone on FB. Brown dropped Williams gets a gig but he did make NSW cup team of the week. Beale and Capewell, unlucky. I guess Lee gets a go against his old club.

MilkShark

First Grade
Pressures on Heighno to perform. I see zero reason why would pick him over Capewell.

cb4

First Grade
Capewell is becoming very over-rated. Heino is a proven vet, Capewell has 2 games to his name. Chill on the constant calls, he is the new Moroko.

MilkShark

First Grade
He's a 2 game screamer v's a veteran FG player. Incase you missed it.
So because he has played 2 games he is overrated?
Capewell offers more to this side than Heighno. If the team above resembles anything like what is officially named then we are running 4 forwards who can't cover any position other than somewhere in the scrum.
Heighnington offered nothing last week, if he can't bring more than that this week then I don't see why we would keep puttng him ahead of Capewell who can cover many positions across the field.

MilkShark

First Grade
Capewell is becoming very over-rated. Heino is a proven vet, Capewell has 2 games to his name. Chill on the constant calls, he is the new Moroko.
Changed your tune a bit since Friday.

This is what you wrote:

''II'd also be up for ditching Heino for Williams or Capewell. I am big on Heino but he has carried on one year too many for about 4 years.''

coolumsharkie

Referee
Capewell offers more to this side than Heighno. If the team above resembles anything like what is officially named then we are running 4 forwards who can't cover any position other than somewhere in the scrum.
Heighnington offered nothing last week, if he can't bring more than that this week then I don't see why we would keep puttng him ahead of Capewell who can cover many positions across the field.

You make a fair point, I'm not sure where Capewell fits into the FG side though as he is far from a utility, he's been training all off season in the backs.

MilkShark

First Grade
You make a fair point, I'm not sure where Capewell fits into the FG side though as he is far from a utility, he's been training all off season in the backs.
True, he is Luke Lewis like. Not really a utility but has the ability to cover more than just a spot in the scrum

Feki is bae

Juniors
Aren't there supposed to be 21 players named?

Edrick Lee is one who should be under pressure to retain his spot. His last 2 NRL games have been poor

snout

First Grade
Cover for brailey?...he wont go for 80.

Seggy a late inclusion for williams. Hes been training with the side apparently (?) - so lets rumble.

Capewell was huge for us in the run to the GF last year. He showed an urgency and defensive effectiveness beale dreams about.

southland

Juniors
Id go:

14 Seggy
15 Bukuya
16 Taga
17 Williams - if he us actually shaping up - who the hell knows.. did anyone watch the jets game?

Capewell unlucky 18.
Heigno becomes 19.

MilkShark

First Grade
Cover for brailey?...he wont go for 80.

Seggy a late inclusion for williams. Hes been training with the side apparently (?) - so lets rumble.
I'm sure it will be Nu again.

I'd be very surprised if Seggy was named this week.

cb4

First Grade

No, he is over rated because every Tom Dick and Harry think he is a messiah, when he is a 2 gamer who looked ok when we were rolling.
He was very ordinary on Sunday.

Changed your tune a bit since Friday.

This is what you wrote:

''II'd also be up for ditching Heino for Williams or Capewell. I am big on Heino but he has carried on one year too many for about 4 years.''

Haven't changed my tune, but my first preference is Tony Williams than Capewell.