What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks Trial

Clifferd

Coach
If the 1st half is anything to go by we'll struggle big time. We may have looked better in the 2nd half but it was probably moreso due to Cronulla shutting up shop rather than us having the better run of play

Still a few cattle to come back but I think that trial may have answered a few more questions

Das Hassler

Bench
The heat probably got to them a bit after Townsville and as its always been you can't read too much into trial form .....Cows were lathargic and run off their feet last week but i doubt they were panicking too much..relax

mepelthwack

Juniors
Very happy with Mataulino. Thompson clearly starts as fullback now. Godinet, Aloiai and Rochow all possibles in top 17 for round 1.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Not what I would pick but based off his selections and comments so far this is what I think Ivan will go with round 1:

1. Thompson
  2. MWZ
  3. Naquima
  4. Marsters
  5. Nofoaluma
  6. Reynolds
  7. Brooks
  8. Packer
  9. Godinet
  10. Matulino
  11. Rochow
  12. Lawrence
  13. Eisenhuth
  14. Taylor
  15. Grant
  16. Aloiai
  17. Marshall

Vic Mackey

Referee
As bad as we were the sharks were dynamite that first 40mins and would have lead any team. Hard to imagine them not being top 4 this year.

Hopefully we learnt something from that.

Clifferd

Coach
Penrith at full strength got spanked by a reserve grade dogs side that only had 2 nrl experienced players. And they are a genuine top 4 contender

On us, It looked like we generally treated it as a trial, just playing simple to get miles in the legs (all our forwards played big minutes barring Huth who went off for a HIA and never came back). I didn’t even see one set play if I’m honest

Meanwhile Sharks looked like they were on fire and played almost perfect in the first 40. Sometimes you just can’t defend that

Tiger Ted

Bench
Not what I would pick but based off his selections and comments so far this is what I think Ivan will go with round 1:

1. Thompson
  2. MWZ
  3. Naquima
  4. Marsters
  5. Nofoaluma
  6. Reynolds
  7. Brooks
  8. Packer
  9. Godinet
  10. Matulino
  11. Rochow
  12. Lawrence
  13. Eisenhuth
  14. Taylor
  15. Grant
  16. Aloiai
  17. Marshall
Geez that’s an ordinary backline! It will b a training run for the rorters star studded backline against the likes of naquama mwz & the biggest hoax in the nrl Brooks.

Fonua Milne & Benji need to urgently prove to IC that they r far superior to the liabilities Kev mwz & Brooks or we r fkd !

simmo05

Bench

1. Thompson
  2. MWZ
  3. Naquima
  4. Marsters
  5. Nofoaluma
  6. Reynolds
  7. Brooks
  8. Packer
  9. Godinet
  10. Matulino
  11. Rochow
  12. Lawrence
  13. Eisenhuth
  14. Taylor
  15. Grant
  16. Aloiai
  17. Marshall
Naiquama, really? Every year this bloke starts the season off saying he is jacked, training the house down etc. Hopefully he wont cost too many games with his shit reads before fonua comes in