What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks V Rabbits Game Day

Liberate Souths

Juniors
Souths were a lot better than normal. Lifted for the big match but burns muffed it and we got depressed. Fully over-counselled I'm afraid.

Beale was magic, fine game.

Madsharkie

First Grade
I think Bird does provide spark and is versatile, without ever being fantastic in one position. Maybe he should be a "super sub" like in Origin?
I wasn't upset he didn't play. He's piss poor at the moment. Adds nothing.

Weaponhead

Coach
Very ordinary performance for the first 30 of the second half. Closed it out well. Take the 2 points but plenty of improvement needed.

Could have scored a couple more tries on the right last night. Quite a few times we had big overlaps and either Townsend or Bukuya took the ball up instead of releasing the ball to the outside backs.

Players have to look up more and count numbers.

snout

First Grade
Bird will be crucial going forward to the finals now.

Be doesnt have the smarts yet to be able to handle origin period and come back for these games.

Guys with 5 times more experience do the same. Look at maloney.

He loves the contest Bird and he plays every play with intensity - something we couldnt manufacture last night playing a bunch of wood ducks.

I reckon he will be one of our players of the finals series.

Last edited:
Did Latimore get a run last night?
I honestly cant remember seeing him on the field
Edit: just checked, he played 13 mins

Last edited:
Pretty good game.
I thought Chad was outstanding. His kicking game was 95% on & perfect. Then in comes Jimmy & bang clears a 65 metre to the corner.
That switch play blew my mind. Jim to Chad 20m over the top of the play the ball. The coifs footwork had them bamboozled & shame it didnt lead to points.
Gallen was exceptional as usual or always taking that run to get to the points on the field for the enxt play. Huge.

People criticising gal for the 4th hitup plays in that game need to look at the context of those hit ups in terms of the time and score and then re-evaluate their opinion.

Bird is so much better than Capewell in the centres. To be honest I don't really know what position suits capes? Second row of he can use that step to get play the balls but his leg speed and drive is not the best.

coolumsharkie

Referee
I hope we keep Bird, I don't get the man love for Capewell, he's played alright but we needed JB in there last night against a team like the Bunnies. Very handy utility is Capewell, better coming off the bench for the forwards.

People criticising gal for the 4th hitup plays in that game need to look at the context of those hit ups in terms of the time and score and then re-evaluate their opinion.

Bird is so much better than Capewell in the centres. To be honest I don't really know what position suits capes? Second row of he can use that step to get play the balls but his leg speed and drive is not the best.

100% Closed out by the Captain, not especially exciting from a spectators vantage point. He was outstanding in the first half.

Liberate Souths

Juniors
Bird is another class altogether than Capewell, the latter certainly showing signs of great promise.

Bird is in semi-elite class.

That Prior hit was massive. Reminds us that at any time an average player with good technique can wipe out a key player. Very handy for the finals.

Its a tough and unforgiving game. Reminds us to respect the players for their courage. Brutal and violent sport. Wow!

Last edited: